How many WZ do you leave to finish "win 3" daily?

Pashgan

I really dont understand what the problem is here. Just queue with 3 friends and have a laugh. As a rep player i have only lost 3 games (2 due to imps exploting voidstar) in the last 2 weeks, playing on average about about 7-8 a day.

It makes it so much more fun and you win, after all, this is an MMO-RPG, you should have at least a few friends

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a battlemaster myself, how do you know when it is time to leave a warzone prematurely?

1. When Civil War pops, an attack plan is chosen and then 1/2 the team doesn't follow it from the start.

2. You play huttball and the opposing team has two points before even the first two min of the match are over.

3. You play defender in Voidstar and you don't even have a full team as the defender.

4. You queue up for a warzone and the only person in full Champion gear or better is you.

5. You pop huttball and you see that the opposing team has more than one ringer.

6. You die in a warzone and you find half your team still behind the barrier with you when you rez.

6. You pop Civil War or Voidstar and realise you are the only healer for your team while the opposing team has more than 3.

7. You pop in a match that has already started and one of the following has occurred:

a. Opposing team in huttball is up by 3 balls.

b. The Civil War match has the opposing team up by 200 points and controls two turrets.

c. 1/2 the round is over in Voidstar and your team still hasn't made it past the first door or you play defender and you still have a 30 second speeder ride to contend with while the other team is successfully pushing.

Frankly, I have experienced all of those more times than I care to count. It comes down to the hundreds of matches I have played (if not thousands) and eventually having zero tolerance for incompentence with my fellow team members or being placed on a team who are so undergeared as to not even be funny.

As a battlemaster I can give my team an edge but I can't guarantee victory. If they can't meet me half way, then there really is no reason for me to stay. I don't need, credits, valor, or warzone commendations. I only need wins. A match I can't win is not a match worth my time to play.

I really dont understand what the problem is here. Just queue with 3 friends and have a laugh. As a rep player i have only lost 3 games (2 due to imps exploting voidstar) in the last 2 weeks, playing on average about about 7-8 a day.

It makes it so much more fun and you win, after all, this is an MMO-RPG, you should have at least a few friends

You don't understand because you have a very high win count. The average player doesn't see those numbers. My record is actually 3 days. Three days with no victories while playing more than 6 rounds a day to completion.

The reality is that Imp players very seldom get to play Civil War or Voidstar. They get Huttball 8 out of 10 times and huttball comes down to one thing and one thing only - which team has the better ball runners or leapers.

If you can't leap like superman or use force run to get past obsticles, you are zero help to the team. All you can do is CC the ball handler with the hope that he / she isn't at full resolve.

As for the other two warzones ... on my server at any rate the Repubs come in with a huge number of healers. Sometimes half the team are healers. This makes for an impossible match for the Imps to win. Why? Because healers arent' viewed as being necessary for PVP by the Imps. We see Huttball, Huttball, and more Huttball. And with the constant breaks in line of sight or the ability to go great distances (with either force run or force leap) healers play but a very minor roll in scoring which is all that really matters. While with the higher precentages of Voidstar and Civil War, Repubs naturally see healers in a different light. They are critical to their strategies to win.

Plus you have the low medal counts that many healers get in warzones and Imps just don't play those builds and classes.

So to recap ... Repubs see high victories in Civil War and Voidstar due to more healers. They have more healers because they play the matches where healers help tremendously. On the other hand Imps play a lot more Huttball thus don't need healers. As a result, they tend to lose civil War and Voidstar to Repubs. But since they hit far fewer times for the Imps, the loss of the healers isn't worth the trouble to level more.

Edited by ForceWelder

You don't understand because you have a very high win count. The average player doesn't see those numbers.

The reality is that Imp players very seldom get to play Civil War or Voidstar. They get Huttball 8 out of 10 times and huttball comes down to one thing and one thing only - which team has the better ball runners or leapers.

If you can't leap like superman or use force run to get past obsticles, you are zero help to the team. All you can do is CC the ball handler with the hope that he / she isn't at full resolve.

As for the other two warzones ... on my server at any rate the Repubs come in with a huge number of healers. Sometimes half the team are healers. This makes for an impossible match for the Imps to win. Why? Because healers arent' viewed as being necessary for PVP by the Imps. We see Huttball, Huttball, and more Huttball. And with the constant breaks in line of sight or the ability to go great distances (with either force run or force leap) healers play but a very minor roll in scoring which is all that really matters.

Plus you have the low medal counts that many healers get in warzones and Imps just don't play those builds and classes.

Thats why i am saying, queue with friends! makes it so much more fun. Ok i que with a jedi shadow with 21k hp, and a jedi guard with 22k hp and a healer and we are all battlemasters. Am i the worlds greatest pvper? No way, but i'll say now again. Queue with 3 friends and you will have a laugh. Thats why we all play this game no? for enjoyment

Thats why i am saying, queue with friends! makes it so much more fun. Ok i que with a jedi shadow with 21k hp, and a jedi guard with 22k hp and a healer and we are all battlemasters. Am i the worlds greatest pvper? No way, but i'll say now again. Queue with 3 friends and you will have a laugh. Thats why we all play this game no? for enjoyment

Have a laugh?

I don't PVP to have a laugh.

I pvp so I can get my battlemaster bags on the hope that one will finally hit at 25% and give me 1 more battlemaster commendation.

You miss the whole point of PVP. You want to group play there is PVE content. Go kill X boss for the Y time.

PVPers play for gear progression so they can be better PVPers. And once you hit valor 60 there is only one way to get better gear. Win warzones or slaughter the opposing side at Ilum.

