Is carnage as good as it looks?

crimsonraid

Greetings. I am in the middle of levelling a marauder. I'm curious if any BM-geared marauders can give me some info about how Carnage performs in the 50 bracket. Glancing over the talents, the 100% armor pen. looks like enough reason to roll the spec.

I certainly don't have access to the full skillset (still lvl30) to playtest myself. Should I stick with annihilation (predation/camo talents are ridiculous) when I hit 50 or switch to carnage?

tl;dr

Is carnage effective at 50 with bm/champ lvl gear?

I have no interest in rage... at all. Please don't bring it up

Edited by crimsonraid

Greetings. I am in the middle of levelling a marauder. I'm curious if any BM-geared marauders can give me some info about how Carnage performs in the 50 bracket. Glancing over the talents, the 100% armor pen. looks like enough reason to roll the spec.

I certainly don't have access to the full skillset (still lvl30) to playtest myself. Should I stick with annihilation (predation/camo talents are ridiculous) when I hit 50 or switch to carnage?

tl;dr

Is carnage effective at 50 with bm/champ lvl gear?

I have no interest in rage... at all. Please don't bring it up

Carnage is effective, just not as effective as it can be.

Stay annhilation till you at least hit 40-41. Carnage is challenging until you get Massacre.

Gore is great...but its only 6 seconds long. 1 stun, 1 knockback, and that 3 rage damage increase is wasted.

Carnage is the gorgeous chick you meet at the bar that looks like a bag of **** the next morning. Least effective spec we have.

Curious why they touched annihilation first and left carnage dragging behind.

Edited by Kricys

Because they have a priority for changes, and "buffing trees to be up to par" is down on their list atm.

Higher BW priorities:

1. Nerfed **** people really really couldn't handle (Op/Scoundrel lulz).

2. Nerfed hybrid builds because they go against a fundamental design goal.

3. Fix explicit bugs (Annihilation / Watchman).

Because they have a priority for changes, and "buffing trees to be up to par" is down on their list atm.

Higher BW priorities:

1. Nerfed **** people really really couldn't handle (Op/Scoundrel lulz).

2. Nerfed hybrid builds because they go against a fundamental design goal.

3. Fix explicit bugs (Annihilation / Watchman).

But they don't fix the Ataru proc range bug D:

I got time. I don't want them to rush that fix on the off chance they completely destroy the tree I like playing the most.

The problem is that the bug affects so many bosses - specifically those in KP - that it's nearly unplayable in end-game. Max-melee range is your friend.

The problem is that the bug affects so many bosses - specifically those in KP - that it's nearly unplayable in end-game. Max-melee range is your friend.

Maybe they'll give us a chubby Jawa pet with a megaphone to yell "Row" in sync with our GCD...

I love the way Carnage plays, but the dps is sub-optimal. The snares are nice in PvP, but Gore is mostly useless against opponents that know what they're doing. In PvE, the Atura proc bug is a big hit, so hopefully they will fix that soon. Even then, however, I think this set will continue to pale in comparison.