Servers down AGAIN tonight? You've GOT to be kidding..

Fodiddle

Also as an Australasian player (Yes I know it isn't "Officially" released until later this year but that's irrelevant considering we aren't locked out and digital purchasing) this is very inconvenient. I know EU have it worse but couldn't something as ridiculous as ILLUM valour wait until the next patch? Illum is already the worst PvP experience in MMO history, why would it require a valour fix that inconveniences 2/3rds of the player base?

P.S. I love the game, don't flame me kiddies.

Maybe if Bioware actually had premade characters or character copies for the PTR server we wouldn't have 2-3 maintenance days every week along with even more bugs being introduced every patch.

But obviously that's too hard of a concept. Let's just allow all of these bugs to go live along with other horrible changes (hello there, ability cooldown UI change).

Yeah, that's the basic gist of it.

Unfortunately, BioWare's ability to patch and maintain SWTOR is making the fiasco that SOE suffered with DCUO look good by comparison.

Really, BioWare, is it even possible to keep your servers up and running for more than 72 hours straight before you have to break . . . errrrr . . . patch, something else?

Ever consider timezones people?

I'm with the OP. I get back from working as an IT consultant and I notice that your SLA's are probably never met - I'd love to know what you've set for them? 70% - pretty ridiculous.

Maybe get your infrastructure - scalable, more centralised. That'd be a start.

This.

Ive got the day off from everything, get up, make myself some decent breakfast and get ready for a nice relaxing day of swtor.

BZT, wrong! Servers are down. Why does maintenance always have to happen at times like these :(

Edited by Isitme

well aside from you, most people finish work in the afternoon. most people play in the evening, and most people sleep at night.

Yea and you Americans are the only people on the planet as well right ?

Idiot.

Early afternoon here in Australia, probably worse for the EU players.

For you guys that it happens late at night for I can understand that it isnt a problem, and me being in a different time zone is my problem.

But what I have issue with is the amount of downtimes that could waited a day or two to be done with the normal weekly downtime... Oh an emergency patch to fix one little problem that didnt bother most players ? yea I can really see the emergency there.

The last week or two there has been what 4 or 5 downtimes that have made the entire day useless for me, and I pay for this ? meh..

End rant.. hurry up with the Australian servers and free transfers so I can fix the dodgy downtime issues and the horrid ghost town server issue's :)

It's not even the times that's really bugging me, it's that it's taking them 3 or 4 patches to fix one issue. I admit I don't know really anything about programming but it seems to me if you are sending out a fix to your entire player-base it should work or it shouldn't be sent out.

i dont mind the downtime im off to bed now anyways, but sometimes i wonder if they even play their own game, and test the raids, cus darn there are some wicked bugs in those that just doesnt get fixed, also the pvp fps issue... cmon, wanna see some real fixes not some random stuff

I just got all my arms and hit my emergency fleet so that my daily would count missed the turn in cause i was stuck in that damn loading screen >_< another daily wasted and more wz's to get more bags ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. god please fix this

Last time I checked global census, most people do not live in the USA.

Then how about some european companies create a decent mmo then?

And we will deal with primetime downtimes.

Don't like it , go play some crappy French game or something.

To the person who says that "most People" just work in the afternoon... Ummm wow you sure live a sheltered life... while you are playing and then sleeping many of us are working 10 - 12 hour shifts. I work 9am to 9pm 5 days a week Salary job...then have to drive an hour home, grab some dinner and then sit down to finally relax and have some gametime after a long day of work and 2 - 3 times a week the game is coming down in less than a hour. EVERYTIME it is the same schedule the same subscribers getting screwed out of our gametime. STOP catering to the east coast and rotate these damn Patchtimes or lose subscriptions from people who are losing 3 out of every 7 nights of the game time we are PAYING for. I love the game, but if i cannot play almost half the time I will find something else to play and give my hard earned money to.

Wow... just wow.

By your logic you shouldn't play on your computer because you know what? It's made in an Asian country. ****

this is crazy..

you have had SOOO many other mmo's come out to use as a guide line for this and its still fked up royaly.

4 hours down time to fix a little error on illum or a days down time to fix NOTHING... etc

id start first by fixing your current team, both customer service ( protocol droids as u call them) and your dev team, cause they cannot seem to get it right the first, second or third time...

test your so called patches befor you release them to us, make sure your one fix dosnt create 40 more bugs.. that require you to patch your patch, thus leaving us all with empty pockets and a unlaunchable game... atm it feels like 14.99/m for forum useage.. cause i get more out of this forum then i have game time..

and some other poster had it with, aslong as it dosnt affect the americans who are all asleep, fk the rest of the world... cause thats what it seems like as a aussie players.. and other players whos timezone is peak hour.. why not atleast alternate the patch times, so its not always the americans who sleep through a patch, make them have down time during peak hour...

bet you get 500 more threads then... about the same stuff were saying now!!

Absolute ********. Get off your high horse. You may be in a country trying to police the world and internet but when you create an MMO (MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE, fyi) and release it digitally to the WORLD you have to cater for the WORLD. Go eat some sludge meat Taco Bell or something.