What will you do come 1.2 patch

SirCruCial

Just wondering what everybody else perspective is once 1.2 patch comes.

What I dont understand is why are they adding content to the game when the original is not even fixed yet. There are so many exploits, bugs, disconnects in this game to be worrying about adding content. This is all coming from PvP perspective as I dont do much PvE. So feel free to add content for those PVE'rs if its bug free or at least tolerable.

But I dont want to see any more Warzones if the first 3 plus Ilum are a complete joke as of now. 2 patches in a row they have claimed to have Wins actually credited to you and that is still not fixed. Disconnects right towards an end of a match so you dont get a win. Unable to click the rez button after a death so you get kicked from the warzone. Unable to get on a bike sometimes in Alderan so you get kicked for being a deserter. Allowing people to have 10+ people on your team in warzones.

Played 6 games earlier today to have 2 wins not count, 1 unable to click the rez button and 1 disconnect.

I know come 1.2 if it isnt basically flawless my time will probably end after that next patch if it isnt fixed.

Your Thought?

And yes I know this game has only been out for 2 months almost. Counting early access. But some of these bugs should have been fixed as they have been here since launch. And actually some of them have been around since early beta.

Bioware has enough developers to both fix bugs and add new content. Don't forget that most bug fixes are added in new builds rather than new versions (IE 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 will most likely have mostly bug fixes, which 1.2, 1.3, etc. will have content updates)

Yes they do have enough developers to fix bugs and add new content. However those fixing or should I say trying to fix the bugs now, cant figure it out since beta, how do you expect them to fix bugs thats in the new content. I mean 2 patches in a row stated they fixed the bug on getting no credit for winning a warzone. And still you get no credit on warzone wins. Seems they will be further and further behind. And now with all these exploits in Warzones come out, and still getting no credit for wins, I dont know if they will catch up. I mean they havent shown yet they have been able to fix something yet. They have been claiming to fix things which has turned out to make it worse. And this isnt just my opinion, but its all over the forums.

I do hope for the best as I like this game a lot. And I really want PvP to be fixed and be great. I just dont see it happening before a lot of people quit the game because they have gone tired of waiting for simple things to be fixed.

Yea we all know bug fixes need to happen, but pushing new content is what keeps subscribers. How many threads are there about "What to do after hitting 50 and getting geared" Well new content is the only answer to that outside of "Roll an alt". They have to get new content out on a regular basis to prevent the game from stagnating.

Yes they do have enough developers to fix bugs and add new content. However those fixing or should I say trying to fix the bugs now, cant figure it out since beta, how do you expect them to fix bugs thats in the new content. I mean 2 patches in a row stated they fixed the bug on getting no credit for winning a warzone. And still you get no credit on warzone wins. Seems they will be further and further behind. And now with all these exploits in Warzones come out, and still getting no credit for wins, I dont know if they will catch up. I mean they havent shown yet they have been able to fix something yet. They have been claiming to fix things which has turned out to make it worse. And this isnt just my opinion, but its all over the forums.

I do hope for the best as I like this game a lot. And I really want PvP to be fixed and be great. I just dont see it happening before a lot of people quit the game because they have gone tired of waiting for simple things to be fixed.

I think its a little to early to be ringing the alarms. We still have 3-4 more patches before this content update. As far as I know, they figured out the source of the not winning warzones problem.

plus, as you said, its a new game. There are gonna be bugs, and some bugs are very difficult to pin down. I don't know if you have ever done any programming, but the bugs that seem to the ignorant as easy to fix are actually incredibly difficult to pin point and find a solution for. I'm sure they will fix many of the problems in the game, and if they don't before they release the content update, i'm sure they will continue trying to fix it.

Overall, I think you being a little too alarmist. THings will be ok. If you are unhappy with the direction the game is going, stop playing.

