Lord Scourge vs Darth Malgus

undeadsithdread

There's a good chance Scourge would win.

If you read the books, you would know that:

1. He feeds off negative emotions and turns it into power.

2. He's immortal.

3. He's been alive for like 300 years, tell me how he can't be strong if he's lived that long.

2. He's immortal.

3. He's been alive for like 300 years, tell me how he can't be strong if he's lived that long.

The Emperor Did it.

2. He's immortal.

both 2 and 3 were done by the emperor not on his own feats.

Edited by undeadsithdread

2. He's immortal.

His imortal but he isnt imune to lightsaber and its charms... :p

I'd have to go with Scourge since he was so good at feeding on the emotions of others to fuel his dark side power, plus Malgus failed to defeat Satele Shan on several occasions, plus he wasn't very good at sensing Jace Malcom when he attacked with a grenade.

Satele Shan wears incomprehensible amounts of plot armor. She is irrelevant.

• 2 months later...
Who dies in this game?

Malgus : Dies at the end of the False Emperor.

Scourge : Still kicking as a companion.

There you have it.

Actually if you study SW lore and his Wookieepedia page you would know he survived and fled to a currently unknown sector of the galaxy to regain his strength:wea_01:

I grudgingly would give the edge to Scourge.

Seriously though, plot armor or no, considering what Malgus survived, he's nothing to scoff at for Scourge. Still, as others said, Malgus' rage only feeds Scourge's power. Scourge also may not have been fighting any Jedi for most of those 300 years or so before the Treaty of Coruscant, so I don't know how much "experience" he might have had, say, crushing dissidents for the Emperor or something, but to overcome the constant pain from the ritual that gave him "eternal life", he must have toughened up a fair bit.

Much as I hate Scourge, he's got the edge in this one.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

in the book revan. scourge battles a sith lord, nyriss sends him to eliminate her rival on the dark council. this guy is past it and scourge struggles but wins. nyriss would have killed him if revan didn't save him. and he only killed meetra because he stabbed her in the back

in deceived. malgus beats a jedi master in the temple. and his padawan twice (i count the first battle as a win to malgus as erin gets in a speeder and leaves mid battle) then at the end of the book malgus utterly destroys lord adrass

going on the two books malgus wins, however 300 years of life is a long time to improve. so i can't call it

(hope this is clear, names might be misspelled. spell check is rubbish with starwars names :p)

Edited by grandmthethird

Lord Scourge is supposed to be more powerful than anyone of the Dark Council members 1 on 1 (as is the Sith Warrior now). As it is the job of the Wrath to put down anyone, especially Dark Council members if they get too out of line with the Emperor's wishes/plans.

Malgus acts submissive to certain Dark Council members (Darth Marr, and Bara's) which suggest he fears/respects them as they are stronger than him, as Malgus is all about honoring strenght and would not to submit to weaker Sith.

So I would say Lord Scourge is stronger than Malgus lore wise.

The reason Lord Scourge is a companion and Malgus is a 4 man boss is gameplay reasons. Really Nox and Wrath should be easily strong enough to 1 on 1 him lore wise.

K, guys, I think they would both kill each other after a long, long fight. As mentioned, Malgus would feed Scourge a tremendous amount of power. However, his hate, so powerful, and so suddenly heightened might briefly overwhelm Scourge, allowing him to do a lot of damage. But by that point, Scourge would have so much power, he would enure himself to the pain and deal just as much damage to Malgus. As they reach the height of the duel, they would both stop trying to defend themselves if they could deal more damge. As it starts to wind down, they would both end up killing each other as they abandon all pretence at defense. However, if Scourge could prepare for the sudden power boost, then there's no doubt he'd win.

Malgus would win, although Scourge feeds off the rage of his enemies, doesn't anger still make sith more powerful, so nevertheless Malgus's hatred would still fuel him. Plus when Malgus was just an apprentice he killed Kao Cen Darach and would it would be safe to assume he would have defeated Satele as well if she didn't escape. When Scourge started out it was enough trouble for him to take out factory droids.

the more i think of it the more i lean towards scrouge

the emperor must have seen something in him (more than loyalty) to make him "the emperors wrath" which is a bodyguard really. but hes the only bodyguard. the the emperor must trust in his strength

also i just think 300 years is a long time to improve your skill

unlike the "revan vs vader" or palpatine vs superman" threads, this is a battle that could happen if an author wanted to write about it. so who knows maybe one day this question maybe answered

P.S. 2 more points

A) this scourge being a companion and malgus being a boss. i think is a red herring. there is so many possible outcomes to the ending of the game depending on which character you play. nobody knows for sure which one is the correct outcome. maybe malgus dies, maybe he doesn't, maybe scourge helps a jedi knight, maybe not

2) now i'm going to start having that whitney houston song in my head every time i see scourge