Desktop Hardware Q&A

Veilshatter

My game gets choppy on Corusant...when running to senate tower. Or at the fleet station.

I go from 60fps normally to the teens.

I'm running:

Core i5 750 Lynnfield @2.71 ghz

Radeon HD 6870 1gb

8gb memory

Would a solid state drive help? Or is my video card mid-range and not up to it?

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently bought 3d vision kit for my gfx card and monitor, but I can't seem to get the game to work on 3d for some reason? It works fine on other games, but when i put the 3d rendering option on on nvidia control panel and start swtor it just works on 2d like normally. Could anyone here help me with this? How can I activate the 3d for swtor? Any help will be appreciated =).

Check and make sure SWTOR is supported

I have a friend who really wants to play for the most part his PC is pretty decent, I feel the only thing holding him back might be his processor. But I was curious if he is able to run this game on low settings or at all with a Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2180?

I have a friend who really wants to play for the most part his PC is pretty decent, I feel the only thing holding him back might be his processor. But I was curious if he is able to run this game on low settings or at all with a Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2180?

Thats one of the earlier edition CPU's its under the recomended core 2 duos that have much better performance. you can try it probably wont be really smooth playablility.

Hi I'm having issues with my computer locking up while I play the game. It intermittently locks up and I have to hard reset my cpu just to log back in only to have the same issue again. This has been going on for days now and I would really love some help thanks.

I have a windows 7 home premium 32bit, nothing but windows and the game are installed. Intel quad core Q8200 2.33 GHZ processor with 4 gigs of ram (Nvidia), Nvidia GTX-260s SLi x2 and an MSI mother board that is a Nvidia 750i chipset.

CPU Core 1 temp 56 C

CPU Core 2 temp 49 C

CPU Core 3 temp 50 C

CPU Core 4 temp 51 C

GPU 1 Temp 56 C

GPU 2 Temp 53 C

Hard Disk temp 35 C

memory usage 30%

Are your drivers up to date

My pc can run game but very very very slowly and its pretty mutch unplayable:

- CPU: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4500@2.3ghz

- Graphic card: intel gma 4500m

- 4gb ddr3 memory

Am i doing something or game simply not playable 8even at lowest possible settings)

Edited by Purushottama

Hello, So currently i have a radeon hd 5450...yeah i know its bad. Im getting like 20 fps with everything turned on low and some medium. Im looking for a video card that i can play this game on max settings or at least almost max with around 40 fps. Ive been looking and have found the hd radeon 6670 and the 6750, which of these is better? KEEP in mind im at a budget of around 100$. If neither of these are good, which would be the best for around that price. Thank you. Edited by AccomplishMD

So every time I start playing my character the screen goes completely mauve colored like the deserts color. Any body know why this is happening? Also all the textures seem to spike on me I don't know why. Like if I walk by a rock it turns into a giant spike and blocks my screen especially once i walk just by it. My other issue is while I'm playing a get a ring of texture around my character. Kind of like the james bond intro with the gun barrel but mine is textures from the game. Any ideas on how to fix this. All my drivers for everything is up to date.

I know my video card is only 1.7 Gb and im willing to upgrade it but i dont kno what to. I have a Toshiba Satellite C655-S5206 and my graphics engine is Mobile Intel® HD Graphics, I want to upgrade this with something that should be able to support SWTOR. Any suggestions? or maybe my GPU is over heating idk.

Edited by BattousaiMaximus

Bought my PC sometime in Feb. 2011.

Processor: Intel Core i3-550 @ 3.2GHz

Memory: 6GB

Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are my specs good enough?

The only thing I would think of would be upgrading to a quad core proccesor. Yours has enough gHz it just might not be able to keep up with the game. just a shot in the dark though.

90% of games don't utilize more than 2 cores, so no, that's probably not the issue. SWTOR doesn't even utilize SLI, upgrading the cores isn't going to help very much.

Would this computer run swtor decently?

Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E6500 @ 2.93GHz

CPU Speed: 2.95 GHz

System Memory: 4 GB

Video Card Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

Desktop Resolution: 1152x864

Hard Disk Size: 698.36 GB

And by "run" I mean run it decently. Like above 20+ fps on low settings. Because my other laptop with these specs:

Intel® Core i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz

4.00 GB

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

can not do that, or at least keep a constant 20+ fps.

and thats why i said a shot in the dark............... so whats ur suggestion or are you just going to shoot one down? Just wondering.

No, I won't. It's the graphics card, I currently have to result to using a secondary family PC right now, that has a weaker processor, with a GT 220 and I get over 30 fps everywhere with everything but Shadows and sometimes shader turned to low. It's definitely the card, and an option for him to upgrade would be either a radeon 5570, or something like a GT 220. It won't run on ultra with 60 fps, but on low it will be more than playable.