Yea we all know bug fixes need to happen, but pushing new content is what keeps subscribers. How many threads are there about "What to do after hitting 50 and getting geared" Well new content is the only answer to that outside of "Roll an alt". They have to get new content out on a regular basis to prevent the game from stagnating.

Yes new content does need to come out to keep people. But also bug fixes needs to be fixed in order to keep people as well. I honestly think bugs in the game not being fixed, at least in PvP will get people to quit over new content. PvE they just need to stop catering to the carebears and make it harder. Or people just needs to stop rushing through things so fast. You do that and you will always be looking for something to do. I for one have grown tired of queing from a warzone to not get credit or disconnects. And I know I am not the only one that has this problem. Or queing for a warzone facing 10+ people on the opposing team.

To be honest, this not getting credit for a warzone bug that everyone seems to be getting, I rarely see. here have also been many bugs that they HAVE fixed, that people either don't notice, aren't paying attention, or have no clue about because once something gets fixed, people start complaining about something else.

You never see people making threads congratulating Bioware on a good job for fixing bug x and y, all you see is "this class is OP" and "this bug is happening" The latter posts, while usually rife with 12 year olds complaining, are generally good for the health of the game, but both types of posts make the game seem to be in much worse condition than it is actually in.

I think its a little to early to be ringing the alarms. We still have 3-4 more patches before this content update. As far as I know, they figured out the source of the not winning warzones problem.

plus, as you said, its a new game. There are gonna be bugs, and some bugs are very difficult to pin down. I don't know if you have ever done any programming, but the bugs that seem to the ignorant as easy to fix are actually incredibly difficult to pin point and find a solution for. I'm sure they will fix many of the problems in the game, and if they don't before they release the content update, i'm sure they will continue trying to fix it.

Overall, I think you being a little too alarmist. THings will be ok. If you are unhappy with the direction the game is going, stop playing.

No they havent figured out the problem for the not winning warzones like they said they have the past 2 patches. I havent done programming before. However thats why these guys are getting paid a lot of money. They do know how to do it. Something like an exploit of having 10+ players on one team in a warzone should be an alarm to them. They should stop whatever they are doing and fix that immediatly. Who really wants to face a team with 12 players on alderan? That is when you actually get that warzone.

Patch 1.2 is going to say volumes about Bioware and the direction the game is heading in. If they can pull it out which I hope they do and fix the issues that matter than more power to them. That said, they have some serious things to look at, a laundry list that needs to real cleaning.

If they fail on this patch and only create more issues, then that hopefully will be enough for people to understand what others have been trying to express. It will be March, well enough into the release to have a general feel of how the devs are doing.

Good luck Bioware..

No they havent figured out the problem for the not winning warzones like they said they have the past 2 patches. I havent done programming before. However thats why these guys are getting paid a lot of money. They do know how to do it. Something like an exploit of having 10+ players on one team in a warzone should be an alarm to them. They should stop whatever they are doing and fix that immediatly. Who really wants to face a team with 12 players on alderan? That is when you actually get that warzone.

well its obvious you've never programmed before, as you don't seem to know how game development works. There is a timeline, and a priority list. An exploit like that of course is something alarming, but they can't just drop everything and have everyone focus on that. Someone decides what priority it takes, and it gets taken care of (hopefully) in the next patch. Believe it or not, here are probably bugs that are more pertinent that are being worked on. I don't doubt that this exploit has a high priority but you need to realise

1-This exploit surfaced pretty recently (and thus, has to be taken care of in the next round of patches)

2-Finding out the source of bugs like this (with no clear cause) is difficult.

Just have some patience. Its not like Bioware is ignoring us (even though, if you believe all the complainers, it seems like they are). Like I said, if you don't like the pace at which they are fixing the game, then stop playing. But raising alarms about problems everyone is aware of and making doomsday predictions doesn't help anyone.

And have you read the patch notes on the test forums for 1.1.3. they said they have fixed the problem (like in the previous patches) but the difference is, they list the problem that seems to be the source of the bug, which is good news.

