AMD Phenom 9600 quad core 2.3 ghz

6 gigs of ram

nvidia 570 gtx 1280 megs gddrs

WD 7200 rpm HDD with 64 meg cache 6 gig sata

...and 9 to 12 fps on high

...and 13 to 16 fps on LOW

WHY? and what can I do to fix this

Edited by Eclipsotonic

ok so i was one of those people complaining about not getting anything past 3 FPS :(. i looked at my current system[my laptop] and decided it was time to just say f**k it and build my first gaming pc because you see, instead of waiting on a fix for my 3 FPS issue i realized that even if a fix came, i would not be able to run swtor, or any of the near future MMO's[like guild wars 2] that are coming out on mid-high to max settings with this laptop.

the only problem is that i am a super new newb to building pc's, let alone a gaming pc lol.

here's my under $550 budget gaming pc set up. Some input and general advice is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, thank you for taking a look.

PS: before you start recommending all these better parts that would make this build 10x better, please keep in mind a few things

---No plans of overclocking, at least not the cpu. MAYBE the gpu, maybe

---this will be strictly a MMORPGS gaming pc, not being built for crysis, skyrim, battlefield bad company etc etc. More like its being built to deliver good fps at MEDIUM TO HIGH SETTING[maybe max if i'm lucky] on games like SWTOR, Guild wars 2, WoW.

---The maximum res i will be playing on my current monitor is 1600x900 anyways, i think this rig should be perfect for my current situation right?

---BUDGET :(. i would love to upgrade to a better mobo, i5-2500k, radeon HD 6950 etc etc but i am on a very tight budget. but wouldnt all those be overkill for a rig being used for just MMORGS anyways?

alright without further delay, here is what i came with for my over all plans/current situation. should i go ahead and order parts?

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz Dual-Core with Hyper threading

CPU Cooler: Rosewill RCX-Z90-CP 62.5 CFM Sleeve Bearing $12.99

Motherboard: Biostar TH67+ Micro ATX LGA1155 $59.99

Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 $37.99

Hard Drive : Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 1GB $106.97

Case: Azza Orion 202 EVO ATX Mid Tower $28.99

Power Supply: Apevia 500W ATX

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) $99.99

Breakdown can be seen here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3wrH

Total after mail in rebate and all that: $548.....$2 to spare haha

so what do you think? again all advice/input greatly appreciated, help a major newb out man

Hey all!

You guys seem like you know a lot, at least compared with me. The thing is that TOR is next to unplayable on this computer, and i'm pretty sure it's not the internet. I asked my friends, and apparently my graphics card is a piece of garbage. So i was wondering if you guys have suggestions on what cards to get to make the game run smoothly, or anything else I can do. Not too pricy:)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+ 2,10 GHz

RAM: 2 GB

Graphics: NDIVIA Geforce 8400 GS

Windows 7

6 gigs of ram

Are you running 64 bit Windows 7? Or maybe just say what version....that does matter between 32/64 bit on utilizing the extra ram.

Have you tried updating your Nvidia drivers to the latest version?

Have you tried turning graphics preset to HIGH, hit APPLY. Then set it to LOW, hit APPLY and see if there is a difference? If this does work, then set it to a custom setting on what you are comfortable with. Shadows off may also help, as is whatever resolution you are running the game at.

Hey all!

You guys seem like you know a lot, at least compared with me. The thing is that TOR is next to unplayable on this computer, and i'm pretty sure it's not the internet. I asked my friends, and apparently my graphics card is a piece of garbage. So i was wondering if you guys have suggestions on what cards to get to make the game run smoothly, or anything else I can do. Not too pricy:)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+ 2,10 GHz

RAM: 2 GB

Graphics: NDIVIA Geforce 8400 GS

Based on http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2029 (the min specs sheet)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

You probably do need a better processor...but I honestly don't know how the processor min actually runs or if it's off.

RAM: Kick it up to 4gb or higher if you can. Prices are crazy low on ram at the moment, and there are lots of tools out there to find what type of ram your motherboard supports.

Graphics: 550ti is around 115 for a nice stable card. The more you pay..the better the card you'll get and the longer the card will last. I run a gtx 570 and don't plan on replacing the card for another 5+ years (provided technology doesn't jump the specs on games up that much).

Do some searches on newegg, tigerdirect, crucial, and the other sites for the prices and compare.

