The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stop patching the bloody game!

Tsukuni

Why is it with this bloody game each week seems to have a update 24 or 48 hours later than the scheduled downtime? Can't the update wait to the next soddin scheduled downtime?

I can't help feeling I'm go to get a huge rebate soon :p

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it with this bloody game each week seems to have a update 24 or 48 hours later than the scheduled downtime? Can't the update wait to the next soddin scheduled downtime?

I can't help feeling I'm go to get a huge rebate soon :p

Its a total of 16 hrs in one week. I cant help feeling like some people just like to complain.

Its a total of 16 hrs in one week. I cant help feeling like some people just like to complain.

Yeah, like he has NO reason to. Go away.

I am not even concerned with being reimbursed. This is just wrong. Patch the game ONCE A WEEK. We do not need a patch every single time you figure something out. Some of us only have time to play at (12am PST) when they seem to always bring down the servers. Ever think about that???

Patch this game once a week. We have waited 2 months, another 4 days won't kill us.

I am not even concerned with being reimbursed. This is just wrong. Patch the game ONCE A WEEK. We do not need a patch every single time you figure something out. Some of us only have time to play at (12am PST) when they seem to always bring down the servers. Ever think about that???

Patch this game once a week. We have waited 2 months, another 4 days won't kill us.

He does have no reason to. They are fixing the game. You really think people at lvl 50 want to wait an entire week without being able to do anything? This is something that is a major game stopping bug for a ton of people. The servers go down at the SAME time all the time. I dont get what the issue is. So you cannot get on till midnight then oh well too bad for you. Most people can get on while the servers are up.

He does have no reason to. They are fixing the game. You really think people at lvl 50 want to wait an entire week without being able to do anything? This is something that is a major game stopping bug for a ton of people. The servers go down at the SAME time all the time. I dont get what the issue is. So you cannot get on till midnight then oh well too bad for you. Most people can get on while the servers are up.

post that first next time. Random ******** responses about people liking to complain does nothing for the better understanding of the people on the forums.

I know other people who just don't understand logic. Good luck with that.

We don't need patches everyday, mmmkay? Unless there is a GAMEBREAKING problem, it can be fixed when the player-base expects it. That way, there aren't problems.

He has every reason, as do the many others who I see complain about this.

I work weekends and every other day during the week 3rd shift so at night is typically my free playtime which is between 11pm est to 7am est twice now this week both days off work and haven't had a chance to play at all so yeah now I am kinda frustrated with this crap had to deal with it from DICE during the BF3 release now with SW:ToR seems to me EA rushes **** to quick.

As a matter of fact, we do need a patch when they figure out exploits. I'd much rather they patch an exploit quickly and inconvenience me (very) slightly than to just let it go for a few days to a week so that those doing the exploit can get a large advantage and inconvenience me more.

Or, I'd prefer they patch a game-breaking issue they've discovered in a timely manner rather than letting it sit and continue to break the game for people.

You make it clear that you don't give a crap about the game experience of others, only yourself. So what if this hotfix might fix the game for a thousand people? Why should they get their game fixed if it's going to inconvenience you for a couple hours? So what if perhaps this issue is going to close an exploit that may effect the entire community negatively? It's going to inconvenience you for a few hours, so everyone else should just suck it, right?

Didn't your parents ever teach you that you're not the center of the universe? You're just another person in the (very large) crowd playing this game. Your convenience is not more important than the experience for the community in general.

TL;DR: Get over yourself, you're not as important as you think you are. It's just a few hours, you'll survive.

Maintenence happens in the morning : OMG Y U DO THIS I JUST GOT UP N I HAVE TO PLAY

Maintenence happens in the evening: OMG DONT U KNOW I HAVE FULL TIME JOB AND CAN ONLY PLAY AT NIGHT

You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

You really think people at lvl 50 want to wait an entire week without being able to do anything?

They're fixing 2 quests.

There's far more to do at level 50 than 2 quests.

And not even regular quests. PvP quests, which a portion of the playerbase doesn't even care about.

Emergency Downtime should be reserved for just that, Emergencies. Not a "whoops, we screwed up the patching on tuesday. Again."

*** bioware you guys cant figure out how to fix your own game yet or what? i mean a patch every other night is getting really aggravating for ppl like me that only have late nights to game and ppl over seas. keep it to one night no point in paying monthly dues to play sometimes could just stuck with wow atleast i know when i would be playing.

I have never ever seen a MMO with such a high downtime, this is freakin amazing-

Bioware: "The servers are going down for 8 hours to patch the things on our patch list are:

Fix xp and valor in Illium"

Me: 8 hours? What are you remaking Illium, come the hell on it's called a hotfix- you suck Bioware.

Trolls: "Some people just like to complain DERP" and "Bioware is R the bestest MMO makerz"

I know other people who just don't understand logic. Good luck with that.

We don't need patches everyday, mmmkay? Unless there is a GAMEBREAKING problem, it can be fixed when the player-base expects it. That way, there aren't problems.

He has every reason, as do the many others who I see complain about this.

What part of game stopping for level 50s did you not understand?

They're fixing 2 quests.

There's far more to do at level 50 than 2 quests.

And not even regular quests. PvP quests, which a portion of the playerbase doesn't even care about.

Emergency Downtime should be reserved for just that, Emergencies. Not a "whoops, we screwed up the patching on tuesday. Again."

No kills on Ilum were counting. Do you not understand how this affects people? You must not have a lvl 50. This is a major game stopping bug and is being addressed. Put your big boy underwear on and get over it.

Seriously who the heck wants to buy a game u never know if you'll be able to play or not? and the TIME for patching is ridiculous.... either its friday evening when i actually have the time to play or it's in the eraly day which is my second chance to play, and TwiCE A WEEK? what the heck did i buy this game for?

to watch the server status page? i think not...

Note: i live in sweden so maybe patching isn't optimized for swedish game hours but heck, just patch the eu servers and us server different times at least.....

No kills on Ilum were counting. Do you not understand how this affects people? You must not have a lvl 50. This is a major game stopping bug and is being addressed. Put your big boy underwear on and get over it.

I've got 3 level 50s.

Don't care. I can wait to do my PvP until next week. I'd rather be playing now.

I have to agree, we just had a scheduled maintenance... Why didn't you fix it then? I only have a small amount of time to play which usually ends up being when there is a patch. I've set aside this time to play and end up watching some ****** TV instead because of a patch that couldnt wait until tuesday morning. Then I go back to work and can't play for an extended period of time... it gets frustrating.