Epidemic of WZ afk'rs

_Pryor_

Has anyone else noticed the increasing number of people who run out of the WZ starting area and over to their favorite hiding spot then proceed to afk for the entire match. Leaving their team short handed for the entire match. I used to see it once every few days. Now it seems as though it happens every other match. Filled out a ticket only to get the automated response, and still see the same multiple offenders doing it. It sickens me....

Has anyone else noticed the increasing number of people who run out of the WZ starting area and over to their favorite hiding spot then proceed to afk for the entire match. Leaving their team short handed for the entire match. I used to see it once every few days. Now it seems as though it happens every other match. Filled out a ticket only to get the automated response, and still see the same multiple offenders doing it. It sickens me....

hiding spot?

LOL

they dont even hide on my server.

theres no punishment, even if ur reported

why try to hide it

hiding spot?

LOL

why try to hide it

Because if they don't hide, they'll be killed, then taken back to the starting area, then bounced. I flamed someone so much for it tonight, I believe I got reported.

Edited by _Pryor_

Well End Game is always a grind. But with how appetizing PvP loots are and how easy it is to grind it they figured that they'd do PvP in sole to get gear, not for the wins in PvP, if they win all good, if not they still get the WZ necessary to get the pieces eventually, hell this would be alot faster gearing up than doing HM Flash Points.

Do I blame them? No.

Is this fair on PvPer's? No.

Could this easily be fixed? Yea, easily, but I doubt they would, I mean if you make HM drop multiple pieces of Tionese gear it might make them think the other way, but Tionese gear is terrible, and since Champion gear is a lil harder to get (when I say lil I mean about 2 to 3 hours of farming possibly for a piece of Champion gear). So it needs a bit of balance but I think the balance is ruined anyway.

So, prepare for more AFK'ers and deal with it, if you get a group and they get a group with AFK think of it as 4v4 which sounds alot more fun ^_^.

hiding spot?

LOL

why try to hide it

I have reported quite a few of them.... and have not seen many of them since. Granted it takes a few days... but get a a few screenies as proof and report them. Bioware is punishing them in some way.

Besides reporting them... I usually let the opposing team know about them, and exactly where they are hiding. Generally, most players are understanding, as it happens on both sides, and are more then happy to get a free kill. If Im playing my Sorc I even drag em into the middle of fights just so they get killed and end up getting booted for sitting in the spawn area to long.

• 6 months later...
They need to have some kind of inactivity detection where if you dont move around enough, kill enough, protect, heal, defend ect you will be booted

Hey I just saw this post, and this is crazy, but thread started in February, so call me maybe.

Edited by Pistols