Just wondering what everybody else perspective is once 1.2 patch comes.

What I dont understand is why are they adding content to the game when the original is not even fixed yet.

Because the content creation team and the programming team are entirely separate and couldnt do each others' jobs even if they wanted to.

There are so many exploits, bugs, disconnects in this game to be worrying about adding content. This is all coming from PvP perspective as I dont do much PvE. So feel free to add content for those PVE'rs if its bug free or at least tolerable.

But I dont want to see any more Warzones if the first 3 plus Ilum are a complete joke as of now. 2 patches in a row they have claimed to have Wins actually credited to you and that is still not fixed. Disconnects right towards an end of a match so you dont get a win. Unable to click the rez button after a death so you get kicked from the warzone. Unable to get on a bike sometimes in Alderan so you get kicked for being a deserter. Allowing people to have 10+ people on your team in warzones.

Played 6 games earlier today to have 2 wins not count, 1 unable to click the rez button and 1 disconnect.

I know come 1.2 if it isnt basically flawless my time will probably end after that next patch if it isnt fixed.

Your Thought?

And yes I know this game has only been out for 2 months almost. Counting early access. But some of these bugs should have been fixed as they have been here since launch. And actually some of them have been around since early beta.

There are games (like, you know, WoW) that have had bugs for 8 years of live service that have never been fixed.

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent-they-fixed-this-bug/

Read that.

Try to understand it.

Your expectations are absurd. it can take hundreds of man hours or more to even track down the bug.. and you might not get the right one (some bugs have multiple causes - like the warzone wins not counting).

It can take hundreds of man hours to then create a fix, test it, QA it, hope it didnt screw something else up in the meantime.

The biggest part of your clueless complaining though, is as i already answered:

the content teams and the programming teams are different people. That simple.

@Darkmikesta (Not a flame, just a refferance)

I just wanted to say with the situation like the warzones not counting and it being around for a few weeks now. If the devs had the fix and just put it in with these others instead of holding back. Just putting it in, letting players actually see that they are competent and can fix issues that they are concerned with.

Right now, they are just telling people to believe in them and are not really showing anything to help players play along. This is how I know, they don't have the fix for it yet and may not even be close if the note for the fix is still not mentioned in anything before Patch 1.2...

They can easily prove me wrong in next weeks patch. That would make it a month with the bug quite prevelant. We'll do Bioware a favor here and not count the beta time.. #howsboutthat..

Edited by Opapanax

That's extremely wrong. They have fixed a huge amount of bugs so far- it's just that those bugs seem to get forgotten they even existed very quick after being fixed.

Some bugs- as said in the dev message, may be a lot more tricky to fix and take longer than others.

Also- they can't stop releasing content- that'd be the death sentence of an mmo. Not to mention, content devs are different from the devs fixing it- it's not like they can really pull the ones doing the content over to start fixing it.

Bugs are just a part of mmos- I mean, only real way to get away from it is to stop playing mmos... then again, I did take a break to play Skyrim which had awful lag and half the quests were broken so I guess even single player games are releasing bug full these days.

I definitely know quite a few bugs that have been fixed since- pvp, questing and FP bugs each. I also know some bugs that have been around for a long time- fact is, they are fixing bugs, they obviously know about them, but for whatever reason, certain bugs are worse.

well its obvious you've never programmed before, as you don't seem to know how game development works. There is a timeline, and a priority list. An exploit like that of course is something alarming, but they can't just drop everything and have everyone focus on that. Someone decides what priority it takes, and it gets taken care of (hopefully) in the next patch. Believe it or not, here are probably bugs that are more pertinent that are being worked on. I don't doubt that this exploit has a high priority but you need to realise

1-This exploit surfaced pretty recently (and thus, has to be taken care of in the next round of patches)

2-Finding out the source of bugs like this (with no clear cause) is difficult.

