Anyone Excited about 1.2?

cdstephen

Im not so much excited at the new content and stuff as I am for the improvements to existing features, like UI modifications and things of that nature.

IMO the game launched in a very barebones state for a modern mmo and I am more excited to see the additions we will be getting to the current system.

Oh and finally legacy :D

NO, I'M SORRY GUIZ, BUT UNTIL THEY IMPLEMENT TAURENS, OGRES, AND UNDEAD AS PLAYABLE RACES, UNTIL THEY ADD CROSS SERVER PVP, UNTIL THEY ADD 24 PEOPLE RAIDS, UNTIL THEY ADD CROSS SERVER LFG, UNTIL THEY ADD JUSTICE POINT AND VALOR POINT TOKENS DROPS, UNTIL THEY ADD A LFR FEATURE, UNTIL THEY ADD DUAL SPEC, UNTIL THEY ADD ACHIEVEMENT TITLES, UNTIL THEY ADD CUSTOM UI'S, UNTIL THEY ADD CHARACTER AND SERVER TRANSFERS, UNTIL THEY CHANGE THE SKINS TO WOW, I WILL NEVER BE HAPPY WITH THIS GAME! IN FACT, I HATE THIS GAME, BUT I WILL CONTINUE TO PLAY BECAUSE MY MOMMY TOLD ME TO AS PUNISHMENT

/end sarcasm

I'd be real excited if this had launched with the game on December 20th like it damn-well should have, instead of rushing it and making us pay for 3-4 months of service before we get the completed product.

Everything they list in 1.2, from UI to guild perks, should have been in at launch and you all know it. They do to, I'll bet you, which is why I expect to see lots of PR touting this new Vonderfix.

Personally, I went from hyped to jaded to angry to uncaring all way too fast. There's simply too many other games that deserve my money to continue to support slipshod management such as this.

So TL : DR no, I am not excited. In fact, I might be more 'umadbro' than usual if that is possible.

Edited by Maniacal

Let's see - EV and KP still both have major bugs at all levels of difficulty, the bugs are so sever that even resetting the instance will not allow you to complete, thus having to wait until t he following week to finish. Most of the flashpoints in hardmode still have bugs which can cause the instance to have to be reset or not being able to be completed.

The game still does NOT HAVE ANY MEMORY MANAGEMENT TOOL TO HELP PREVENT CHEATING AND HACKING.

So, no.. I think adding new content to an already problematic and broken game is utterly stupid.

KP bugs? Surely man you must be joking. We clear it every week on nm and have not ran into a single bug in weeks.

Looks like it'll be a great update, yes.

And no, all of that stuff did not need to be in the released game. It's all non-essential stuff IMO, just quality-of-life and nice-to-have stuff. And I'm much happier to be playing the game now as it is than if I had to wait several more months for the game to be released.

I'd be real excited if this had launched with the game on December 20th like it damn-well should have, instead of rushing it and making us pay for 3-4 months of service before we get the completed product.

Everything they list in 1.2, from UI to guild perks, should have been in at launch and you all know it. They do to, I'll bet you, which is why I expect to see lots of PR touting this new Vonderfix.

Personally, I went from hyped to jaded to angry to uncaring all way too fast. There's simply too many other games that deserve my money to continue to support slipshod management such as this.

So TL : DR no, I am not excited. In fact, I might be more 'umadbro' than usual if that is possible.

Some people are never happy, what is it about todays peeps that make them so ungrateful. seriously for all the stuff we HAVE in the game all they want is more more more right now or yesterday instead of in the game when ready and not rushed.

Bioware has a lot to learn so I am not mad at all. Frustrated at times but I'd give it a year before I actually get mad. I still remember not ever being able to play in WoW on any patch day. They have a lot to learn and moving in the right direction.

"You can't compare wow to swtor!!" Why can't I? Both same type of game and easily used for comparison. I have faith.

ahh the wonderful world of forums, "QQ not enough end game content ""so dev adds more content "QQ why are you adding content when current is broken".. "OMG UI sucks!""so dev adds customization "QQ why are wasting time on THAT!""so etc. etc. etc.

i for one am very excited for 1.2 but bracing myself for potential problems and thousands upon thousands of forum whines once it hits