MFW I started to look Rakata gear

Aikinoodles

.. and this is about dps mercenary and I suppose other classes are concerned : This

Seriously ? Is that some kind of hidden nerf to all classes when players reach above the columi gear ? Why would I need something like 106% or more of ranged and even more tech accuracy ? Does this apply some kind of voodoo magic to the boss when I go far beyond his abilty to dodge or me to aim ? Are my blaster shots able to disassemble the very cellular structure of anything it touches THEN and ONLY THEN .. burn them ? Are my missiles going to travel through time and space, find my target's home, wait for the kid version of him to see the ice cream truck passing by and blow it up to leave a permanent scar in his mind ?

I don't buy it. At all.

We don't have any DPSmeter but the numbers I see (which are pretty much great), the shots I never see missing even a bit below 100% ranged accuracy (well, the offhand does miss but only when I use unload / normal shots and when they hit, it's for a very short amout of damage compared to the main hand) so why would I need a freaking mountain of accuracy ON EVERY PIECE OF THE LAST TIER GEAR !?

But ! To be honest, I modified the T2 gear for more power, surge and about 30% of crit chance (unbuffed) and the stuff I have now is great ! The problem is ... I'll have to harvest (and have a lot of luck) the NM raids for this :

- http://www.torhead.com/item/dyXw8Xh/advanced-adept-enhancement-25

- http://www.torhead.com/item/52nA1fB/advanced-battle-enhancement-25

Well, Accuracy is good for PVP since the players do sometimes have a lot of avoidance and it's kinda nice to have some for tanks carrying the ball around. But this concerns Rakata and not BM (which is full of accuracy as well).

So, why ? :(

Edited by Aikinoodles

Anything past 100% Accuracy turns into armor pen so your shots will begin to hit harder for every bit of accuracy you go past the 100% mark. Look at the tool tip, there is an accuracy for Special and White Attacks, and then it will say what i have posted above, So its not a secret nerf, its more of a buff i guess.

Anything past 100% Accuracy turns into armor pen so your shots will begin to hit harder for every bit of accuracy you go past the 100% mark. Look at the tool tip, there is an accuracy for Special and White Attacks, and then it will say what i have posted above, So its not a secret nerf, its more of a buff i guess.

Accuracy above the cap reduces the target's Defense chance, not Armor. They are different. World Bosses have 5% defense, Ops bosses have 10% Defense chance.

It's like they totally forgot about our 6% accuracy talent when designing the Tier gear. All of it has waaaay too much.

Edited by Snagulus

Tool tips are your friend, I don't undestand why people turn them off.

And it's defense bypass, not armor bypass... so basically their chance of dodging starts getting decreased... and that's never bad.

It is only white damage that is effected by accuracy so it helps but it isn't huge. Helps with unload and rail shot but not a whole lot else but that still accounts for a good portion of damage.

I am sitting at like half rakata and half columi gear and my stats are 103% accuracy 35% crit 84% surge and a fair amount of aim/power

Also if you have such a problem with the rakata mod stats just pull out other ones from gear you do like such as champion or just higher lvl generic stuff.

It is only white damage that is effected by accuracy so it helps but it isn't huge. Helps with unload and rail shot but not a whole lot else but that still accounts for a good portion of damage.

Not true. All skills are affected by Accuracy. All special attacks start at 100%. The reason your Tech/Ranged accuracy sections appear different is because Ranged is listing your basic(Rapid Shots only) Accuracy first.

Well, Accuracy is good for PVP since the players do sometimes have a lot of avoidance and it's kinda nice to have some for tanks carrying the ball around. But this concerns Rakata and not BM (which is full of accuracy as well).

You're horribly misinformed. Accuracy is a useless stat in PvP; the only piece of gear you should have it on is the earpiece due to bad itemization and no (PVP) alternatives.

Edited by Jodou

You're horribly misinformed. Accuracy is a useless stat in PvP; the only piece of gear you should have it on is the earpiece due to bad itemization and no (PVP) alternatives.

Why ? Since accuracy avoids missing shots from tech and ranged attacks and lowers the target's defense, since the defense stat is 5% min on all players, I don't understand why you say this is an useless stat.

Don't forget this : naked (or with a 0 accuracy gear) and w/o any talent from the pyro tree, we have 90% accuracy on ranged and 100% on tech attacks. It means you can miss at least 5% of the tech attacks and 15% of ranged attacks. Doesn't seem totally useless to me.