Much obliged. So a single high end card is my best bet. I can do that. Power Supply will be fine. How much do you think the 32bit OS is limiting things? I feel like if I get a 64 bit Windows 7 and 8 GB memory (instead of 4 GB) that it will make a big difference as well? Or really should I just put all the money into a new video card?

Here is an interesting link for you to just take a look at

The 32 bit OS(aka x64) will only limit how much total ram you have in the pc. 64 bit would be better, but if you have 4gb, you should be alright with 32 bit for now.

The decision is yours of course. Just take a look at the cost. Ram prices are pretty low at the moment if you decide to jump to 64 bit windows 7 and increase your ram.

I would suggest a single high end card for now as your best bet, because you can always go down the line later on and grab the same card for a cheaper price to run SLI with.

Good luck!

Based on http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2029 (the min specs sheet)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

You probably do need a better processor...but I honestly don't know how the processor min actually runs or if it's off.

RAM: Kick it up to 4gb or higher if you can. Prices are crazy low on ram at the moment, and there are lots of tools out there to find what type of ram your motherboard supports.

Graphics: 550ti is around 115 for a nice stable card. The more you pay..the better the card you'll get and the longer the card will last. I run a gtx 570 and don't plan on replacing the card for another 5+ years (provided technology doesn't jump the specs on games up that much).

Do some searches on newegg, tigerdirect, crucial, and the other sites for the prices and compare.

Thanks m8, very appreciated:)

Hello all. Excuse my ignorance, but I am very non-informed when it comes to graphics card. I have been playing SWOTR for a couple of days and outside game world is pretty smooth, but if I go in a building the game basically becomes unplayable. I have turned all settings to low (hence the reason outside world is ok), but no difference on inside. I wanted to buy a new graphics card, but wasn't sure which kind (or honestly how to determine if current card is PCI express or PCI 2). My current system settins are:

Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 2.6Ghz

RAM: 8gb

Windows 7 home premium

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4350 (it says location PCI bus1)

So, I am hoping someone could recommend a graphics card (reasonably priced, less than 150) that would get me what I am looking for. Also, is there a specific way to ensure I get right card for my machine? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Hello all. Excuse my ignorance, but I am very non-informed when it comes to graphics card. I have been playing SWOTR for a couple of days and outside game world is pretty smooth, but if I go in a building the game basically becomes unplayable. I have turned all settings to low (hence the reason outside world is ok), but no difference on inside. I wanted to buy a new graphics card, but wasn't sure which kind (or honestly how to determine if current card is PCI express or PCI 2). My current system settins are:

Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 2.6Ghz

RAM: 8gb

Windows 7 home premium

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4350 (it says location PCI bus1)

So, I am hoping someone could recommend a graphics card (reasonably priced, less than 150) that would get me what I am looking for. Also, is there a specific way to ensure I get right card for my machine? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Need more information than that what type of PC do you have brand/model #

Windows 7

6 gigs of ram

Your CPU is killing it.

What is the brand and model # of your mother board?

ok so i was one of those people complaining about not getting anything past 3 FPS :(. i looked at my current system[my laptop] and decided it was time to just say f**k it and build my first gaming pc because you see, instead of waiting on a fix for my 3 FPS issue i realized that even if a fix came, i would not be able to run swtor, or any of the near future MMO's[like guild wars 2] that are coming out on mid-high to max settings with this laptop.

the only problem is that i am a super new newb to building pc's, let alone a gaming pc lol.

here's my under $550 budget gaming pc set up. Some input and general advice is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, thank you for taking a look.

PS: before you start recommending all these better parts that would make this build 10x better, please keep in mind a few things

---No plans of overclocking, at least not the cpu. MAYBE the gpu, maybe

---this will be strictly a MMORPGS gaming pc, not being built for crysis, skyrim, battlefield bad company etc etc. More like its being built to deliver good fps at MEDIUM TO HIGH SETTING[maybe max if i'm lucky] on games like SWTOR, Guild wars 2, WoW.

---The maximum res i will be playing on my current monitor is 1600x900 anyways, i think this rig should be perfect for my current situation right?

---BUDGET :(. i would love to upgrade to a better mobo, i5-2500k, radeon HD 6950 etc etc but i am on a very tight budget. but wouldnt all those be overkill for a rig being used for just MMORGS anyways?

alright without further delay, here is what i came with for my over all plans/current situation. should i go ahead and order parts?

