Where does Bioware go from here

raptured

If I was in charge of expansions and such I would surely tone down the dialog stuff for future content.. Its way to time consuming to develop and at the end of the day I don't think its worth it.

I think they should focus on MMO stuff.. and with expansions just focus on the main characters story line rather than trying to make every boring little fetch quest an event. IMO putting so much dialog in the game no matter how good or not good it is waters down that aspect of the game. I like the Dialog stuff from 1-50 but from here on out they should tone it down and really put attention on the actual game mechanics.

I really like the game and its the first MMO since WOW that I have put this much time into a game. With that said where do you want Bioware to take future content and why?

"Where does BioWare go from here" you ask...

Chapter 11 I say.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was in charge of expansions and such I would surely tone down the dialog stuff for future content.. Its way to time consuming to develop and at the end of the day I don't think its worth it.

I think they should focus on MMO stuff.. and with expansions just focus on the main characters story line rather than trying to make every boring little fetch quest an event. IMO putting so much dialog in the game no matter how good or not good it is waters down that aspect of the game. I like the Dialog stuff from 1-50 but from here on out they should tone it down and really put attention on the actual game mechanics.

I really like the game and its the first MMO since WOW that I have put this much time into a game. With that said where do you want Bioware to take future content and why?

Looking at the game in this state, they will have their hands full for at least the next 6 months to get the core elements in the game working.

Their ambitous plans to "pump out" new content on very short terms, are mildly amusing.

No, apparently that is our responsiblility, and if we fail to test their product then it is our own fault.

Not like they are the "experts" or anything.

Well, at one point they claimed they didn't need any open beta from us because they had internal testers to do the job properly.

Try not to be overwhelmed by the Schadenfreude.

Well, at one point they claimed they didn't need any open beta from us because they had internal testers to do the job properly.

Try not to be overwhelmed by the Schadenfreude.

Actually, they said (rightly) that open betas are only about stress testing, NEVER about bugs and so on.

They had plenty of community testing, however.

Whilst I do understand what you are saying to a degree. I honestly feel that by touting dialogue as much as they have, Bioware have quite honestly created a benchmark (like it or not) that they are almost expected to live up to.

The fourth pillar as Bioware referred to, is the main selling point of this MMO, which sets it apart from the rest. The easiest and most direct way to comunicate this to players is through audible dialogue.

A great wall of text, is more likely to be skipped over by this generation hence the much used tl;dr acronym.

I honestly don't feel that ToR would have the same feel if storylines were a massive wall of text. I quite honestly don't see any other option.