question about /stuck

Drchaldric

It IS an exploit. The stuck command is not there to plop you back into battle, it's there for when you get STUCK. Only a moron would not call it an exploit of the /stuck command.

But I think your real question is: "Will BW punish anyone for using it?"

Probably not. If the credit exploit went unpunished, this sure as hell won't be as it doesn't have any lasting effect nor is it used to harrass other players directly. Besides, so many people have abused it by this point. Jump on the /stuck bandwagon until they fix it.

It IS an exploit. The stuck command is not there to plop you back into battle, it's there for when you get STUCK. Only a moron would not call it an exploit of the /stuck command.

Probably not. If the credit exploit went unpunished, this sure as hell won't be as it doesn't have any lasting effect nor is it used to harrass other players directly. Besides, so many people have abused it by this point. Jump on the /stuck bandwagon until they fix it.

are you bw or are you speaking on their behalf now?

are you bw or are you speaking on their behalf now?

I have the ability to deduce the inclusion of /stuck was not intended to plop players back to battle but was in fact included to solve...getting stuck. But hey, I am wacky like that. I don't need mommy BW to explain simplistic concepts like I'm five years old. It circumvents the two rez options we have, and the places where only med center rez is meant to be available.

From the EA RoC:

It is a violation to abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game.

From the BW RoC:

17.Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

If you are NOT smart enough to conclude the usage of /stuck for pvp is a design error and unintended then something is fundementally wrong with you. People that abuse is should be disciplined...but they won't. By the same token, we should be temp banned for even discussing this...but we won't.

I have the ability to deduce the inclusion of /stuck was not intended to plop players back to battle but was in fact included to solve...getting stuck. But hey, I am wacky like that. I don't need mommy BW to explain simplistic concepts like I'm five years old. It circumvents the two rez options we have, and the places where only med center rez is meant to be available.

From the EA RoC:

It is a violation to abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game.

From the BW RoC:

17.Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

If you are NOT smart enough to conclude the usage of /stuck for pvp is a design error and unintended then something is fundementally wrong with you. People that abuse is should be disciplined...but they won't. By the same token, we should be temp banned for even discussing this...but we won't.

and where there does it state that this is a bug? when you assume...

and where there does it state that this is a bug? when you assume...

There is something fundementally wrong with you. No intelligent discussion can be had when that is your reply.

So for you and you alone:

"Yes, they included /stuck so that on a Med Center Rez you could console command yourself to the location you died. It is in FACT an intended feature, not a bug. The only reason we have two rez options and disable one in certain locations was actually just for 'lulz'."

You are a smart cookie :rolleyes:

Edited by Pulpp

There is something fundementally wrong with you. No intelligent discussion can be had when that is your reply.

So for you and you alone:

"Yes, they included /stuck so that on a Med Center Rez you could console command yourself to the location you died. It is in FACT a feature, not a bug. The only reason we have two rez options and disable one in certain locations was actually just for 'lulz'"

You are a smart cookie :rolleyes:

lol you are the one using assumptions as facts. you can insult me all you want but in the end bw are the only people who decide what is intended and what is an exploit and as high as your horse is its not high enough to circumvent them

lol you are the one using assumptions as facts. you can insult me all you want but in the end bw are the only people who decide what is intended and what is an exploit and as high as your horse is its not high enough to circumvent them

Whatever you want to tell yourself, swift. :rolleyes:

The labelling of an exploit or not by BW is irrelevant, they aren't going to do anything to enforce not abusing it. So Bioware has zero motivation to say anything. WHEN they fix it (and they will), that will make it clear it was unintended but this thread won't be around and you will have long since scurried away.

So this is all meaningless. However, feel free to entertain me by trying to logically support to position that usage of /stuck command in this way is intended. Make a real, albeit stupid arguement instead of just crutching on "well if Bioware doesn't spell it out for morons, how will we ever know what an exploit is!!".

Edited by Pulpp

just wondering if using /stuck after dying on Ilum to get back to where you perviously were was an exploit or not. I've heard people saying to use it to get back to where you died but it sounds rather exploitish so i was just wondering if anyone knew.

Here I will make it easy.

If you are not 'STUCK' and you use the /STUCK command to move, you are exploiting a mechanic of the game, period. How hard is that to figure out?

Here I will make it easy.

If you are not 'STUCK' and you use the /STUCK command to move, you are exploiting a mechanic of the game, period. How hard is that to figure out?

Ah, but you are forgetting, if you rearrange the letters in STUCK, you get TUCKS....as in Tucks Medicated Pads...Medicated as in Medcenter. So as you can clearly see, Bioware intended the console command to be used after a Medcenter rez. The signs are all there. You people are blind if you can't see that.

Until BW says differently, it's a feature.

*covers ears*

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Edited by Pulpp

just wondering if using /stuck after dying on Ilum to get back to where you perviously were was an exploit or not. I've heard people saying to use it to get back to where you died but it sounds rather exploitish so i was just wondering if anyone knew.
Lol, of course it is an exploit. You REALLY need someone to tell you that?? :D

The question you are looking for might be; "Will you get punished for exploiting this bug?"

My answer to that is "probably not, but personally I don't think the risk is worth the reward"

Just because you CAN exploit a bug does not mean you HAVE to do it.

The guy has a point. The way BW thinks is not rational, logical or sensible. Huttball pulls anyone? Illum kill trading, etc.

Huttball pulls to the start area was an exploit. Everyone knew it. Eventually Bioware had to patch it because people kept doing it. Same with Ilum kill trading. Everyone know its not the "inteded way" to play the game. They are still exploiting it. Eventually Bioware have are forced to put man hours to fix it (hours that instead could have been used for new content or other cool features).

Yes of course this is an exploit. And of course BW will be forced to patch it, eventually (at least if enough people start to abuse it).

I'm guessing you've never gotten the +10 datacron.

It takes 30 seconds to post "This is an exploit, do not use it or you will be punished" and 4/5 people doing it would stop doing it but based on BW's policies to date I have a feeling it falls under the "meh, its not a big deal" category. In which case, of course I'm going to use it.