Sentinel vs Marauder: Quality of life

jjschm

Hey all, going to post this in the other forum as well. I've decided to make a sentinel or marauder my new main and am really excited about it. Faction makes no difference, but everything else is going to make me decide.

Which has the better ship?

Which has the better animations?

Which has the better companions for questing?

Which has the better love interest?

Which has the better looking gear? (I slightly favor the armor + hood look).

These are the things that are going to sway my decision.

Thanks!

Hey all, going to post this in the other forum as well. I've decided to make a sentinel or marauder my new main and am really excited about it. Faction makes no difference, but everything else is going to make me decide.

Which has the better looking gear? (I slightly favor the armor + hood look).

These are the things that are going to sway my decision.

Thanks!

@ Mamm

That's right...

Okay, I have both - Jedi Sentinel and Sith Juggernaut.

Which has the better ship? Sith-Warrior, for sure. The Jedi ship is the ugliest ship in SW:TOR ( imho ).

Which has the better animations? I love some Sith-Warrior animations but the Jedi-Knight's are nice, too.

Which has the better companions for questing? Sith-Warrior, for sure. I think the Sith-Warrior has got the best companions in Game ( Vette is amazing and does excellent AoE-dmg, Quinn is a good healer and you get him at ~ 16, Jaesa is an amazing single-target DD and she is yeah... quite nice, the last both are tanks and I like them too ). The Jedi-Knight companions are... crap ( imho ). I like Kira and that's it. T7 is a good tank, you get your healer quite late and it may be difficult without him - the last 2 companions are ugly ( imho ).

Which has the better love interest? Sith-Warrior ( as a male ). You get Vette and Jaesa - I really love both of them in their ways. Vette is reaaaaaally stunning :D

Which has the better looking gear? (I slightly favor the armor + hood look). Sith-Warrior, for sure. Much better look. If u don't like the masks you can switch them off, but as a Jedi you always have your ugly hood. Compare it, I am sure the answer is easy.

So.

5 : 1 for the Sith-Warrior.

Edited by LovarBoy

The main difference at there core is animations and armour. The rest they're mirrored exactly.

I'm leveling a marauder just now and have a 50 sent.

IMO the marauder animations are smoother but feel a bit more floaty and less painful if that makes sense.. they all do the same thing though.. I'll have to get my marauder past level 14 to judge properly though i certainly can't play pvp with it until i reach a level where i have all the abilities i'm used to as a 50 sent..

Storyline i'll have to play more. Sentinel was pretty good imo. If you get sick of the brittish evil accent stereotype you may prefer repub..

Edited by AngusFTW

I disagree with LovarBoy nearly on all aspects.

While I don't have a high level Knight nor Warrior, I have friends that do.

I have a Jedi Shadow, and they have the same ship. And it's the best ship I have so far.

The outer looks may not be the best, but still looks good.

The interior design is without a doubt is the best in the game.

Both are good. It's a tie.

My Sentinel only has Kira and T7 so far, and both are amazing. Kira is awesome, T7's dialogue lines are hilarious.

My Warrior has Vette and Quinn. Vette is cute, but if you're going evil, she's going to disagree with you on everything.

Quinn is the most annoying companion character in the game. And he sucks at healing.

Haven't had the chance to try yet, but from what it looks like from here,

Kira>Vette and Jaesa

Which has the better looking gear?

If you dig the Robe & Hood look(Which I do), you'll love the Sentinel. And no it's not ugly or anything.

Warrior gear looks good too tbh, since I love Darth Malak type face-mask/mouth-guard type helms.

Knight's level 50 pvp set is the biggest fail in the game though. It absolutely sucks, no denying.

Edited by Juroden

Cant say i can speak on behalf of Kira's love interestes. Bio certainly hasnt fixed her for me as of late. I never could get the dang thing to kick off after the second option of flirting became available and i chose to go with it.

As for Jaessa - she is comparable to Kira on the Deeps charts; for love interest she is pretty funny when you first start out, offering to share you with Vette. Of course i went with Jaessa though and her love line is quite enjoyable. As for Vette, she is an annoying little thing if you do choose to go dark, otherwise she is a cool companion and does do awesome aoe deeps.

Doc vs. Quinn - havent seen much difference between the two but would've loved haveing doc from the start for some quest lines.

Scorage/T7 - vs Lt Pierce/Broonmark - Broon compares slighty to Scorage but i preferr Scorage just for his looks mainly. and of course Lt P over T7, looks funny havng a mini tank in front of me but other than that no specific complaints.

I do like both ship designes but favor my sith ship exterior over the jedi's. As for the inside the sith's is a little more user friendly not having to go up and down and through corridoors so much.

I disagree with LovarBoy nearly on all aspects.

While I don't have a high level Knight nor Warrior, I have friends that do.

I have a Jedi Shadow, and they have the same ship. And it's the best ship I have so far.

The outer looks may not be the best, but still looks good.

The interior design is without a doubt is the best in the game.

Both are good. It's a tie.

My Sentinel only has Kira and T7 so far, and both are amazing. Kira is awesome, T7's dialogue lines are hilarious.

My Warrior has Vette and Quinn. Vette is cute, but if you're going evil, she's going to disagree with you on everything.

Quinn is the most annoying companion character in the game. And he sucks at healing.

Haven't had the chance to try yet, but from what it looks like from here,

Kira>Vette and Jaesa

Which has the better looking gear?

If you dig the Robe & Hood look(Which I do), you'll love the Sentinel. And no it's not ugly or anything.

Warrior gear looks good too tbh, since I love Darth Malak type face-mask/mouth-guard type helms.

Knight's level 50 pvp set is the biggest fail in the game though. It absolutely sucks, no denying.

Have you seen the PvP / PvE High-Level armor sets of Jedi-Knight's? That's what I call ugly. But that's my opinion. ;)

Edited by LovarBoy

@ Mamm

That's right...

Okay, I have both - Jedi Sentinel and Sith Juggernaut.

Which has the better ship? Sith-Warrior, for sure. The Jedi ship is the ugliest ship in SW:TOR ( imho ).

Which has the better animations? I love some Sith-Warrior animations but the Jedi-Knight's are nice, too.

Which has the better companions for questing? Sith-Warrior, for sure. I think the Sith-Warrior has got the best companions in Game ( Vette is amazing and does excellent AoE-dmg, Quinn is a good healer and you get him at ~ 16, Jaesa is an amazing single-target DD and she is yeah... quite nice, the last both are tanks and I like them too ). The Jedi-Knight companions are... crap ( imho ). I like Kira and that's it. T7 is a good tank, you get your healer quite late and it may be difficult without him - the last 2 companions are ugly ( imho ).

Which has the better love interest? Sith-Warrior ( as a male ). You get Vette and Jaesa - I really love both of them in their ways. Vette is reaaaaaally stunning :D

Which has the better looking gear? (I slightly favor the armor + hood look). Sith-Warrior, for sure. Much better look. If u don't like the masks you can switch them off, but as a Jedi you always have your ugly hood. Compare it, I am sure the answer is easy.

So.

5 : 1 for the Sith-Warrior.

^This

Especially with the companions. Kira is my second most hated companion in the game, only beaten by Corso.

On a side note, I find the JK class quests to be a bit unbalanced in comparison with the sith warriors. I typically like to do my class quests a couple levels under the quest level as I welcome a challenge. But with the JK I am finding that I have to grind out those extra levels to be on or above level for the quest to have a chance at getting through it.

I doesn't help having to use companions I never use for certain quests because they are unfortunately tied to the story line.

At this point I have pretty much walked away from my JK (who sits at level 35) because of the story line and a certain companion that is tied to it.