STWOR fail

Zlotvor

Then just answer a question: If F2P is so damn good, why all these games started with month subscription and not with the F2P model from the beginning.

Stop grabbing the air please.

DC Universe Online: “700% increase in daily revenue” since going free to play

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/22/dc-universe-online-700-increase-in-daily-revenue-since-going-free-to-play/

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say GW2 is the same as every MMORPG before it when it innovates in so many areas? You're really not THAT ignorant are you?

People don't actually do research before they talk Poog. However, hold off the talk about "innovation" before the game actually launches or a public beta is announced. That way, it can be seen if they actually have delivered on what they said they're trying to do.

I rly want to know what will happen to this game when GW2 and Diablo 3 come out.I think people (i am playing) are playing this game only because its called Star Wars and there isn't any good mmo except wow.

Youre making a mistake that all noob gamers make and thats in thinking that everyone else has the same playstyle and preferences that you do.

GW2 and Diablo2 cater to a niche crowd at best.Im not downing either of the games at all but it is what it is.

You should Really stop playing them then!

After all, doing something you dislike isn't fun. Try to enjoy yourself in everything you do. It's the only way to live after all.

I play the RPG to see the story and good story keep me play the game. (Plus not every game has beta / trail you know! )

A lot of time game is over-hyped and I took bait. I remember I bought NW2 CE than I quit it 2 min later cus I hate the control so much. I finally play it again a years later and story line was able to make me forgot how I hate the control. (NW companion AI is really retard and archer class is really bad.)

Edited by hchsiao

I'm still waiting: Why don't they put F2P from the beginning?

Ps: it's not hard to increase 700% of 12/13 players ;)

Well. Because they didn't think they would have to? However, they did and it worked out amazingly well. I'm going to explain to you what happened the day it went F2P. I was there, and so was my wife.

1. Server Queues, on all servers. Crashing, exploding servers, lag. Horrible things.

2. Players - EVERYWHERE. You could not go Anywhere without running into other heroes or villains fighting it out, fighting mobs, blowing stuff up, flinging cars around. It was pretty cool.

3. That 700% increase is in Revenue, not players due to the way they sold content/items/vault tickets/subscriptions. You still could sub and gain all the benefits, or you could buy it in parts.

I sure wish I could find players in SWTOR like you can find in DCUO, you know. Out in the world, regularly.

700 percent increase in 1000 players isnt much.....D.C Universe Online had nowhere to go but up.

You're not good at math. That's 7,000,000 That is a lot of players.

Seriously though anyone who shrugs off the numbers presented is in cold hard denial.

Edited by VenthiosLestaran

I'm still waiting: Why don't they put F2P from the beginning?

Ps: it's not hard to increase 700% of 12/13 players ;)

They make money off of micro-transactions and/or Ads.

Massively Exclusive: SOE's John Smedley reveals F2P model for DC Universe Online

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/09/19/massively-exclusive-soes-john-smedley-reveals-f2p-model-for-dc/

Ghost Recon

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/ubisoft-says-f2p-model-wont-determine-quality-of-ghost-recon-online/

Project Titan

http://www.rpgreporter.com/2012/01/23/blizzards-next-gen-mmo-ad-supported-with-f2p-model/

Edited by Sizzurps

To be honest neither GW2 or D3 will have a monthly fee and will be able to easily run besides SWTOR, I think that playtime for SWTOR will be less but I don't think too many will quit thier subscription.

Clearly - but people who don't think rationally are often scared by things that don't inspire any fear.