The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Grappling hook works all the time

paladinjb

Grapple pulls people towards you and upwards. Often I've had pulls fail and put the enemy on an upper catwalk or bang their head on the roof and come crashing down, not moving an inch.

Grapple is far from perfect. The bugs will be very apparent in fact-paced PvP, especially Huttball with all of its catwalks, or against ranged mobs enclosed in a low-ceiling room in PvE.

Grapple pulls people towards you and upwards. Often I've had pulls fail and put the enemy on an upper catwalk or bang their head on the roof and come crashing down, not moving an inch.

Grapple is far from perfect. The bugs will be very apparent in fact-paced PvP, especially Huttball with all of its catwalks, or against ranged mobs enclosed in a low-ceiling room in PvE.

pretty much this. although ive had a few times where i would jump off a ledge, spin in mid-air, and grapple the ball carrier on the way down to knock him below the catwalks and grapple will move him a whole massive 5 feet.

if you are standing still or you are grapple a target above you, it works most of the time. the problem seems to occur when you try to grapple someone below you, thats when it fails 90% of the time.

that and in huttball once the BC gets onto the catwalk you can forget about grappling most of the time as your entire team will dump every CC they have into him preventing you from grappling. that is not quite grapples fault.

pretty much this. although ive had a few times where i would jump off a ledge, spin in mid-air, and grapple the ball carrier on the way down to knock him below the catwalks and grapple will move him a whole massive 5 feet.

if you are standing still or you are grapple a target above you, it works most of the time. the problem seems to occur when you try to grapple someone below you, thats when it fails 90% of the time.

that and in huttball once the BC gets onto the catwalk you can forget about grappling most of the time as your entire team will dump every CC they have into him preventing you from grappling. that is not quite grapples fault.

This. I rage all the time when people CC the ball handler to resolve when he is on the catwalks.

Remember kiddos, DONT STUN OR MEZZ THE BALL HANDLER UNLESS HE IS ON THE FIRE BURNER! The only CC you are authorized to use while he is not on the burner are knockbacks and pulls.