What will happen to Bioware in case of failure?

Noirmorris

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Even before SWTOR, Bioware had serious internal problem. What do you think will happen if this project will fail?

Will Bioware follow the sad trend of this last 2 years that saw many software houses fail?

Who cares? They will end up where ever they deserve, the consumer base is not a caring one.

Hi. Even before SWTOR, Bioware had serious internal problem. What do you think will happen if this project will fail?

Will Bioware follow the sad trend of this last 2 years that saw many software houses fail?

if bioware fails, ea will assassinate all their employees and collect the life insurance policies on them all.

wasnt that obvious?

At this point I couldn't care less if Bioware fails. Mass Effect 3 is almost finished, and its supposed to finish the story. That is the only game I even played by Bioware that I liked. After that they can fall off the face of the earth for all I care.

At this point I couldn't care less if Bioware fails. Mass Effect 3 is almost finished, and its supposed to finish the story. That is the only game I even played by Bioware that I liked. After that they can fall off the face of the earth for all I care.

$20 Monopoly money say ME 3 turns out being garbage like Biowares last 2 games.

I don't think we have to use the terms "in case" or "if" in this context anymore...

1. Bioware has not failed with SWTOR. SWTOR is a success. aprox 1.7 million subs = obvious success. Even if 60% of those leave next money, EA says they will at least break even with 500k subs. The biggest dropoff comes with the first sub, and Bioware pulled through.

2. With the successes Bioware has had, they VERY likely arent going to have any epic fails anytime soon that bring risk to the studio.

3. If it fails hardcore, it will be defunct and SWTOR will be given to a different studio to manage. SWTOR will be around until at least 2020, so long as another Star Wars MMO doesn't replace it.

4. "What happens if Bioware fails" is really a question people should have (and they did) ask before the beta weekends. To ask this now doesn't make any sense.

You realize that Bioware is the creator of some of the greatest RPGs ever, right? Mass Effect 3 alone could keep this company in the black for ages, not to mention their other up coming titles. I know they are having some issues with this game, but this is just one game in Bioware's portfolio; a portfolio that any game developer would love to have.

1. Bioware has not failed with SWTOR. SWTOR is a success. aprox 1.7 million subs = obvious success. Even if 60% of those leave next money, EA says they will at least break even with 500k subs. The biggest dropoff comes with the first sub, and Bioware pulled through.

2. With the successes Bioware has had, they VERY likely arent going to have any epic fails anytime soon that bring risk to the studio.

3. If it fails hardcore, it will be defunct and SWTOR will be given to a different studio to manage. SWTOR will be around until at least 2020, so long as another Star Wars MMO doesn't replace it.

4. "What happens if Bioware fails" is really a question people should have (and they did) ask before the beta weekends. To ask this now doesn't make any sense.

Only one answer: Hype can't feed anything for 8 years. They had pre-ordering record, yes.

The fact is that if many ppl starts leaving, pre-orders are just useless. Even DC universe online had big hype at the beginning..now it's free to play.

And DC universe, in terms of ideas, had so much more to offer.

I predict, they will infect themselves with the Rakghoul disease, and begin hunting in large packs all across North America and Europe.

Given the staggering speed at which they are putting out patches, we can reasonably assume everyone on Earth will either be infected or eaten within one month.

Those making the most inane noises here on the forums will probably be the lucky ones, by being the first to be infected/consumed.

I hope this helps your speculations.

Edited by CaptRavenous

Nothing. Bioware exists only in name now. It isn't like Activision and Blizzard; EA calls the shots.

Edited by ShardTosk

I predict, they will infect themselves with the Rakghoul disease, and begin hunting in large packs all across North America and Europe.

Given the staggering speed at which they are putting out patches, we can reasonably assume everyone on Earth will either be infected or eaten within one month.

Those making the most inane noises here on the forums will probably be the lucky ones, by being the first to be infected/consumed.

