Has Bioware already lost the PvP base?

golfwang

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the pvp base is waiting on guildwars2 openworld.

http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-ferguson-on-guild-wars-2-world-vs-world

its the closest thing to DAoC pvp, which is widely regarded as the best implementation of MMO pvp by anyone who had played it.

SWTOR is a filler game, it has potential, but mostly players are bored of rift/wow and are waiting on either GW2 (or god forbid, mists of pandapokemon).

rateds will not do much to help pvp for swtor, since they will limit your ability to play with friends (sorry, i like you dude but im on a fixed team) (sorry, we need to run this comp in case we get huttball, that way we can jump/lifegrip our way to an easy rating). rateds will just be an upbeat "new thing" that makes the gap between now and gw2 less boring.

introducing pvp gear tiers and the current state of faction imbalance is basically a huge problem. gear tiering is good for keeping heavy pvp'ers interested, but ultimately it limits the degree that players are willing to use/create alts and it alienates new players from pvp alltogether as the gear gap widens. the last patch attempted to fix that, but really, the damage was done when they introduced the concept.

I also dont see anyway to fix the population imbalance, 2 factions is a terrible idea for open world, and warzones will ultimately not hold pvp'er interest (especially if you play the same one repeatedly...).

Edited by angelraven

its the closest thing to DAoC pvp, which is widely regarded as the best implementation of MMO pvp by anyone who had played it.

SWTOR is a filler game, it has potential, but mostly players are bored of rift/wow and are waiting on either GW2 (or god forbid, mists of pandapokemon).

rateds will not do much to help pvp for swtor, since they will limit your ability to play with friends (sorry, i like you dude but im on a fixed team) (sorry, we need to run this comp in case we get huttball, that way we can jump/lifegrip our way to an easy rating). rateds will just be an upbeat "new thing" that makes the gap between now and gw2 less boring.

+1 billion. I didn't even think of posting that article :p

introducing pvp gear tiers and the current state of faction imbalance is basically a huge problem. gear tiering is good for keeping heavy pvp'ers interested, but ultimately it limits the degree that players are willing to use/create alts and it alienates new players from pvp alltogether as the gear gap widens. the last patch attempted to fix that, but really, the damage was done when they introduced the concept.

I also dont see anyway to fix the population imbalance, 2 factions is a terrible idea for open world, and warzones will ultimately not hold pvp'er interest (especially if you play the same one repeatedly...).

This game is 100% filler. In fact I wasnt even going to purchase this game and wait out GW2 while playing Aion but a friend of mine told me how "awesome" this game was and sold me on it. My friend now owes me $70.

O well my sub ends in a few days and I will resub to Aion till GW2 is out.

This game is 100% filler. In fact I wasnt even going to purchase this game and wait out GW2 while playing Aion but a friend of mine told me how "awesome" this game was and sold me on it. My friend now owes me $70.

O well my sub ends in a few days and I will resub to Aion till GW2 is out.

Why'd you spend 70 bucks on something you didn't want int he first place.... Your friend owes you a slap in the face.

Half the ppl will leave for Diablo 3, other half will at least try GW2 if not stick with it.

I challenge anyone here to tell me " I wont play any of these games..caugh ..caugh"

we'll see what happen when they release :)

im so disapointed by this game...

How to waste 250+ millions.

Half the ppl will leave for Diablo 3, other half will at least try GW2 if not stick with it.

I challenge anyone here to tell me " I wont play any of these games..caugh ..caugh"

I have no plans to play either of those games, but I may try GW2 a bit after it comes out if my friends stick with it.

Problem is this:

1) There is no more prizes to reach once you hit Valor 60 (Except speeder at 65). It's a matter of getting lucky w/ the stupid RNG for Battlemaster gear (which is being fixed in 1.2).

2) Bioware needs to implement the next tier of PvP sets now (When peeps start to hit War Hero Status (Valor 70+).

3) Add more WZs (Incoming via 1.2) and fix Ilum so that it's a true open world PvP instead of basecamping garbage.

4) Add some sparkle to the high end PvP sets. Ex: When reaching say Valor 70, implement sparkle/glow effects on weapons. Bioware just needs to intice us to play more. We all like shinys btw.

