Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Do you switch out the mods/enhancements on your BM gear?

CaseyMRiley

I took the tanking set because the set bonus is way, way better for my playstyle on my Guardian. Since tanking stats are mostly useless I replace the mods/enhancements with BM/champ/PvE DPS ones from select pieces that have the most appropriate combination of end/crit/str/surge. Edited by vrok-

I have on all my champion gear and will do the same with my BM gear once I get to the point that I'm buying extra gear. The base stats of the armor (without mod/enhancement) are identical for all sets.

My 31/0/10 assassin spec running in survivor set (best bonuses IMO) with crit/surge mods and enhancements from the DPS helm.

I'll be buy the stalker's set for BM gear and then slowly tailoring the mods once I start getting enough tokens for extra pieces.

If you want the best gear possible it's the only way to do it.

I have on all my champion gear and will do the same with my BM gear once I get to the point that I'm buying extra gear. The base stats of the armor (without mod/enhancement) are identical for all sets.

My 31/0/10 assassin spec running in survivor set (best bonuses IMO) with crit/surge mods and enhancements from the DPS helm.

I'll be buy the stalker's set for BM gear and then slowly tailoring the mods once I start getting enough tokens for extra pieces.

If you want the best gear possible it's the only way to do it.

And the crit/surge mods and enhancements from the DPS helm are the best mods/enhancements of it's type in the entire game?

Half the classes are screwed over with 300+ points of accuracy. A few classes that like alacrity and have access to it, have it a bit better, like sorc/sage lol.

The pvp gear drives anyone who cares about optimization crazy! The best pvp gear is a mix of pieces from pvp, and pve, with half the mods replaced from extra pieces. Add in the fact that expertise has diminishing returns and you can see how a stright BM set is NOT the best gear for pvp.

Half the classes are screwed over with 300+ points of accuracy. A few classes that like alacrity and have access to it, have it a bit better, like sorc/sage lol.

The pvp gear drives anyone who cares about optimization crazy! The best pvp gear is a mix of pieces from pvp, and pve, with half the mods replaced from extra pieces. Add in the fact that expertise has diminishing returns and you can see how a stright BM set is NOT the best gear for pvp.

Alacrity is uterlly useless for a Sage/Sorc. Its by far the worst stat you can have on your gear. I'm personally switching out all enhancement mods with the ones you can get from Columi/Champion gear with crit/surge. For the PvE set as a Sage I'd probably take the power/surge that you can remove out of Trooper/Scoundrel gear.

You basically just need to farm the hardmode flashpoints that give head/gloves a lot.. Not exactly fun, but if you want to min/max that is the way to go right now.

Shadow infiltration, swapped every single enhancement out, and some of the mods.. wish you could buy all the lvl 25 enhancements for something like 2bm commendations each, so you could costumize perfectly after hitting full BM

*Edit, people might say "you can just get the ehancement/mods from other BM stuff? well, if you point me in the direction were i get the surge/power 25 from a BM item, i would be glad :p, only way to get that atm is the commando rakata wep ><...

Edited by Jadeor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.