Stop patching the bloody game!

Tsukuni

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll second, third or whatever on this. If you are going to patch, do it on regular maintenance day.

You guys are getting a lot of players irate because its multiple nights every week, the servers are going down. It coincides with 1am my time (MST), and I play evenings thru the night so its always a loss of game time. Same will be true of any N. American players that play at night. Historically in other games, its a fairly decent portion of players.

With the level of service disruption caused by the bad timing for the region (moving it 2-3 hours later would alleviate a lot of that as around 3-4 PST things wind down considerably) coupled with the number of times per week you guys are doing this, its going to start to cost clients. No matter how much one may like a game, when you get dumped off for half or more of your night, two or three times a week, and perhaps only have 2-3 nights that week to play - it gets to be an issue of whether or not its practical to play this game.

In over a half dozen MMOs I've never experienced this level of service disruption. Largely because they base their down time around the regions where the majority of clients on the servers are. Perhaps they want my business more.

lol.

BIOWARE THIS GAME IS BUGGY FIX STUFF!

BIOWARE THERES TOO MUCH DOWNTIME STOP FIXING STUFF!

/SUICIDE

Bioware, please fix this game and give us a weekly time when the servers will be down. That way, you keep the player base happy since they can plan around it.

Please, do not patch the game 4 times a week. Once is plenty, ty.

Why is it with this bloody game each week seems to have a update 24 or 48 hours later than the scheduled downtime? Can't the update wait to the next soddin scheduled downtime?

I can't help feeling I'm go to get a huge rebate soon :p

You want the game to be up, because you have not encountered any bugs that are either stopping you leveling your character, or that are breaking the warzones that you are (probably not) playing in.

If Bioware said "No, we are only releasing patches on a rigid weekly schedule so that players like Tsukuni can play", then anyone with a game-breaking bug or who has finished their leveling and is trying to progress through PvP warzones would complain about being unable to play for a week.

Either way, they piss off a large minority of the community.

No kills on Ilum were counting. Do you not understand how this affects people? You must not have a lvl 50. This is a major game stopping bug and is being addressed. Put your big boy underwear on and get over it.

So make an alt and wait a few days.

Everyone else does that while waiting.

Bioware, please fix this game and give us a weekly time when the servers will be down. That way, you keep the player base happy since they can plan around it.

Please, do not patch the game 4 times a week. Once is plenty, ty.

The game has NEVER been patched 4 times in one week. Its happened twice in one week for the second time now. Please try and stay in the realm of facts here ok guy?

Its a total of 16 hrs in one week. I cant help feeling like some people just like to complain.

When that 16 hours is 60 to 70% of time you have to play the game you may find it upsetting too. Not everyone has nothing else to do but play this game. Some of us work 12 hours a day and only have a few hours at night between 11pm and 3am to play the game. I don't like paying for something I can't use. Maybe you like paying for something that you can't use, don't know I'm not you.

Edited by profesr

The game has NEVER been patched 4 times in one week. Its happened twice in one week for the second time now. Please try and stay in the realm of facts here ok guy?

January 4th (regular patch)

january 4th (emergency patch)

January 5th (emergency patch)

January 6th (emergency patch)

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

4 times in 3 days.

Interestingly enough, all 3 of the emergencies were actually deserving of hotfixes (1 gamebreaker, 2 exploits)

Edited by DarthDemens

When that 16 hours is 60 to 70% of time you have to play the game you may find it upsetting too. Not everyone has nothing else to do but play this game. Some of us work 12 hours a day and only have a few hours at night between 11pm and 3am to play the game. I don't like paying for something I can't use. Maybe you like paying for something that you can't use, don't know I'm not you.

If I worked 12 hours a day I would pay for tons of stuff I dont use.

Your working 20 extra hours per week then the average American.

80 extra hours a month, 960 extra hours a year.

If your making just $5 then your getting 4800 - taxes more then average people.

Your rolling in money.

Edited by DespicableMan

When that 16 hours is 60 to 70% of time you have to play the game you may find it upsetting to. Not everyone has nothing else to do but play this game. Some of us work 12 hours a day and only a few hours at night between 11pm and 3am to play the game. I don't like paying for something I can't use. Maybe you like paying for something that you can't use, don't know I'm not you.

EXACTLY....

working people should have something to say...the ones who dont work and play 24 hours a day should ****

Its a total of 16 hrs in one week. I cant help feeling like some people just like to complain.

That's one way to look at it, but if you're an Aussie, and you have a job, it's 2 out of a maximum 7 nights of your playtime gone during any given week, and that has been 3 out of 7 on a few occasions.

No reason anything that isn't system critical should be updated on weekends, yet we have had numerous Friday/Saturday nights with unscheduled downtime.

Really it comes down to the fact that Aussies are the smallest player base so *********** us over repeatedly is deemed acceptable, but if you honestly expect us not to complain you should probably just cancel your Internet service, as things are only going to get worse for you....

"The Old Republic’s early success has been the quality and reliability of the game’s service, with servers being available for more than 99.5% of the time outside of scheduled maintenance." ©

:D

Read OUTSIDE of scheduled maintenance. So since launch we have had a grand total of 16 hrs unscheduled in almost a month. Sounds like 99% to me.

Nope, sorry.

AND

1.0.2a

Both released on 1/4/12

2 seperate downtimes.

Keep trying, though.

So you are saying Jan 4th was actually 2 days? Because if not hows that relevant at all? Again like I said before some people just arent happy unless they are complaining.