The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyrotech stat priority

creatineted

Hey guys I'm a fairly experienced lvl 64 valor rank pyrotech and have a bunch of battlemaster gear i recently stacked crit and surge enhancements my crit is around 27% and my surge rating is 90% does accuracy really make much of a difference? I am running around 93% and i rarely miss those crucial railshots, I can crit for 5k on them when i pop my power adrenal and power relic i was just wondering if maybe i should drop some crit for some power/surge enhancements? My damage is great I'm just curious what all of you guys think any feedback much appreciated!

Hey guys I'm a fairly experienced lvl 64 valor rank pyrotech and have a bunch of battlemaster gear i recently stacked crit and surge enhancements my crit is around 27% and my surge rating is 90% does accuracy really make much of a difference? I am running around 93% and i rarely miss those crucial railshots, I can crit for 5k on them when i pop my power adrenal and power relic i was just wondering if maybe i should drop some crit for some power/surge enhancements? My damage is great I'm just curious what all of you guys think any feedback much appreciated!

at 90% crit multiplier you need to drop some surge if you're going to drop anything.

Diminishing returns kick in HARD for surge at around 320-350.. which is about 86% or so.

Sitting at 90% is just wasting stats, IMO.. drop down to around 85-86% and stack power in place of it. Power is our best stat and suffers from no DR.

The Power/Surge enhancement from Agent/Smuggler Columi Enforcer headpiece is the best enhancement for us in the game, btw. Running Kaon is the easiest way to get these, 2 head slot drops per run. Don't go with an agent tho ;)

Its just so damn hard to drop surge when everything has it from 48 surge i gained 2.3% on my multiplier to bring me up to 89.4% i didnt feel that was too harsh i definitely wouldnt try and get any more but yeah i definitely want some more power i agree there just have to decide what enhancemens to drop i dont want to lose too too much crit just a tough decision thanks for the heads up on that columi gear

In PvP I run very very low Accuracy. I personally would rather have the chance at a higher crit than lower a chance of a miss. (I wouldn't recommend this at all with PvE though)

Everybody feels differently on the matter though so go with what you want really.

ok definitely not power last i know that for a fact and crit isnt as important due to my 4 piece bonus

Power is important depending where you are at your diminishing returns in Crit and Surge.

It's an overlooked stat, but it helpful to have some here and there.

If you're looking to dump some Surge in favor of Crit and Power since pretty much every Power/Crit Enhance also has Surge on it, might I suggest...

http://knotor.com/items/626581

Might be something to think about. Obviously if you're Pyro, the Shield Rating is a wasted stat, and the Endurance is low. But Power/Crit together is nice. I haven't seen another Enhancement with Power/Crit together. /shrug

EDIT: I just did some filtered searching on Enhancements, that's the only one in the game that is Power/Crit. I think I'm going to try a few out.

Edited by Sevvy