I would say that the majority of the subscriber base is casual. The problems in the end-game are most complained about by the speed levelers, self proclaimed professional pvpers who came from other games that didn't make their pvp cut, and those who power leveled and didn't experience any other content other than that which made their character more powerful?

There is plenty to do in this game, on multiple characters, unless you play non-stop. Yes the PvP could use a facelift, and perhaps BW could copy some successful "pvp" formulas from other MMO's. I think they underestimated the players who would focus solely on pvp at end game, and the skill of some of the better guilds and players coming from other MMO's.

The players complaining here, complained in the other forums of those other games too, for sure.

This design team seems genuinely interested in satisfying the subscriber base, and the "expert" input from the more experienced MMO veterans could go a long way in helping develop this game for the long run.

i think this game has been successful at avoiding the hacks, addressing certain emergency fixes in game, addressing class balancing, fixing content and much more. The response has been faster than any MMO I can remember in recent years, and I've played since MMOs since the UO launch.

Remember this is a community, and your efforts can help build or help destroy that community. I'd wager that those complaining most, helped destroy "other" online communities as well, instead of helping to build them.

I would say that the majority of the subscriber base is casual. The problems in the end-game are most complained about by the speed levelers, self proclaimed professional pvpers who came from other games that didn't make their pvp cut, and those who power leveled and didn't experience any other content other than that which made their character more powerful?

There is plenty to do in this game, on multiple characters, unless you play non-stop. Yes the PvP could use a facelift, and perhaps BW could copy some successful "pvp" formulas from other MMO's. I think they underestimated the players who would focus solely on pvp at end game, and the skill of some of the better guilds and players coming from other MMO's.

The players complaining here, complained in the other forums of those other games too, for sure.

This design team seems genuinely interested in satisfying the subscriber base, and the "expert" input from the more experienced MMO veterans could go a long way in helping develop this game for the long run.

i think this game has been successful at avoiding the hacks, addressing certain emergency fixes in game, addressing class balancing, fixing content and much more. The response has been faster than any MMO I can remember in recent years, and I've played since MMOs since the UO launch.

Remember this is a community, and your efforts can help build or help destroy that community. I'd wager that those complaining most, helped destroy "other" online communities as well, instead of helping to build them.

Yeah, sure, plenty of solo content...if you don't mind the 200000 quests you have to do every play through just to get to 1 cut scene from the story. And for the record, I've never complained about another MMO before on forums. This game is a special case.

>Gabe was PVP designer for Warhammer.

>PVP for Warhammer was *********** terrible, remade endgame PVP 7 times - got worse every time.

>Warhammer had the most potential of any recent MMO, EA rushing the game to arrive in tandem with WOTLK and incompetent developers at Mythic ****ed it up.

>**** Gabe.

No problem. I have no intention of playing either.

Blizzard lost any hope of me buying Diablo 3 when they announced always-on DRM/no real single player & cash money auction house.

ArenaNet is probably the worst developer on the planet. you couldn't PAY me to play GW2. Looking forward to those in-game pepsi ads?

Blizzard lost any hope of me buying Diablo 3 when they announced always-on DRM/no real single player & cash money auction house.

ArenaNet is probably the BEST developer on the planet. you couldn't PAY me to play GW2. Looking forward to those in-game pepsi ads?

I fixed your post. It seems you had a brain fart.

ArenaNet is probably the worst developer on the planet. you couldn't PAY me to play GW2. Looking forward to those in-game pepsi ads?

Trollolol much? Definitely seems like you haven't read anything on GW2. Shoo child.

Funny, ive ready everything available. It will be.. pretty much identical to GW1. Hope you love that Instanced WvWvW.

Good times.

The fact that you think it's even remotely like GW1 means you don't know anything about the game. As for WvWvW...it's pretty much improved DAoC, which is regarded as the best PvP in an MMO to date. Again, shoo child.

Funny, ive ready everything available. It will be.. pretty much identical to GW1. Hope you love that Instanced WvWvW.

Good times.

Stick with the failtastic game your playing right now and let other people hope for a game that is really enjoyable.