Just have some patience. Its not like Bioware is ignoring us (even though, if you believe all the complainers, it seems like they are). Like I said, if you don't like the pace at which they are fixing the game, then stop playing. But raising alarms about problems everyone is aware of and making doomsday predictions doesn't help anyone.

And have you read the patch notes on the test forums for 1.1.3. they said they have fixed the problem (like in the previous patches) but the difference is, they list the problem that seems to be the source of the bug, which is good news.

And you obviously never played in the beta. Because that exploit has been around since early to mid beta. And to tell me to have patience? Have you been following at all what they have been saying? To tell me they had Ilum fixed only to see it get worse. To say they have fixed Warzone getting credited TWICE in the last TWO patches would get anybody to wonder if they can do it. Once they show me they can fix a bug then maybe I will start believing it. But so far the are 0-2 for one bug that annoys the hell out of me. To play 15 minutes of huttball, to wait in que for 10 minutes to find out you get nothing out of it. Now its either you have all the time in the world to play this game so it dont matter to you as much, or you have no life outside of school and could care less because as long as your parents let you on the computer you are content. So go troll in another forum post. I asked your thoughts and your opinion on the patch, not what I said. a Simple I dont care I will still play this game and pay $15 a month for things that dont work all the time would have been good enough. I PvP. Not PvE, and when PvP is broke it frustrates me. As well as others.

And you obviously never played in the beta. Because that exploit has been around since early to mid beta. And to tell me to have patience? Have you been following at all what they have been saying? To tell me they had Ilum fixed only to see it get worse. To say they have fixed Warzone getting credited TWICE in the last TWO patches would get anybody to wonder if they can do it. Once they show me they can fix a bug then maybe I will start believing it. But so far the are 0-2 for one bug that annoys the hell out of me. To play 15 minutes of huttball, to wait in que for 10 minutes to find out you get nothing out of it. Now its either you have all the time in the world to play this game so it dont matter to you as much, or you have no life outside of school and could care less because as long as your parents let you on the computer you are content. So go troll in another forum post. I asked your thoughts and your opinion on the patch, not what I said. a Simple I dont care I will still play this game and pay $15 a month for things that dont work all the time would have been good enough. I PvP. Not PvE, and when PvP is broke it frustrates me. As well as others.

I dont care if it was around in the first day of beta. It may have taken them this long to find all the causes (as theyve already said, this one had multiple causes) and fix them.

Seems like the big one, that was b eing masked by the smaller ones, was the "first person to enter leaves" - which causes everyone to not get credit - and they just got that one fixed on the PTR.

Games.. ANY large piece of software ships with bugs. Usually lots of them.

That's extremely wrong. They have fixed a huge amount of bugs so far- it's just that those bugs seem to get forgotten they even existed very quick after being fixed.

Some bugs- as said in the dev message, may be a lot more tricky to fix and take longer than others.

Also- they can't stop releasing content- that'd be the death sentence of an mmo. Not to mention, content devs are different from the devs fixing it- it's not like they can really pull the ones doing the content over to start fixing it.

Bugs are just a part of mmos- I mean, only real way to get away from it is to stop playing mmos... then again, I did take a break to play Skyrim which had awful lag and half the quests were broken so I guess even single player games are releasing bug full these days.

I definitely know quite a few bugs that have been fixed since- pvp, questing and FP bugs each. I also know some bugs that have been around for a long time- fact is, they are fixing bugs, they obviously know about them, but for whatever reason, certain bugs are worse.

Oh I am sure they have fixed bugs. But when the whole concept of completling dailies for PvP (which I only do) ok maybe PvE once in a blue moon, are broken to the point of being unable to complete due to the bugs it annoys me. If I play 10 Warzone matches, lose 5, win 5, 2 I get disconnected, 2 I get no credit for, and it seems as of lately 4 or 5 have more players in it as attending would get anybody who wants to focus on it, a little upset and wondering if they truly can fix it or not before people start leaving.

