Deny it if you will, but you'll watch EPI in 3D

FSUskygod

As a long time SW fan, reading the cannon, watching all of the movies repeatedly and playing this game and even SWG prior - I think you will watch the movie regardless.

I agree that there are parts of EPI that annoy and demean the vision of the universe we envision. But the prequels were still entertaining and gave some visual reinforcement to what we imagined. Many think that what was created and delivered to us may have been presented in a better light, but it is what it is, to see Maul battling in 3D will be amazing.

The only thing that I really dislike is how Lucas decided to bastardize the Mandorlian lore. The Republic Commando series was by far the most intriguing and entertaining literature thus far. Excited to watch the movies in 3D, even if I wish we'd see additional storyline on the bigscreen and not in animation.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruined? Ruined is usually meant for bad things.

I said ruined because I've both read the commando books and watched the clone wars series. I enjoyed the books more. Not to say the series was bad, it was just another case of George showing no consideration about previous productions in the franchise when he makes something. Its not even like he ignored it just because he didn't make it, he had plenty of inconsistencies between the prequels and the original trilogy. He's just a freaking careless writer/director to whom meaningful revision and proofreading are insults of the highest order.

Why the hell would you willingly pay money to see TPM again. You did see it the first time right? You know how horrible it is going to be? You know the version in the theatres on Friday isn't the Rifftrax version right?

Headed out to see it in about 4 hours. Kids are getting the tickets now as I'm still at work.

Going with my 23 year old daughter (and the boyfriend) who wore a jar jar costume the halloween following it's release when she was 9 or 10.

We know the movies aren't perfect, but they're fun and we have fond memories from watching it the first time around when we were all younger.

Edited by TapVallian

I said ruined because I've both read the commando books and watched the clone wars series. I enjoyed the books more. Not to say the series was bad, it was just another case of George showing no consideration about previous productions in the franchise when he makes something. Its not even like he ignored it just because he didn't make it, he had plenty of inconsistencies between the prequels and the original trilogy. He's just a freaking careless writer/director to whom meaningful revision and proofreading are insults of the highest order.

The commando books are terrible.

And saying that TCW is another case of George showing no consideration for the EU tells me right away you did not watch any of the shows except 1 or 2.

IMO TCW proves that George acknowledges the EU.

The Commando series is finished because Karen Traviss had a temper tantrum over exceedingly minor differences between her books and TCW. Which--as is the case with all Star Wars EU material--has been resolved by subsequent works. The result being that she flipped her lid over nothing at all, and left her Star Wars fans in the lurch because she was too impatient and self-important to concern herself with how the SW EU actually functions.

Good riddance, and don't come crawling back.

As to the original topic--no. I have no plans to see Episode I 3D. For that matter, I have no plans to see any of the 3D re-releases. 3D is a gimmick that worked out even poorer in 2008-2010 than it did in the 80s. The films weren't made for it, they won't benefit for it because they weren't made with it in demand; it's a pretty blatant cash-grab for yet another pointless re-release.

No thank you.

Edited by DigiFluid

Why the hell would you willingly pay money to see TPM again. You did see it the first time right? You know how horrible it is going to be? You know the version in the theatres on Friday isn't the Rifftrax version right?

This^ Geez, you glutton for punishment.

I like SWs, but TBH I will not watch the prequels in 3D. I felt all the prequels were lackluster. Actually, I felt the cinematics for SWTOR were far more entertaining and engaging than all of the prequels combined. Edited by Sizzurps

The 3D was barley noticeable in most parts as expected but it was fun, it definitely wasn't the best but I still found it enjoyable and because I wasn't born till the late 80s I will be going to see 4-6 in this 3D crap so I can see them on a movie-theatre screen :p