So Devs found out why WZ wins were not counting.

Acyu

General

Fixed an issue causing players to not receive Warzone Win mission credit upon winning a Warzone match when the first player to enter the zone leaves the zone before the match concludes.

I wonder if that was the cause, or even the "sole" cause of wins not counting.

I hope it is, and I hope this issue is not dragged on for another patch after 1.1.3.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is most likely not the case as this happens in premades all the time from what I understand. Highly doubt a lot of those guys leave, and they tend to enter as soon as it's up so they are more often than not the first players to enter.

I wonder if that was the cause, or even the "sole" cause of wins not counting.

I hope it is, and I hope this issue is not dragged on for another patch after 1.1.3.

If that was the sole case, then it's odd how some people have no had their WZ wins count like 3-5 times (or more) in a row. Surely you can't expect all those WZ's that the First person always dropped out.

Unless, it suggests that if it happens the first time, you need to drop the quest and pick it up again to reset it?

Anyway, it is a little curious.

That is most likely not the case as this happens in premades all the time from what I understand. Highly doubt a lot of those guys leave, and they tend to enter as soon as it's up so they are more often than not the first players to enter.

anecdotal at best.

Well you wouldn't know who entered the game first. There is no telling if that first person is even on your team. May be from the other team, and as soon as the premade scored in the first 20 seconds and dominated the game, that random person from the other team that joined first probably rage quit.

I am being optimistic here, of course.

Edited by Acyu

log·ic

noun

1. the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference.

Your observations lack it.

Then prove me wrong instead of whining.

There. Disprove my logic reasoning.

Edited by Crowleyz

Then prove me wrong instead of whining.

You haven't provided any evidence whatsoever to prove incorrect. You have provided an observation and stated that it proves a point. It doesn't.

"That is most likely not the case as this happens in premades all the time from what I understand."

Firstly, "most likely" isn't a deceleration of fact to begin with. So your own wording insinuates your own lack of conviction.

"Highly doubt a lot of those guys leave, and they tend to enter as soon as it's up so they are more often than not the first players to enter."

A fair amount of premade groups will confirm everyone got the queue before entering, which instantly negates your argument. But for the sake of discussion lets assume that at least someone in the group clicks enter as soon as it pops. This in and of itself means nothing. We have no idea if the game records the first player based on the queue pop order, the queue acceptance click action, the wz load start action, the wz load complete action, or a myriad of other possible actions that take place in code in between.

So again, your anecdotal observations are virtually worthless for making a complete assessment of the bug.

Not to mention you are presuming to contradict the precise explanation from a guys who actually make the game. And what the hell would they know, right? You play the game, while all they have is complete unfettered access to the source code. I guess one mistake in a previous bug fix gives you carte blanche to run your mouth and explain why the devs are wrong.

A reasonable observation would be "It sounds like there might be multiple bugs that can cause a wz victory not to count. i hope they fix this cause in this patch, and that's the last one."

Correct me if I'm wrong but the premade limit for joining Warzones is groups of 4 right?

not true, i join the wz immediately when the wz starts, i am almost always the first person in (5 ocz ssd's in raid my load times are <10 seconds)

i never leave the wz and probably 30% of my wins don't count.

Did you check the other faction? First person probably means the very first, so as your side wins the other starts to quit including that very first person to join.

Not to mention you are presuming to contradict the precise explanation from a guys who actually make the game. And what the hell would they know, right? You play the game, while all they have is complete unfettered access to the source code. I guess one mistake in a previous bug fix gives you carte blanche to run your mouth and explain why the devs are wrong.

Yes, forums are a place for people to post their feedback, you are correct about that. I have no idea what exactly made you so upset, but may I suggest maybe going for a walk to help you calm down?

Let me point out to you that what I offered was a mere observation and basic logic, there is no need to be upset over these things. I find it quite worrying that you should react this way, and I would strongly suggest seeking proffesional council on this matter.

The reason why we post our opinions is that by some magic accident(which according to your post, it absolutely must be) the devs might be wrong from time to time. The more information we provide, the better their chance at finding a proper solution. Look at the state of Ilum now for example. It's supposed to be fixed. It's not. Sometimes kills stop counting for no reason and the only way to rectify this is by killing yourself.

