Operative Healers!

Ekzy

I have to say after playing the Scoundrel and the Operative extensively as far back as beta, and then only recently a few days ago I started a Sorcerer and I can already tell at level 17 that the Sorcerer will be and is already a better healer then they were at the same level.

I can heal through any boss in my class quests and if I only heal there is no question of if I will win the fight it is a garantee.

Energy management is so much more difficult with the Scoundrel and the Operative then Force management is with the Sorcerer it is laughable, because with the Sorcerer I can just sit back and toss heals, and if I do that there is pretty much no way for me to loose in any fight I need to win solo.

I imagine as I level I will only get better and better at healing so I really do think something needs to be done to help the Scoundrel and the the Operative at least be as good in healing as other healing classes. As it stands it is not even close.

If diagnostic scan could be used while moving it would make a huge difference...

it will still require to do something more, either more healing, or a buff, or much more energy.

the problem is that with it's current condition we cannot use injection, without it we lack nessesary burst for NM and 16hm if we dont want to gimp our energy regen.

mobility, while nice, is not always the answer.

make it instant (a 3sec hot) and give at the first talent (the +crit one) an added bonus of +3/+6duration.

Edited by Shroudveil

Im with Rahl. I played an Op Agent in beta and fell in love with this class. Best story line and it is a complex class to play. "Doing it right", I am a skilled operative healer. During WZ I have big numbers of healing but it's only half of what a good Sorc/Sage class. Like during huttball I did 260k, sorc did almost 400k. I couldn't tell you if he was standing in fire healing himself or not. I didn't, I know that much. But overall it's all I have to judge healing by and it's a good place to start.

The class needs a tweek. Our tactical advantage increases 2% damage... come on what good is that for me. I can hit something for 500? Yeah Boy!

Developers need to aim for class balance and promote more than everyone believing they should rely on one healing class, a sorc/sage. I was told "We can't kill this nightmare boss without a Sorc healer". He was incorrect. We did kill it the next day absent 1 sorc healer and in our first attempt.

Raid leaders shouldn't be wanting to be that reliant on one class.

If diagnostic scan could be used while moving it would make a huge difference...

It would make a difference...but not a huge one.

OP are effective but mediocre healers. If you don't enjoy it then you should reroll...i see no issue.

I guess I am odd that I cant stand my sorc and love my OP. Wish my OP was the biochemist though :(

The fact that Infusion costs energy and a TA proc is a huge burden and makes it utterly useless once you get surgical probe. A change to that skill entirely, whether it is a direct heal with a hot component or an actually useful channel would be nice.

The class needs a tweek. Our tactical advantage increases 2% damage... come on what good is that for me. I can hit something for 500? Yeah Boy!

Just FYI with the Medical Consult talent, you also receive a 6% increase to all healing done while TA is active. A lot of operative healers burn their TAs instantly, however, if you can afford (i.e. no one needs immediate heals) to not use it, the 6% increase is definitely noticeable. In fact, to maximize HPS & HPE all operative healers should always have TA active to receive this 6% buff. The problem with this is, however, that we're restricted with 2 stacks of TA regardless of level or talent spec. I know I have trouble keeping at least 1 TA active at all times without burning it for SP during our guild's 16m nightmare raids.

Edited by sang

Yes it is true that sorc heals better, but med operatives can heal very well, especially if you have TA up and have the medical consult talent. Once during a WZ I outhealed a corruption sorc by about 40K (I did 270K he did about 230K) and I was dealing damage in between while he was barely doing anything other than bubbling/healing. On the run I kept dropping KP on every nearby friendly as I can and taking advantage of the TA procs.

Sorc's AOE heal is the best though, RN isn't really worth picking up anyways.

Edited by Sookster

When the game went live, I rolled an operative mainly to heal and was very dissappointed with it. I do very well healing but if the party starts taking AE damage, it really starts to drain energy.

So I leveled a Sorc to 44 and can tell you Operatives are seriously lacking in the healing department.

