Kinetic Champion Bheezem PvP video

Bheezhem

I made this video recently, pre patch 1.1.2a so changes to harnessed and circling shadows were not yet in effect except for two of the fights. You'll see im not gear capped as i tried to make a video where im not completely gear stomping fresh 50s with massive infiltration crits, instead you'll see what a kinetic shadow is capable of in full champion/centurion gear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNUqQxOZ9lU

-Bheezem

<Epic>

Port Nowhere server

specs used

spec seen through most of the vid-> http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rsrokrskbsZZf0cM.1 (31/0/10)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rsrokrskbZhGbMk.1 (27/14/0)

tools used:

fraps

windows live movie maker...lol

praise/criticism welcome

Edited by Bheezhem

I never tried kinetic seriously and havent seen videos so far which makes this one a novelty for me.

I wont criticise your playing style, since I dont know whats important for a kinetic specced shadow.

But man... you can outlast many situations because youre taking a lot of damage but those damage numbers are depressingly low! Most dots crit higher than most of your skills when being balance specced. Do you even get the 300k medal each match?

I just now realise that youre a 100% tank when being kinetic, no way you'll ever could be called "damage dealer". Specced this way you cant even burst a healer, nor dps.

I couldnt play that way, but its still important to have tanks in a grp setup I guess.

Edited by Shruk

I never tried kinetic seriously and havent seen videos so far which makes this one a novelty for me.

I wont criticise your playing style, since I dont know whats important for a kinetic specced shadow.

But man... you can outlast many situations because youre taking a lot of damage but those damage numbers are depressingly low! Most dots crit higher than most of your skills when being balance specced. Do you even get the 300k medal each match?

I just now realise that youre a 100% tank when being kinetic, no way you'll ever could be called "damage dealer". Specced this way you cant even burst a healer, nor dps.

I couldnt play that way, but its still important to have tanks in a grp setup I guess.

Kinetic definitely isn't for the people who rolled shadow to burst things-the fights i show in the video show me winning against better geared players or in 2v1 situations-not because I have huge burst, but because I can outlast their damage cooldowns, while putting out mediocre numbers and healing myself at the same time. Now days i actually run using full stalker gear minus the lightsaber, generator, and 2 pieces of survivor for spinning kick (couldn't live without it). With a surge trinket and ripping out the pvp mods and replacing them with surge mods, i've done easy 4k project crits on full pvp geared players consuming force potency. But the burst is few and far between, it's about sustained damage and getting 3 stacks of harnessed shadows to heal yourself with. Thanks for the view!

That was a beautiful thing.

On that last clip, you won that game. Had you not been as survivable, you'd have lost. Had you not guarded your taem-mate, you'd have lost.

BTW...good move on running down the stairs and force pulling that guy down to you to try to give your team-mate a chance to cap. Too bad it didn't work out in that case, was good thinkin.

Edited by Thuull

Great video!

I play this way, use 31/0/10, and wear dps mods in the Survivor's Gear 4 piece. I don't think I've ever gotten the 300k damage medal in my life. I usually end up with 9+ medals though, since I'm getting guard credit and such. Around 200k damage is my neighborhood it seems.

Great video!

I play this way, use 31/0/10, and wear dps mods in the Survivor's Gear 4 piece. I don't think I've ever gotten the 300k damage medal in my life. I usually end up with 9+ medals though, since I'm getting guard credit and such. Around 200k damage is my neighborhood it seems.

Yeah, I think that's why im able to bear playing this spec, I come from a history of being a pure dps, but I value strong 1v1 capability/utility and being able to protect the people i play with more so this set up suits me well. I use the survivor 2 pc and stalker 2 pc for the increased range, but i just replace most of the stats with anything surge. Even in a tank spec(especially now that they fixed particle acceleration)

step 1: proc particle acceleration

step 2: pop surge trinket/expertise stim (or surge adrenal if u got it)

step 3: activate force potency then use project and laugh as you hit the guy for 4-6k as a tank

edit:ty for the view! all feed back is appreciated

Edited by Bheezhem

I've been loving my Kinetic Shadow in the Warzones.

I started at level 10 and have done nothing but level up via PVP warzones to just test out how that compares to questline leveling.

After about 5 days, with a couple of those days containing some intense playing, i'm almost level 23 now with 90k in the bank (after spending around 30k on gear).