And if this game has 1.7 million subscriber, which I just read the other day. Its going to take 4 to 5 months for this game to even break even on the cost it took to make this game, that they will lose a lot more subscribers. Which will in turn take longer for them to break even on the cost of the game. Then what are they going to do ? Say screw it, we are not making any money off the game the hell with it. Lets go onto this other game we have been working on for the past year and hope for the best.

Really hope they figure this stuff out before more people start distrusting Bioware.

lol, no need to get hostile dude. Being 0 for 2 is bad yes, but in the previous patch notes, they never mentioned the source of the bug, and this time they did, which is a good sign. I never said it was definitely going to be fixed, i simply meant that theres probably a better chance that it is fixed than previous patches.

And they are perfectly capable of fixing bugs. No one seems to mention the bugs that they have fixed.

I have no clue what makes you think I have no life, or play non stop, as I never even mentioned how much I play, or even how this bug effects me. It seems you've run out of rational things to say, so you've resorted to insulting me because i'm not simply going along with what you are saying.

If you don't like people commenting on what you said, don't post **** in a forum lmao.

I'm a battlemaster... I PVP pretty much exclusively as well. PVP not working upsets me too, as well as everyone. But unlike you, i'm willing to wait and see how good things get with the new patches. I told you to be patient because... well... your acting like an impatient child, saying "NOW NOW NOW." Do you think they aren't trying? Or do you question how competent the developers are? I want them to fix things as badly as the next guy, but I understand that fixing this stuff isn't as simple as hammering a loose nail. Sorry if you aren't actually complaining like a child, but thats what you come off as.

Like I said, if you don't like the rate at which they are fixing things, then stop playing. Or better yet, make your own game company and run it like you think it should be run. Pointing out bugs is one thing, but complaining that bugs that (unbeknownst to you, and 90% of forum goers) are incredibly difficult to pin point and fix aren't fixed yet is another thing entirely. You don't seem to realize that these bugs that seem to be prevalent can (and probably are) caused by multiple things. TO be honest, the previous two patches, they probably DID fix a glitch that is causing the warzone bug, but there was probably another cause of it, and now they are focusing on that.

But whatever bro, if you are content with crying like a girl when things dont go your way, and people don't agree with you, go ahead. I won't stop you. I was just trying to give this thread a little bit of reason and an opinion that is aware of the difficulty of fixing bugs.

As far as the exploit, I was unaware it was prevalent since beta. I have only heard about it recently, so I figured it was only recently found. That was my mistake, so I concede the point on that.

Oh I am sure they have fixed bugs. But when the whole concept of completling dailies for PvP (which I only do) ok maybe PvE once in a blue moon, are broken to the point of being unable to complete due to the bugs it annoys me. If I play 10 Warzone matches, lose 5, win 5, 2 I get disconnected, 2 I get no credit for, and it seems as of lately 4 or 5 have more players in it as attending would get anybody who wants to focus on it, a little upset and wondering if they truly can fix it or not before people start leaving.

And if this game has 1.7 million subscriber, which I just read the other day. Its going to take 4 to 5 months for this game to even break even on the cost it took to make this game, that they will lose a lot more subscribers. Which will in turn take longer for them to break even on the cost of the game. Then what are they going to do ? Say screw it, we are not making any money off the game the hell with it. Lets go onto this other game we have been working on for the past year and hope for the best.

Really hope they figure this stuff out before more people start distrusting Bioware.

2.2 million copies of the game sold at retail. Figure ~40 bucks of that actually goes to EA. 88 million on just box sales.

By most reasonable estimates the came cost a little north of 100 million for actual development costs. (this does not include things like server hardware, advertising, etc). They're already well on their way to recovering their money, and according to their investor call (that thing where investors can hear about how the company is doing, and where lying can get you a federal perjury charge) they need between 400,000-500,000 subs to be "very profitable".

