Hybrid PvP Build Gunnery Medic

Samurro

Hello,

my first post here, looked through the front page but didn't really find a good post about hybrid speccs Gunnery Combat Medics.

I am currently playing my Commando he is level 16, it is my first alt and I really enjoy playing him. I want to maximize PvP effectivness and here is my build which I came up with, what are your thoughts, what NEEDS to be changed?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800rfkMRdbdzZrMkrR0z.1

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

New build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800rfRoodfbzZrckRR0z.1

Edited by Samurro

Kind of...terrible.

I usually suggest something like: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800rfRRozcZMIkbRbd0z.1

Thanks for the input, though I want reasons for some of your talent choices:

• Advanced Tech seems superior to Ironsights in every way, why picking IS instead?
  • Steadied Aim makes no sense to me, instead Heavy Trooper makes me tougher
  • Cell Charger and Charged Barrel make no sense either, I stay in Support Cells
  • Treated Wound Dressings and Med Zone seem to good to pass up...

My objective is to support as a healer and only switch to DPS when nobody needs immediate healing. Maybe this should clarifiy my decisions.

• Advanced Tech seems superior to Ironsights in every way, why picking IS instead?

My objective is to support as a healer and only switch to DPS when nobody needs immediate healing. Maybe this should clarifiy my decisions.

Because IS increases your DPS more than AT increases your healing. IS is far superior.

I've played a Commando to 42 so far, going up though Medic as far as you show...though I did pick some different skills. The Field Triage is extremely useful. Especially if you are relied upon for healing...when @#$ hits the fan, you will be spamming MP and AMP (Advanced Medical Probe). Without Field Triage, you will run out of energy quick.

Also, Steady Hands help you cast your healing abilities without as much delay when you're in the thick of things. This is super important when @#$@ hits the fan and you need to spam heal to keep up.

I think what people are trying to say is that this build is more like a secondary healing build...only meant to heal when the main healer is having problems keeping up. But, you went so far up the Medic tree that you're losing out on abilities that could make you a good DPSer...so, you're sort of 1/2 and 1/2.

I wish Hybrid builds were good, because I am sort of looking at doing this as well (trying to get at least Grav Round (though not sure how powerful it will be without any accompanying abilities).

I fully understand your point, still the suggested skill tree is lacking in the department of consistency. I agree that Field Triarge seems really useful and on more point into Steady Hands should be a good investment, compared to my first skill build.

This build is rather obviously focused on switching cells, and remaining in Armor Piercing Cell most of the time. Usually getting the damage medals first, then switching to healing for those medals. If you don't want to do that, it's probably not worth it.

For what you suggest, I would go with something more like: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800rfRoRdf0kqZrzkM.1

If you aren't going to commit to doing damage, getting Grav Round isn't worth the loss of Bacta Infusion.

Edited by Soshla

Taking armor screen is a waste of points in todays pvp.

Reason why : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=213530

Rather lengthy but explains why.

To me this point in armor screen provides a little more than 2% mitigation, which works against most PVP skills. Good investment I think. This post was about defense and shields (not armor) which are not very usefull for PVP.

Advanced Tech is a tiny increase. Ironsights is a bigger increase to THE stat for Troopers, Aim.

Steadied Aim is very important in PVP if you want to put out decent damage. Plus, pushbacks are very frustrating and distracting. Heavy Trooper, again, is a tiny increase.

Cell Charger, I agree with you. If you plan on being a medic, you need CSC. Personally, I'm not a fan of switching cells. If you have Grav Round, Charged Barrel looks like it might be handy...although personally I wouldn't spend the skill points needed to get that high in the tree.

I currently use treated wound dressing (to get into the next tier mainly) but Medzone only has an effect while reactive shield is on, which is a very small window of time.

Edited by Buckit

FaF ?

Fire and Forget.

Preventive medicine attaches a HoT (Heal over Time) Component to Advanced Medical Probe, see someone dipping low, AMP on the person and move on to the next or reposition yourself while the HoT ticks are still healing said person.

Fire and Forget.

Preventive medicine attaches a HoT (Heal over Time) Component to Advanced Medical Probe, see someone dipping low, AMP on the person and move on to the next or reposition yourself while the HoT ticks are still healing said person.

Okay I know that a HoT within the fast heal would be kinda good, but I don't know if it is worth losing Gravity Surge for it...

Edit:

The source you pulled before, to verify how useless armor in PvP is...was terrible. Because it had nothing to do with armor, which is quite useful in PvP.

Edited by Samurro

Armor: mitigation against 2 of the 4 damage types: Energy and Kinetic. Keep in mind thats for attacks that deal “weapon damage”, to understand whether Armor factors in, you have to check the damage type of the weapon itself. E.g. blasters and rifles deal Energy damage

Now go and look exactly how many skills do that type of damage...

The auto attack spam skills + like 7 or 8 skills.

The other 60-70+ other attacks all use Tech or Force, making armor as a stat completely useless.

But please be my guest and take the skill point, you asked for feedback afterall.

As for getting preventive medicine, never give up Grav, instead you might want to take out the point from First Responder, it's widely agreed on in many threads in this forum that stacking Alacrity is actually nerfing yourself because it will leave you ammo starved fast, i personally would say go for crit/surge for big heals.

And put those 2 points free'd up in PM.

Edited by JoxerNL

As for getting preventive medicine, never give up Grav, instead you might want to take out the point from First Responder, it's widely agreed on in many threads in this forum that stacking Alacrity is actually nerfing yourself because it will leave you ammo starved fast, i personally would say go for crit/surge for big heals.

And put those 2 points free'd up in PM.

This seems like a good argument, keeping it in mind.

Now go and look exactly how many skills do that type of damage...

The auto attack spam skills + like 7 or 8 skills.

The other 60-70+ other attacks all use Tech or Force, making armor as a stat completely useless.

Not sure how you got that from that. Tech and Force are NOT damage types. They are ability types. Armor will still work against Tech/Force based Kinetic/Energy skills which is a lot of skills. Internal and Elemental damage types are what armor does not work against.

Edited by MudMonster

I've tried a hyrbid combat medic build and I had a question that maybe you all could answer. With each build I try to setup a dps avalanche or dps bomb. For the life of me I could never figure out how to do that as a combat medic hybrid. I know you would have to build of 30 charges of combat support cell. Once you had the 30 you would grav round til armor debuff was fully applied. After that is sticky grenade, TO+RC Plasma - (pop superchargers cell) w/ charged bolt spam + HiB when possible; the only option for throttling an opponent down?

That rotation is hard to pull off and requires an immensely stupid opponent to go all the way through. Was just wondering if there were some secret I was missing.

IMO

1. First Responder is not worth wasting 2 points into it.. u will gain more putting those 2 points into Preventative Medicine

2. Gravity Surge is not worth 1 point if u are going for hybrid without Demolition Round.. it dont make u a difference if u will applie Vortex 2x times faster on this build or 2x times slower.

3. You need to test how will be ur pushback on grav round/chared bolts in pvp... if it will be frustrating you should consider putting some points into Stedied Aim

I'm thinking about very similiary build with 2 pieces bonus from PvP Combat Medic set (+3x to Reactive Shield duration) and 2 pieces bonus from PvE Supercommand set (+3x to Reactive Shield duration) and that will give us Reactive Shield with 18s duration :>

Edited by ChemicalRider