/donerunningmouthoff

Edited by Crowleyz

You haven't provided any evidence whatsoever to prove incorrect. You have provided an observation and stated that it proves a point. It doesn't.

"That is most likely not the case as this happens in premades all the time from what I understand."

Firstly, "most likely" isn't a deceleration of fact to begin with. So your own wording insinuates your own lack of conviction.

"Highly doubt a lot of those guys leave, and they tend to enter as soon as it's up so they are more often than not the first players to enter."

A fair amount of premade groups will confirm everyone got the queue before entering, which instantly negates your argument. But for the sake of discussion lets assume that at least someone in the group clicks enter as soon as it pops. This in and of itself means nothing. We have no idea if the game records the first player based on the queue pop order, the queue acceptance click action, the wz load start action, the wz load complete action, or a myriad of other possible actions that take place in code in between.

So again, your anecdotal observations are virtually worthless for making a complete assessment of the bug.

A reasonable observation would be "It sounds like there might be multiple bugs that can cause a wz victory not to count. i hope they fix this cause in this patch, and that's the last one."

Makes sense to me, and in fact in premades I always confirm all got it either in chat or vent before entering.

Yes, forums are a place for people to post their feedback, you are correct about that. I have no idea what exactly made you so upset, but may I suggest maybe going for a walk to help you calm down?

Let me point out to you that what I offered was a mere observation and basic logic, there is no need to be upset over these things. I find it quite worrying that you should react this way, and I would strongly suggest seeking proffesional council on this matter.

The reason why we post our opinions is that by some magic accident(which according to your post, it absolutely must be) the devs might be wrong from time to time. The more information we provide, the better their chance at finding a proper solution. Look at the state of Ilum now for example. It's supposed to be fixed. It's not. Sometimes kills stop counting for no reason and the only way to rectify this is by killing yourself.

/donerunningmouthoff

So now that i have shot your worthless claims full of holes, you are going to comment on some other aspect of my post.

/gladyouaredonerunningyourmouthoff

To Crowleyz:

You read this thread, and replied because you disagreed with someone's comment. Someone else disagrees with your comments. Then you go back and forth, and are confused as to why he continues to disagree with you?

This, my friend, is what we call Troll warz :D And both of you are losing

P.S. In case you're wondering, I actually agree with your friend. You shouldn't toss words around like that and expect no one to notice the flaw in your statement.

Edited by Mintawno

Unless you're the only person in the WZ you cannot possibly know who is the first pesron to join.

A premade doesn't mean you get to click 'join' any faster than the other 4 people not in your premades. In fact like others mentioned, a premade is most likely going to double check they didn't accidentally leave a guy out before joining, while the solo queuer presumably joins immediately.

Makes sense to me. The reason why this didn't happen early in the game and is happening more now is because higher level PVPers are only interested in getting wins for dailies. As soon as they feel their team is losing, they leave. At the same time, they are most likely to instantly quick the wz accept button and be the first in too.

In my experience, wz wins normally don't count when we absolutely steam roll the opposing side. And they usually count when the game is close. Which supports this theory since players are less likely to leave a close game.

So now that i have shot your worthless claims full of holes, you are going to comment on some other aspect of my post.

/gladyouaredonerunningyourmouthoff

As you wish.

You haven't provided any evidence whatsoever to prove incorrect. You have provided an observation and stated that it proves a point. It doesn't. [/Quote]

You have not provided any counter evidence to suggest that it is not true, therefore your own statement is not only anecdotal, but pointless and embarassing. Good job!

I retract my previous statement and offer instead the statement: "In my personal experience with premades."

Dear douche,

saying "NUHU!" disproves nothing.

/getproffesionalhelpplzplz

Edited by Crowleyz

This has happened to me in many pre-made games that not a single person has left.

I have gotten credit for a win in games that the first person to enter has left so its unlikely that this is the problem

This has happened to me in many pre-made games that not a single person has left.

I have gotten credit for a win in games that the first person to enter has left so its unlikely that this is the problem

NOOO! DEVS KNOW! DO NOT DARE CONTRADICT THE DEVS!!!

And yes, I completely agree with you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.