The survivability is just incredible when you are low level and facing down 40's with a lot more tricks than you have. So I will be going Kinetic for my trip to 50. However, I have a very slight build difference than yours and I wanted to question you on it.

To me, it looks like the synergy between double strike and project is a huge factor of the kinetic build, followed by the addition of TK throw for some good healing.

Given that, I thought it was a shame not to further that synergy by not having the double throw chance on project, but also not having the 50% crit bonus for doublestrike which will be getting crit increases from project's crits. So I was looking at a 29/0/12 split.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rIrokrskbZZf0cMb.1

I lose out on slow time, but I get my 50% crit on doublestrike that I wanted. However, how does focus go with this build? My guy is not high enough to benefit from much of the focus generating abilities. I wonder if 2 points in shadows respite is worth more than one of my other choices?

At first I didn't understand why you open with Project, but I get it now, you are more interested in getting a full stack of HS then having an auto-crit Project.

In fact I find you are mostly ignoring PA procs and just using Project on CD.

I do notice lots of times that you are force starved and not auto-attacking, which can make up a significant portion of damage, I think I only see you auto-attack twice in that whole video.

Great video though, really enjoyed it, I think you portrayed the Kinetic spec well.

I've been loving my Kinetic Shadow in the Warzones.

I started at level 10 and have done nothing but level up via PVP warzones to just test out how that compares to questline leveling.

After about 5 days, with a couple of those days containing some intense playing, i'm almost level 23 now with 90k in the bank (after spending around 30k on gear).

The survivability is just incredible when you are low level and facing down 40's with a lot more tricks than you have. So I will be going Kinetic for my trip to 50. However, I have a very slight build difference than yours and I wanted to question you on it.

To me, it looks like the synergy between double strike and project is a huge factor of the kinetic build, followed by the addition of TK throw for some good healing.

Given that, I thought it was a shame not to further that synergy by not having the double throw chance on project, but also not having the 50% crit bonus for doublestrike which will be getting crit increases from project's crits. So I was looking at a 29/0/12 split.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rIrokrskbZZf0cMb.1

I lose out on slow time, but I get my 50% crit on doublestrike that I wanted. However, how does focus go with this build? My guy is not high enough to benefit from much of the focus generating abilities. I wonder if 2 points in shadows respite is worth more than one of my other choices?

your spec is very much a preference thing and at one point I considered doing pretty much the same thing. However

1.I actually main tank for my guild and we do ops frequently, so slow time is a necessity as it is my highest aoe threat builder

2.ever since the new patch where slow time gives you a stack of HS, it has become quite useful because it is actually a lower force cost than project

3.Slow time's damage is actually considerable considering it's aoe and you're a tank. In my gear set up mine usually go for around 900-1.2k crits(i know it seems small but it adds up believe me)

that being said your spec is a good idea if you don't have any tanking obligations to fill in pve, my spec actually doubles as my raid spec, shadows respite is also nice, however as a tank you don't spend much time in stealth (your fights last longer, you don't die as often so you don't get as many openers) HOWEVER pre nerf i played the second spec i linked (for pvp only) which utilized the energy regen on blackout. That was amazing having so much force to play with

Edited by Bheezhem

At first I didn't understand why you open with Project, but I get it now, you are more interested in getting a full stack of HS then having an auto-crit Project.

In fact I find you are mostly ignoring PA procs and just using Project on CD.

I do notice lots of times that you are force starved and not auto-attacking, which can make up a significant portion of damage, I think I only see you auto-attack twice in that whole video.

Great video though, really enjoyed it, I think you portrayed the Kinetic spec well.

yessss i feel HS actually makes the spec, sure combat technique gives you some decent healing, but the real power of the spec is your ability to withstand punishing dps cooldowns, while actually dishing out damage. Telekentic throw is completely underrated, not only does it do about 1300 per tick with surge trinket popped and force potency added to it, but while your dealing that damage, you're healing yourself for 9%(assuming no cc occurs) ON TOP OF THAT you are actually regenerating your force while attacking.

and yes rewatching that vid, i am painfully aware of the moments where im tunnel visioning on my cooldowns and not filling globals ty for making me look at that, these comments help me improve

Very impressive. I definitely enjoyed your video. I'm not a shadow myself, but I've been wanting to roll one. Kinetic seems like the build I'd like to play as.