Having "fun" with others is the absolute last thing I want to do in a PVP match.

About once? When I lose, I know that it will still be the same enemies I will be fighting because my server has low population. There are always these few players who always PVP. So I just go play my ALTs and the next day start again. Took me about 3 days to finish. LOL.

I queue with 3 friends and get done fast. I don't have a problem with the way the system is, and think it's better that there is no deserter effect. If there was people would stand around doing nothing in a losing wz so that it would end faster, at least those people can leave losing only what they accrued so far in tokens and valor, rather than stand around and be useless.

Have a laugh?

I don't PVP to have a laugh.

I pvp so I can get my battlemaster bags on the hope that one will finally hit at 25% and give me 1 more battlemaster commendation.

You miss the whole point of PVP. You want to group play there is PVE content. Go kill X boss for the Y time.

PVPers play for gear progression so they can be better PVPers. And once you hit valor 60 there is only one way to get better gear. Win warzones or slaughter the opposing side at Ilum.

Having "fun" with others is the absolute last thing I want to do in a PVP match.

You do know this is a computer game right? If you queue solo, you have to accept your going to be roflstomped by premades. How do i miss the point of PvP? I do PvP, for fun. I queue with my friends, for more fun. If you want to queue, by yourself, and lose, by yourself and then in time get the best gear so you can own people 1 on 1's with worse gear than you, i feel sorry for you

I only leave when the other team goes up 5-0 in Huttball, then decides to extend the game and farm kills until the timer runs out. Even then, if it's just a minute or three, I'll hang and try to increase my medal count.

For three wins, I usually have to play ten matches (I queue solo). Slightly fewer than half the wins count, so that actually means twenty matches. This takes quite a long time. Hopefully, the coming patch will fix the no-credit issue. I can fix the low win percentage issue myself, if I'm willing to stop queuing solo ;)

i leave maby 2 matches a day i dont leave to get quest done only if teams lost cause people who leave over and over (you) are the weakest link in pvp if you cant lose a few you cheat your team and dishonor your opponent its not a good thing to do in fact its a real weakass thing to do and i hate having to do it when i do but untill they dont force us to join on games that cant in any way be turned around weve got what weve got for now.

A punishment would kill this game because people would quit a WZ, not be allowed back in for say 15-30 mins - for instance - and just not bother coming back.

This games already suffering a slow death unless they think up something fast to pump some life back into the PvP.

You have more excuses than my 5 year old.

Punishment for leaving needs and will happen soon, ranked matches don't need to be some Q deserter type of game. People that leave their mess of a Warzone are selfish people that want spoon feed victory in the first 5 seconds or it's a get the ---- out.

If the poor scum bag losers that leave warzones unsub from SWTOR because of rules and deserters buffs, then that is a good thing. I hope every crybaby QQ poor loser does leave this game.

I would rather deal with people that try, and end warzone that say things like nice try, or better luck next time than people leaving every second.

I also am sick geting Q'ed into a matches already in session, and game is half way over due to these poor pathetic leavers.

Edited by Caeliux

I hate to use the "S" word but once I get the feel that there is STUPID in my group. I leave it and queue again. Not worth it to me to go the distance in a WZ because one person can't win the match for everyone.

You need a team and sorry to say it but not everyone is a team player. Not everyone is decent at PVP, Not everyone understands that these WZ have a goal or objective and it isn't about your kill count. If you are defending I don't care you are bored. I care if you leave the spot ungauarded so you can kill a target and loose it for us or have a bomb set on a door you are supposed to be fighting on top of to see the enemy player.

All in all I don't care one bit about leaving a WZ that has players in it that can't hack it or have never understood the way to win. There is no penalty in place that even would make me think twice about it. That is the honest truth.

Edit: Oh and I will leave as many as it takes to answer the threads question....

Edited by Gryphandor

left 3 games today.

First one was voidstar,i was alone at left door,saw 2 sentinels coming my way,typed left door in /ops.No one came to help.Took one to 30%,he stealthed and gone for heal.Ok i swithced on second,nuked him to 40% before first returned,used medpack,my own stealth and killed him.Had to blow berserk twice coupled with undying rage to finish first sentinel off.Was left with 7%.Smugler opened for me before i can heal myself out of combat and i died.Typed "left door fast! in /ops from spawn point.Yet door was capped.Left right after receiving message that bomb was planted.

Second was hutball,was running with ball toward line,had my shields up,3 ppl on me.Sorc from MY team pulled me back to ledge to SAVE me....They knocked us both down and nuked me.

Third was Huttball again.Got a premade of 4 fresh 50`s ranging from 11 to 12k hp.Left before game even begun.

Penalty or not penalty i am not sticking with such screwups.

Zero. I would never leave a warzone. Though I hate myself for it, quite often.

As a tank class I can get enough commendations and valor even in losing game, so it's not a waste of a time.

The average win-loss ratio of scenarios while in PUG is slightly less than 50%, so it is manageable. There are some ugly streaks but also 3-4 wins in row.

rarely ever leave in honesty unless im on a really bad streak of losses and i can feel the inner rage within, but even then i will only usually leave voidstar matches

voidstar with no healer against a good pre made i have better things to do than feed them extra medals/kills/my time for little to no reason

if i see its a sure loss and we are being pounded in huttball i will just stealth past the farmers and go for a few even 1v1 fights up the back near their spawn to occupy myself while the timer goes down / they score 6. Or occasionally if they have pushed to far forward in "farming mode" I will just score to make myself feel better