Acording to a few people on the pvp boards the enherant +defense some classes have allow deflections of shots and those same people are aspounding that +accuracy solves that.

are they misinformed or are you?

i am sure you will say that they are, but nobody has any proof

Acording to a few people on the pvp boards the enherant +defense some classes have allow deflections of shots and those same people are aspounding that +accuracy solves that.

are they misinformed or are you?

i am sure you will say that they are, but nobody has any proof

The problem with accuracy is that it affects very few abilities in our arsenal (pun intended) and even less of the population wastes enhancement slots on defense given this. If you want to lose damage on your hardest hitting abilities (Tracer/HSM/DFA), then by all means run with bad mods. I challenge anyone to run with 0 accuracy and tell me how their damage from the extra surge/power has suffered from deflections.

It won't happen.

The problem with accuracy is that it affects very few abilities in our arsenal (pun intended) and even less of the population wastes enhancement slots on defense given this. If you want to lose damage on your hardest hitting abilities (Tracer/HSM/DFA), then by all means run with bad mods. I challenge anyone to run with 0 accuracy and tell me how their damage from the extra surge/power has suffered from deflections.

It won't happen.

firstly it CANT happen, this is all just "gut feels" we have no combat log for data collection.

secondly our biggest hitter single target is Unload which you do not mention, probably because it is affected by accuracy. HSM may beat it out once and a while, but for bread and butter biggest hitter it is unload which can hit for up to 7.5k easy if all three procs crit (not even counting the offhand ticks there fyi).. that is very rare i will grant you that, 1 crit is very common, 2 is sometimes, once in a great while it just pummels someone.

do i think accuracy in pvp matters? not a major priority for me, i am just passing on what i read to help people make informed decisions.

It won't happen.

ALL special attacks, which is everything but Rapid Shots, has a base 100% accuracy. This includes "white damage" from Unload, Rail Shot, and Sweeping Blasters.

Most classes have 5% defense chance base. Running with absolutely no Accuracy from any source will cause you to miss 5% of ALL your special attacks on average, not counting OH attacks. Mercenaries get 3% accuracy from Advanced Targeting in the Pyrotech tree. You'll need an additional 2% to hit the 105% cap.

If someday you play another class/spec that doesn't have enough accuracy from talents, getting to 105% accuracy for PVP is the best value per rating point in terms of overall damage done.

Edit: Removed me being an ***. Corrected some information. Sorry.

Edited by Snagulus

ALL special attacks, which is everything but Rapid Shots, has a base 100% accuracy. This includes "white damage" from Unload, Rail Shot, and Sweeping Blasters.

Well um.. so why the "white damage" you refer to is classified as RANGED (sweeping, railshot, unload, rapid) and not TECH (missiles and stuff) and so, btw, we have a ranged accuracy AND tech accuracy ?

I keep reading this thread and hoping that somebody else will come along that has read the character sheet fully. I'm just going to keep this simple:

Most classes have 5% defense chance base. Running with absolutely no Accuracy from any source will cause you to miss 5% of ALL your special attacks on average, not counting OH attacks. Now, Mercenaries have this fantastic talent that provides 2% accuracy per point. If you have 3 points in this talent, you do not need any accuracy on your gear to PVP.

If someday you play another class/spec that doesn't have enough accuracy from talents, getting to 105% accuracy for PVP is the best value per rating point in terms of overall damage done.

might want to actually READ the talent trees you are discussing before berating someone else. Bodyguard has a talent that increases ranged and tech CRIT by 2% per talent for a total of 6% crit. Pyro has a talent that increases range and tech ACCURACY by 1% per talent for a total of 3% accuracy.

might want to actually READ the talent trees you are discussing before berating someone else. Bodyguard has a talent that increases ranged and tech CRIT by 2% per talent for a total of 6% crit. Pyro has a talent that increases range and tech ACCURACY by 1% per talent for a total of 3% accuracy.

Well, now I feel like a *******. A blind *******. I stand corrected, and you need 2% accuracy from gear to reach 105%.

That aside,

Well um.. so why the "white damage" you refer to is classified as RANGED (sweeping, railshot, unload, rapid) and not TECH (missiles and stuff) and so, btw, we have a ranged accuracy AND tech accuracy ?

That question is a little broken as far as english goes, so if my answer isn't what you're looking for I'm sorry.

We do have a "Ranged" and "Tech" accuracy, but all special attacks have a 100% base chance to hit, and accuracy rating affects both equally. Rapid shots is not a special attack, and uses 90% as its base MH accuracy. OH attacks also incur some penalties, but they do incredibly low damage. It doesn't really matter too much if OH attacks miss.

The way the character log is laid out does make it fairly confusing, I just snapped a little bit because of all the blanket statements that get thrown around on the forums. Also, when I get frustrated, I apparently hallucinate new numbers on talents and end up being a bit off the mark.

Edited by Snagulus