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz Dual-Core with Hyper threading

CPU Cooler: Rosewill RCX-Z90-CP 62.5 CFM Sleeve Bearing $12.99

Motherboard: Biostar TH67+ Micro ATX LGA1155 $59.99

Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 $37.99

Hard Drive : Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 1GB $106.97

Case: Azza Orion 202 EVO ATX Mid Tower $28.99

Power Supply: Apevia 500W ATX

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) $99.99

Breakdown can be seen here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3wrH

Total after mail in rebate and all that: $548.....$2 to spare haha

so what do you think? again all advice/input greatly appreciated, help a major newb out man

Drop the CPU cooler and use the stock one with the $ you save do yourself a favor on the PSU and get this one instead of the one you listed.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

Also that mother board does not support 1600 memory

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231311

Edited by blowmedown

hi fellows, i'm building a new rig. here are the main parts i've zeroed in on currently

OS - Win 7 64 bit Ultimate

mobo - ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3

CPU - Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz quad core (might overclock later)

RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1600

Video - ASUS DCII GeForce GTX 560 (not the Ti version). also its overclocked to 850 MHz http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series/ENGTX560_DCII_OC2DI1GD5/

I was originally planning to get the Radeon HD 6870 but decided on the 560 instead

would i be able to run the game at max settings @ 1920x1080? what about with AA enabled. what approx FPS can i expect with the 560?

Need more information than that what type of PC do you have brand/model #

Sure, I have an HP Pavilion Elite e9220y

AMD Phenom II x4 910 processor

8 GB DDR3 memory

1 TB HD

Windows 7 64 bit

I upgraded power supply to a 520 watt one and purchased and installed a Radeon HD6770 card today. My problem is that I had to move my network adaptor due to the graphics card taking two slots in the back of my machine and now my network adaptor won't work! I moved it a slot up (looked the same to me!) and with it in, the monitor wont get a signal. Pull it out and reboot and all is good?! Trying to figure that out now!

I just bought that CPU, my current CPU is an: AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core Processor, 2.4GHz. I was wondering since I still need RAM, CD Drives, an HDD, and a couple of other things if I could put the new Duo Core 3.2GHz I just bought in to this computer and run my game better while I wait for my build. Unfortunately I don't know the Mobo so you will just have to give an educated guess.

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103849

Never got an answer for this

Edited by Reaperchris

Sure, I have an HP Pavilion Elite e9220y

AMD Phenom II x4 910 processor

8 GB DDR3 memory

1 TB HD

Windows 7 64 bit

I upgraded power supply to a 520 watt one and purchased and installed a Radeon HD6770 card today. My problem is that I had to move my network adaptor due to the graphics card taking two slots in the back of my machine and now my network adaptor won't work! I moved it a slot up (looked the same to me!) and with it in, the monitor wont get a signal. Pull it out and reboot and all is good?! Trying to figure that out now!

So your up and running :)

hi fellows, i'm building a new rig. here are the main parts i've zeroed in on currently

Video - ASUS DCII GeForce GTX 560 (not the Ti version). also its overclocked to 850 MHz http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series/ENGTX560_DCII_OC2DI1GD5/

I was originally planning to get the Radeon HD 6870 but decided on the 560 instead

would i be able to run the game at max settings @ 1920x1080? what about with AA enabled. what approx FPS can i expect with the 560?

+

Wasted $ if this is just for gaming or should i say not the best bang for the buck.

Edited by blowmedown

What is your budget and do you need monitor/keyboard/mouse i will link you a good PC with the best bang for the buck. Also is this just for playing games?

Edited by blowmedown

So your up and running :)

Yes, running great! Everything at high and looks silky smooth so far! Also, loaded the Witcher 2 (virtually unplayable for me before at any setting) and it is running great as well! Now, I just have to figure out that damn network adaptor so I don't have a 50 ft ethernet cable running across the room!

What is your budget and do you need monitor/keyboard/mouse i will link you a good PC with the best bang for the buck. Also is this just for playing games?

budget is around $1400 but i'm willing to go slightly more if needed

and yea i need a monitor/keyboard/mouse as well

no this will be my main machine not just for gaming. i'll also be using it for movies and some work (programming mainly)