Dark Side Alignment Crystal in Light Side Saber?

bkpiazza

if your light side wont you be stopped from equiping it to the weapon ?. but who knows it might be like crossing the streams you put it in and a big screen comes up and says game over you killed your universe the force imploded. Edited by Shingara

if your light side wont you be stopped from equiping it to the weapon ?

Yes, you can't put dark side crystals in any weapon when you're light side.

I tried to put a green crystal in my companion's weapon when I was still dark side, and it wouldn't let me.

Edited by Grotpar

damn i really want a red crystal....i found one lightside lightsaber with a red crystal with no alignment requirements but its offhand and im a guardian :(

there are red crystals without alignment, they might only be low lvl but i did have reds im my duel sabers when i was still grey and low end.

thats amazing even the ones that say must be rank x of dark or light.

I've never encountered those, but that wasn't the point.

I was talking about colors, I can switch my lightsaber color to red, green or blue at will, if I have one. Which is the important part, considering that color crystals provide negligible stats, using an "ordinary" one is virtually no different from using a special alignment exclusive one.

Edited by Grotpar

Only way you are going to get a lightsaber of the opposite alignment is through raid drops I think.

I got a red cystal "Temptation" and I'm light aligned. I can equip the sword, but the crystal says restricted. Might be a bug, I don't care I like my red sword

• 2 weeks later...
Just purchased a red bladed saber yesterday on Belsavis. Thought it was a bug but the sabers title is Vindicator or Valorous so sounds light oriented. For the same amount of Belsavis commendations I can get an identical saber in blue. From the weapon commendation vendor at the first republic base near Belsavis start area. Im a level 45 Jedi Sentinel with light 3.

I could be wrong but im pretty sure the crystal has alignment restrictions once removed from the weapon...can anyone c/d?

I am able to confirm that once a crystal that has an alignment is removed from a weapon,

it is indeed restricted for use in further weapons if one is of the opposite alignment. I had

a Power attribute red crystal in an older item that I wished to use in place of a Crit crystal

in a newer weapon, but when removed, I could no longer use it due to the restriction.

As a Sith of the Light Side, the red lightsabers that I could use came as rewards from Class story quests.

I can also confirm that once an opposite side crystal is removed, it can no longer be used. I had gotten a dbl-blade saber from EV called 'Last Bastion', I think. Had a Red +31 Endurance crystal in it. Crystal was forbidden to Light I and above. I could use the saber as looted, however, any damage I did seemed greatly reduced. Once I removed the crystal and placed the orange crystal I had in my other saber, damage seemed normal again. Btw, I'm Light V.

Peace, :cool:

F'lar

Edited by Flar