The Sorc has better resource management, talents that grant huge bonuses, a yank for baddie dps or fail tank getting booted over rails, and the almighty shield.

Also they have force speed in case tank gets punted and out of range.

Sorc is hands down the best for heals.

For gameplay, operative is alot of fun it just to bad they are subpar. I would totally go back to operative heals if they get adjusted or revamped.

The healing of DS is laughable. If we could cast it while moving it would still be useless.

It's useful for juking in PvP. Get someone to interrupt your DS and you're free to KI.

@OP: I don't feel at all useless as a healer in PvP. I haven't bothered with any PvE content since BT though, so I can't say much about that. It is irritating that a couple of our talents don't seem to work though. If Evasive Imperative worked, I would be so happy. It would also be nice if Medical Therapy worked, but I do alright without it. It would also be nice if our 31 point talent were better, especially when you consider the PvP set bonus. Better itemization on the PvP gear would also be pretty great.

Edited by belialle

I enjoy being a Medic and plan on sticking with it in the hopes someone fixes all the broken/useless stuff.

The biggest issue imo is that anymore than 23-24 points in the medic tree is pretty much a waste currently unless you really really want RN.

I have to say after playing the Scoundrel and the Operative extensively as far back as beta, and then only recently a few days ago I started a Sorcerer and I can already tell at level 17 that the Sorcerer will be and is already a better healer then they were at the same level.

I can heal through any boss in my class quests and if I only heal there is no question of if I will win the fight it is a garantee.

Energy management is so much more difficult with the Scoundrel and the Operative then Force management is with the Sorcerer it is laughable, because with the Sorcerer I can just sit back and toss heals, and if I do that there is pretty much no way for me to loose in any fight I need to win solo.

I imagine as I level I will only get better and better at healing so I really do think something needs to be done to help the Scoundrel and the the Operative at least be as good in healing as other healing classes. As it stands it is not even close.

Yeah, exactly the same situation. I haven't even needed to pay attention to force energy up to lvl 20 because I know even if it gets incredibly low it will still regen at the same rate. I also have a lot more that I can do with the amount of energy, considering you can buff right into increases from the start.

Plus with Overload I can deal with when I start getting attacked by mobs better than I was able to with an Op.

It has to be said that the Op is not a very good healing class.

Been an Operative healer since Beta.

Operative healers are not as strong as Sorc or Merc for sure..

I do HM Operation, and there's many times when we say to each other we need a Sorc healer, but then the second healer is fine as a Op or Merc.

But I still feel weaker than Mercs anyways.

My character currently has 43% chance to Crit with 91% Surge with full buffs and Prototype Stim (No adrenals, no Relics) , and with the upcoming Surge nerf, I won't be healing for much at all.

We can't mitigated damage, while both Sorcs and Mers have a Armor Buff for their heals when talented, and a shield.

I'm not gonna ask for a shield, but I might suggest this:

1) Diagnostic Scan have a 10% chance to Refresh duration on Kolto Probe.

and/or

2) Kolto Infusion has a 100% chance to Refresh duration on Kolto Probe on Critical Heals, which would compliment the 4-Piece PvE Set Bonus we get. Which might make Infusion not so useless of a skill.

It also does annoy me that Sorcs have a resource regen mechanic on Critical Innervates.

While Mercs can vent heat as soon as they get 30 CS count, ontop of the Vent heat.

Stim Boost is nice and all, perhaps at Talents that gives us 10 Energy on use?

Regardless, my Merc alts Mid 40's now though..

Edited by Danchou

I'm levelling a sorc healer now level 32... I will likely play this until Ops healing gets addressed.

The sad part is I only really play my Ops healer now because he has a full set of PvP gear and 600 and something expertise, and I don't really look forward to going through that gear grind again to become competetive.

However even at level 32 healing as a sorc in pvp feels so much more complete, you have SO many more options and the numbers are ridiculous. When my Ops healer was a similar level, or slightly higher, I was only healing around 150k in warzones, my Sorc has already broken 300k...