Scoundrel DPS Build Help

pmaura

My build on this Thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=285443

It was intended for PvP viable damage/survivability. For PvE damage I would drop the healing skills for more damage.

Its still fine for PvE damage but not maximized. My Rotation is wacky from the 2 DoTs (if they will run duration) priorities are Vital Shot, Shrap bomb, backblast, blasterwhip, suckerpunch, thermal grenade/quick shot/ freighter.

I've ran full scrapper spec and it puts flechette round in shrap bomb's spot in priority.

Edited by vartius

I just use my PvP spec for raids, but if I were to respec, I would probably do this.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#7010cZGGModkbffzZhMb.1

The rotation I use is shoot first, blaster whip, back blast, pugnacity, vital shot, blaster whip, sucker punch. Basically after that try to keep up vital shot 100% of the time, make sure to keep up pugnacity, try to keep two stacks of UH alternating between blaster whip and sucker punch watching for procs, use your auto attack if you are going to go below 60 energy(forgot what it's called), and obviously use flechette round with back blast and shoot first.

Edited by Niaoru

I am so used to having Exploratory Surgery to go into fights with pugnacity before shots are fired and backup healing potential I missed it at lvl 40 immediately when I respeced to get Flechette. Not necessary of course but its part of my playstyle.

I just use my PvP spec for raids, but if I were to respec, I would probably do this.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#7010cZGGModkbffzZhMb.1

The rotation I use is shoot first, blaster whip, back blast, pugnacity, vital shot, blaster whip, sucker punch. Basically after that try to keep up vital shot 100% of the time, make sure to keep up pugnacity, try to keep two stacks of UH alternating between blaster whip and sucker punch watching for procs, use your auto attack if you are going to go below 60 energy(forgot what it's called), and obviously use flechette round with back blast and shoot first.

This build doesn't have the root. The root is so awesome.

Your attack rotation is totally situational. Are you 1v1 or 4v4? Do you expect the fight to be short and bursty or long and drawn out?

In a 1v1 fight where I must win (ie, taking out a solo defender in alderaan civil war), my rotation looks like this:

1. fletchette round

2. sneak + surge adrenal + surge/crit relic (not on GCD)

3. shoot first

4. blaster whip

5. dirty kick

6. sucker punch (fresh 50's in light armor die here)

7. fletchette round

8. backblast

9. Tendon blast

10. blasterwhip (fresh 50's in heavy armor die here)

11. sucker punch

12. sucker punch

13. grenade (battlemasters die here)

Basically you want to be using back blast as soon as it refreshes. If you're fighting against a stealth character, I would pop a vitalshot at #4.

Sustained group vs group fights are different. Here you want to utilize your aoe skills to maximize your total damage and limit the use of your abilities to maximize energy recovery. A thermal grenade that hits 5 targets does 5-10k total damage. A well timed freighter flyby can decimate an entire team and can do upwards of 20-30k total damage.

In a many vs many fight, my rotation becomes.

1. Freighter flyby

2. Stealth

3. Fletchette Round

4. Shoot first

5. Pugnacity.

6. Thermal grenade

7. flurry of bolts (energy conservation)

8. Blaster-whip/Underworld medicine (to generate upper hand)

9. Thermal grenade

10. Blaster volley

11. Back to step 7 refreshing pugnacity as needed.

It's rare that I ever get to step 11 in the many vs many rotation though.

The last kind of fight is the many vs 1 fight. In this case, your most important skill is tendon blast. If specced, it will root your opponent allowing your team members to catch up to the enemy and destroy them. It does not increase resolve, so it is safe to spam it in any situation.

Just for reference, here is my build. It is a direct-damage burst build with increased survivability and moderate healing ability.