Theyre doing fine. Dont delude yourself into thinking otherwise.

@Darkmikesta (Not a flame, just a refferance)

I just wanted to say with the situation like the warzones not counting and it being around for a few weeks now. If the devs had the fix and just put it in with these others instead of holding back. Just putting it in, letting players actually see that they are competent and can fix issues that they are concerned with.

Right now, they are just telling people to believe in them and are not really showing anything to help players play along. This is how I know, they don't have the fix for it yet and may not even be close if the note for the fix is still not mentioned in anything before Patch 1.2...

They can easily prove me wrong in next weeks patch. That would make it a month with the bug quite prevelant. We'll do Bioware a favor here and not count the beta time.. #howsboutthat..

I'm not sure what your point is here. Perhaps you can clarify. Are you saying that they haven't tried to fix the warzone glitch? Because the past two patches have had fixes for them (albeit fixes that didn't completely fix the problem). I don't really agree with your statement, as there have been many bugs that they have fixed. The warzone bug is (apparently) a very serious bug that has been hard to track, and most likely (as I mentioned in my previous reply) has multiple causes that they werent fully aware of.

Why would they drop a game when they have well over 1 million subs? That makes no sense at all.

If I have a business, I WANT to have 2 million customers so I can break even from what I spent to start the business in 4 months- but I end up with 1 million customers and it'll take 9 months instead (due to extra costs as well over time)- I'm still going to keep going because I'll eventually break even.

Giving up only makes sense when the game is not only not breaking even- but actually going further and further in the hole- it would take an extreme drops in subs for that to happen.

Also, some bugs affect people more often than others- I got the no WZ wins for two days a week or so ago- but never got it before or after, in hundreds of games. I know people who are BM and say it's extremely rare- most of my friends have never even had it happen, and I don't know a single person (in game) that this happens to often.

Thing is, if it happens to you alot- your first reaction will be to go to the forums to complain- well, even if this was only a common problem for 0.01% of players, a very tiny amount- that's still 1 in 10000, which with up to 2 million players, is 200 people- if you had 200 people posting every day on this forum complaining about the issue, it'd look like it was the most prominent issue in the game- even if almost nobody suffered the problem.

So saying 'everyone gets it because the forums is filled with it' isn't correct because it's taking a very skewed sample and assuming it accounts for everyone.

Think about it this way- when you go to buy shoes, or food, or games, or whatever- and you get what you wanted, you get decent service- do you go to customer feedback or ask for a manager? No, probably not. If though you get bad service or something broken or not what you wanted- it's almost a guarantee you'll complain to the manager. That's what the forum is- it's almost entirely the people who have a problem coming here to get angry about it- and it doesn't take particularly many people to fill a page with angry threads.

Sometimes, though, when you have the bad luck of being one of those people who happen to get the poor hand in bug luck- you gotta know when to fold'm and give it some time to fix up. For example- Skyrim got GOTY, so apparantly it's a good game, yet, I end up playing Skyrim and find it buggy, lags to slide show slowness, most guild quests bug out repeatedly to being unfinishable, and the game constantly crashes. For me, Skyrim was the worst game of 2011- yet, many people will defend it as the best game. From my perspective, the game was simply awful due to the bugs and lag, it became unplayable before I'd finished even half of the main quests, not even touching on all the optional stuff- I could probably, along with other people with the problem, flood the forums with talk about how it's a complete pile of rubbish (it's SP so caring for such issues isn't high in priority, and I had low expectations for the game due to the company's reputation)- would that mean Skyrim is the worst game of 2011 and should/will fail?

After this long of them claiming to have fixed some of these bugs, and seeing the randomness of things like WZ wins no counting I am going to go out on a limb and say they have no clue at all what is causing the troubles which is why they havent fixed them yet.

So in the mean time they will release new content in hopes of distracting us long enough for them to exterminate the gremlins in the closet behind the curtain.