Whats your standard rotation/priority in PvP look like as a Kinetic Combat Shadow?

Again, great job!

Very impressive. I definitely enjoyed your video. I'm not a shadow myself, but I've been wanting to roll one. Kinetic seems like the build I'd like to play as.

Whats your standard rotation/priority in PvP look like as a Kinetic Combat Shadow?

Again, great job!

ty for the view! it's a priority based system, at least my playstyle in this video is. I revolve around getting my 3 stacks of harnessed shadows so i can telekentic throw as much as possible coupled with force potency/PA project crits post patch. Your hardest hitting abilities are Spinning strike, Project, and slow time. Telekenetic throw when activated with a surge relic+force potency can also channel for a total of 3-3.2k damage, it all depends on what the situation is

You are wrong. TT ticks 4 times which makes it heal you 12% (~2000 HP) and can deal up to 6k damage with your offensive CDs, that is by far you best offensive and defensive skill.

The most important thing though is not to use TT as often as possible but to make it hard for them to interupt/LOS it ... and then you have the taunts and all those utility skills to consider.

Personally, I usually don't open up with project but slow time (project only if slow time is on CD). Without the proc, project does barely more damage than slow time and I'll still get my 3 stacks on my second slow time if I'm unlucky with procs ...

You are wrong. TT ticks 4 times which makes it heal you 12% (~2000 HP) and can deal up to 6k damage with your offensive CDs, that is by far you best offensive and defensive skill.

The most important thing though is not to use TT as often as possible but to make it hard for them to interupt/LOS it ... and then you have the taunts and all those utility skills to consider.

Personally, I usually don't open up with project but slow time (project only if slow time is on CD). Without the proc, project does barely more damage than slow time and I'll still get my 3 stacks on my second slow time if I'm unlucky with procs ...

ty, was unaware TT ticked a total of 4. The reason i left out utility skills i.e spinning kick which has saved my life i have no clue how many times is because i stated in the end it's all situational, and it is a priority based system. If you could use the same rotation every time i don't think the class would be working as intended. Resilience, spinning kick, force cloak, and force stun, combined with cybertech grenades makes for an amazing amount of utility. Not even including force pull which is great all by itself.

the reason i open with project is because it hits for about 500-600 damage harder than slow time, plus i feel the damage debuff on slow time is important to maintain, and why not buy myself extra time by using it second as opposed to first when no one reacts quickly enough for the first attack anyways

the reason i open with project is because it hits for about 500-600 damage harder than slow time, plus i feel the damage debuff on slow time is important to maintain, and why not buy myself extra time by using it second as opposed to first when no one reacts quickly enough for the first attack anyways

Last time I checked, it was more about 200-300 (the reason I said it deals barely more damage). The damage debuff maintaining is a non factor since you should use slow time on CD (unless you are TTing of course). The two reasons I prefer to open up with slow time are force sustainibility and the slow which makes me able to melee faster, makes my teamates more likely to join/kite. Having the damage debuff earlier is nice too because your 10m range makes it that you rarely are going to fight someone that haven't started fighting someone, either by a leap or just 30m range.

And that damage comparison is not even considering that it is an AoE. Really, unless ST is on CD after a KB or on a new target I don't feel any good reasons to not start with slow time.

Edit : Oh, I just thought about upheaval ... that's where those numbers come from I understand :)

Edited by Sogar

Last time I checked, it was more about 200-300 (the reason I said it deals barely more damage). The damage debuff maintaining is a non factor since you should use slow time on CD (unless you are TTing of course). The two reasons I prefer to open up with slow time are force sustainibility and the slow which makes me able to melee faster, makes my teamates more likely to join/kite. Having the damage debuff earlier is nice too because your 10m range makes it that you rarely are going to fight someone that haven't started fighting someone, either by a leap or just 30m range.

And that damage comparison is not even considering that it is an AoE. Really, unless ST is on CD after a KB or on a new target I don't feel any good reasons to not start with slow time.

Edit : Oh, I just thought about upheaval ... that's where those numbers come from I understand :)

yeah i was counting upheaval, but i definitely see where you're coming from. I also open with project out of habit because ST never used to give the HS buff