Deny it if you will, but you'll watch EPI in 3D

FSUskygod

If Box Office Mojo is right, then it looks like we can rekindle our faith in humanity, as TPM has grossed a whopping $21M so far, putting it behind the critically urinated-upon chick flick The Vow.

Hey George: when your attempt to milk more cash is losing to a lousy romance film, maybe you should take it as a sign to pack it in, hmm?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Box Office Mojo is right, then it looks like we can rekindle our faith in humanity, as TPM has grossed a whopping $21M so far, putting it behind the critically urinated-upon chick flick The Vow.

Hey George: when your attempt to milk more cash is losing to a lousy romance film, maybe you should take it as a sign to pack it in, hmm?

This made my night.

You think 21 million for an opening weekend on a rerelease is bad? I would say that is actually quite a huge success. (and I didn't like EP1)

I won't be watching the movie. Yep... that's right, I'm denying it. Despite your claim, I only watched the first movies once. I regret even giving them that much time. They were awful. Truly, unabashedly, awful. Worst script-writing and dialogue I have ever seen in my life. **** dialogue is more well-done, and better acted.

I also don't give a crap about 3D. So no, I will not be watching this crap pile of a movie in 3D... or any other format for that matter.

You think 21 million for an opening weekend on a rerelease is bad? I would say that is actually quite a huge success. (and I didn't like EP1)

By today's standards, $21M is mediocre at best. Watch box office numbers during the time when blockbusters come out (summer) if you want an idea of what constitutes a great opening weekend.

By today's standards, $21M is mediocre at best. Watch box office numbers during the time when blockbusters come out (summer) if you want an idea of what constitutes a great opening weekend.

Your statement doesn't take into account the number of screens a film is shown on.

I was not aware that there was a Real and Fake 3d.

My 3ds does 3d, as well as my 52' television, and when I go to movies, they are in 3d as well and you know what? They ALL look the same so....what are you talking about if i may ask.

He's probably referring to films made specifically with 3D technology, like Avatar, as opposed to films that were converted to 3D in order to take advantage of the surcharge that theaters gouge out of customers.

Why on earth would anyone have expected it to make blockbuster level money? It's a 13 year old film. It's already made it's budget back in spades. So a mediocre showing 13 years after it's release isn't that bad.

Now, what I'd like to know is how much it cost them to do the 3D conversion on it, and then stack that against the gross and see how much of this is actually profit, or if they lost money.

As a long time SW fan, reading the cannon, watching all of the movies repeatedly and playing this game and even SWG prior - I think you will watch the movie regardless.

I agree that there are parts of EPI that annoy and demean the vision of the universe we envision. But the prequels were still entertaining and gave some visual reinforcement to what we imagined. Many think that what was created and delivered to us may have been presented in a better light, but it is what it is, to see Maul battling in 3D will be amazing.

The only thing that I really dislike is how Lucas decided to bastardize the Mandorlian lore. The Republic Commando series was by far the most intriguing and entertaining literature thus far. Excited to watch the movies in 3D, even if I wish we'd see additional storyline on the bigscreen and not in animation.

Erm...No I won't...I hate 3D.

Unfortunately, I won't be watching in 3D. I did try seeing if theaters were offering a 2D option, as I'd go and see it if they were. I'd like to see it on the big screen again, and take my son to see it also.

I wear glasses, and while my eyes are just fine with the glasses, when I put on the 3D glasses, I see double and end up coming out with a headache.

While I agree the Eps aren't nearly as good as the OT, I haven't missed an opening weekend for any of the releases dating back to when I was 5 and my parents took me to see A New Hope (yes I'm THAT old!). Anyway, going in with my expectations lowered significantly, I actually found it to be enjoyable. I also found it to be more geared to the group of kids behind me.

That being said, I have a very fond place in my heart for the final fight between Qui Gon, Obi Wan, and Darth Maul and I must say, it looked pretty darned good in 3D. Of course, all of Obi Wan's scenes looked pretty good in 3D. :p

Baby Vader and the most annoying and bad idea ever created Jar Jar is the only reason I wont watch that movie twice. If they replace the actor playing Anakin with any other child actor that can even remotely act.. and somehow edit out Jar Jar then id consider it.