Kolto Pack and Upper Hand

Fez_Starstrider

Are there any planned changes for kolto pack to consume an upper hand at the beginning of the ability rather than after the ability finishes casting? I don't know how many times I've been casting just to lose my upper hand at the last moment before the ability hits, thus wasting time when I could have used something else in it's place.

Sure, you could say I could just hit emergency med pack or even just throw another underworld medicine. But as rarely as I even use the ability, the times I actually have found a need to cast it the above happens more often than not.

Am I the only one having an issue with kolto pack, or do sawbones just avoid the ability all together in favor of emergency med pack and underworld medicine?

Personally I just use Emergency Med-Pack as soon as I've got it, though the way my talents are laid out, Upper Hand has proc'ed from my abilities so often (usually due to SRMP and Medpack Mastery) that I never encountered this problem even before I got EMP.

Every Sawbones build I've seen seems geared to generating the 2 stacks of Upper Hand as quickly and constantly as possible through the use of talents and strategies for when to activate Upper Hand-granting abilities.

It seems logical that it should consume Upper Hand when you activate it, rather than when it's finished casting though.

Edited by griffalo

kolto pack is for scrappers who need to get heal off. While I do agree that Upper hand should be consumed as soon as you activate it, as a sawbones you shouldn't be using kolto pack after you get emergency medpack

Not true. UWM -> KP is your highest throughput healing rotation. There's times (maybe a boss enraged) that you just need raw HPS, energy-be-damned.

That said, KP is certainly the least often used heal we have.

Edited by Azaranth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.