The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jedi Shadow hitting me for 50% of hp every single hit?

Herpiederp

One of if not weakest classes in-game OP.

Ah no, most balanced class as far as I can see, good players play assassin/shadow and they can handle nearly anyone on the server, I know a couple assassin and shadow like that.

Edited by Sookster

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah no, most balanced class as far as I can see, good players play assassin/shadow and they can handle nearly anyone on the server, I know a couple assassin and shadow like that.

Maybe just a touch underpowered, but not bad at all. Not Gunslinger weak or Sorc OP.

If they adjusted some of the outlier classes a bit to be closer to where the shadow is I think the game would be in a good place.

I was giving this topic some thought over lunch, and I think I know the problem (apart from the obvious L2P issue): Project delay.

When you hit your project button, there is a delay that spans almost a full GCD before the damage actually registers. Most Inf Shadows will hit Project immediately followed by Force Breach, the damage for both abilities will go off at about the same time. Each ability when fully geared, fully buffed, and with CDs burned can crit for about 4k to 5k. Easy to see how some can mistake this for being taken down to 50% in a single hit.

As to the 'every single hit' ...no. This burst requires 2x CS to setup, and that doesn't hit very hard at all. Project is on a 6 sec CD and Force Breach is on a 12 sec CD with talents.

It's funny and insulting how arrogant everyone is here. You talk to everyone as everyone sucks and you are the only intelligent beings in the game.

I am known on the server that I'm one of the hardest to kill and one of the best in pvp. No one has ever beaten me in a duel since 50, and everyone on the server now knows it. The only time I'm ever killed in a WZ is when it's 2 or 3 vs 1 and I'm stun locked, and even then I usually survive a 3v1 somehow.

So, take you condescending bs and screw off. I'm not some tunnel-vision moron that is unaware of my surroundings. I usually win 2v1s because I'm more than fast enough to switch between targets to interrupt heals, etc.

To answer your question, yes, I was aware of everyone around me. Only he was hitting me.

Heh..

This can't possibly be balanced.

Yes, Sorcs are strong, but they take time to kill their opponents. There is a Shadow on my server that literally hits me for 1/3 to 1/2 of my hp every single melee swing.

How the HELL is this balanced??

Everyone on the server is complaining. Some people were even saying he might be hacking because he hits everyone for obscene amounts. I obviously don't believe that. The class is just way, way too strong.

I have 14.6k hp and 629 expertise. He is hitting me for 5-6k each hit. I survive 3-4 seconds against him, tops.

Is this the new "balanced"?

Are you from my server? :3. I tend to do this alot.