I hope this helps your speculations.

Ofc it did..whenever the community fails like that the game follows. Fanboysm isn't good for games, understand it and you will see the games you love lives longer.

Isn't the *slurp slurp* on Dev's *** that makes things go better.

Only players can. ;)

Only one answer: Hype can't feed anything for 8 years. They had pre-ordering record, yes.

The fact is that if many ppl starts leaving, pre-orders are just useless. Even DC universe online had big hype at the beginning..now it's free to play.

And DC universe, in terms of ideas, had so much more to offer.

.... It has nothing to do with hype it has to do with the fact that common sense says this game will last awhile. There is basically a formula for MMO's success when you look at subscription numbers. The game started off with over 2,000,000. This is huge because it got a huge mass of people to buy it. Then it got a VERY HIGH churn rate of 1.7 million subs. MMO common sense says thats a success. The fact that this game needs less then a third of that to "break even" for Bioware/EA says a ton. The game will be a financial success and that really isn't being disputed. Will it generate 1 billion a year like WoW? Probs not. But THATS the debatable thing.

Common sense also says that Mass Effect 3 is going to generate a lot of revenue.

.... It has nothing to do with hype it has to do with the fact that common sense says this game will last awhile. There is basically a formula for MMO's success when you look at subscription numbers. The game started off with over 2,000,000. This is huge because it got a huge mass of people to buy it. Then it got a VERY HIGH churn rate of 1.7 million subs. MMO common sense says thats a success. The fact that this game needs less then a third of that to "break even" for Bioware/EA says a ton. The game will be a financial success and that really isn't being disputed. Will it generate 1 billion a year like WoW? Probs not. But THATS the debatable thing.

Common sense also says that Mass Effect 3 is going to generate a lot of revenue.

I spoke bout Hype because there are only 2 reasons for ppl that preordered: Star Wars TM and hype for "The final WoW killer".

What do you think will happen when the first will end the story and the second will see that actually this is a smallest sci fi version of WoW?

Ofc it did..whenever the community fails like that the game follows. Fanboysm isn't good for games, understand it and you will see the games you love lives longer.

Isn't the *slurp slurp* on Dev's *** that makes things go better.

Only players can. ;)

All the comments on how SW:TOR is "fail" I am seeing here were echoed in games such as Warcraft, Warhammer, Conan, and Champions when they first started. I took each of those games a year or more to start seeing improvements and have broken content fixed.

If those games can make it, Star Wars will too.

City of Heroes survived the cluster-duck that was the mission builder, where everyone started using it to power-lvl characters to max lvl within 30 minutes.

Star Wars is a diamond in the rough that just needs polishing. If this game doesn't improve after 6 months, I'd be suprised.

Edited by CaptRavenous

I spoke bout Hype because there are only 2 reasons for ppl that preordered: Star Wars TM and hype for "The final WoW killer".

What do you think will happen when the first will end the story and the second will see that actually this is a smallest sci fi version of WoW?

1. A lot of those pre-orders got to beta test/do beta weekends. If they realized they hated it, they would of cancelled.

2. Nobody but you is talking about stupid pre-orders. SWTOR KEPT 1.7 million subs for the first month. There was no big drop off, no mass exodus.

3. Everything your saying is based on immature opinions that ignore facts.

All the comments on how SW:TOR is "fail" I am seeing here were echoed in games such as Warcraft, Warhammer, Conan, and Champions when they first started. I took each of those games a year or more to start seeing improvements and have broken content fixed.

If those games can make it, Star Wars will too.

City of Heroes survived the cluster-duck that was the mission builder, where everyone started using it to power-lvl characters to max lvl within 30 minutes.

Star Wars is a diamond in the rough that just needs polishing. If this game doesn't improve by then, I'd be suprised.

Conan, Warhammer, Champions..they ALL failed. If you give SWTOR the same chances of that games I understand why you can't imagine failure.