Honestly...

Gulthaw

Every step I do I found some horrible, painful things.

I'm trying to do the last Czerka quest in Tatooine (empire) and I've been killed a few times already by a couple of republic guys.

That, doesn't worry me. Even the fact that I'm 29 and they are 35 and 37, uooo big deal! You can kill me between the two of you! Congratulations, do you wanna a medal?

Whatever... the main problem is the respawn time. I'm almost in front of the instance door and I'm gonna run for it but the times are just awful.

First death - 10 seconds (ok)

Second death (a few minutes later) - 2 minutes (mmmh... let's say ok)

Third death (10+ minutes later) - 10 minutes

NO. I don't know who was the f****n genius but this is plain stupid. 10 minutes to respawn with the probe? Really?

"You can always respawn on onlygodknowshowfrigginfar"

Did I say I'm almost at the door?

I could understand those times if I was killed by mobs, well no but let's say I could.

But, on planet PvP? Are you friggin nuts?

Honestly, I'm beginning to get angry with this poor decissions; it looks like the guy/lady who took them has never played, ever.

It's actually 10 sec, 30 sec, 2 min, 10 min for the timers. And the fact that you even have the option AT ALL to rez in place without another person rezzing you is pretty awesome. So there's a penalty for constantly using it, who cares? Other MMOs have rez timers ALSO if you die constantly in too short a time frame AND you have to rez at the graveyard; you can't rez in place at all without help. If it really bothers you, rez at the med droid; it resets your in place rez timer.

edited for personal grammar fail

Edited by Lurkz

So you're complaining about PVP on a PVP server? What exactly did you think was going to happen? On top of that you keep reviving and getting killed by the same dudes? Errr...

Are you really complaining about respawn times when you get an instant on the spot revive? I mean for real?

If you can't handle or don't like being ganked- uhh roll on a PVE server maybe? I know that's pretty crazy thinking.

So you're complaining about PVP on a PVP server? What exactly did you think was going to happen? On top of that you keep reviving and getting killed by the same dudes? Errr...

Are you really complaining about respawn times when you get an instant on the spot revive? I mean for real?

If you can't handle or don't like being ganked- uhh roll on a PVE server maybe? I know that's pretty crazy thinking.

I love trolls! :D

They comment without even understanding, they just vomit whatever goes through their brains.

I'm complaining about the times, THE TIMES. The part where I said I didn't care if they killed me?

Nah, you didn't read that; you read two lines, grinned and start trolling.

P.S. Yeah, I know, don't feed them. I just can't keep it quiet...

It's actually 10 sec, 30 sec, 2 min, 10 min for the timers. And the fact that you even have the option AT ALL to rez in place without another person rezzing you is pretty awesome. So there's a penalty for constantly using it, who cares? Other MMOs have rez timers ALSO if you die constantly in too short a time frame AND you have to rez at the graveyard; you can't rez in place at all without help. If it really bothers you, rez at the med droid; it resets your in place rez timer.

edited for personal grammar fail

Almost all the games I've played had some kind of corpse running, except SWG... then you would appear on the clinical center (ouch!)

The thing is, this game HAS the probe and the medical.

I just think the times should be different if you've been killed by a person instead of by a mob.

I think the crux of his complaint is that open-world PvP deaths should not increase the rez timer.

As far as I can tell he is not complaining about being ganked, or about the rez timer from a PvE perspective, or any of that.

I can kinda agree with this point in the generic sense, because lots of people LIKE to revive continually, dozens of times if they want, and continue trying to fight; it's sort of what drives PvP. Being completely prevented from doing so by the escalating timer is a big kick to the open-world PvP groin.

tl;dr - getting killed in a PvP fight in open world should always just apply a static rez timer (say.. 1m?) to encourage continued PvP, rather than the escalating PvE rez timer it incurs now...

tl;dr - getting killed in a PvP fight in open world should always just apply a static rez timer (say.. 1m?) to encourage continued PvP, rather than the escalating PvE rez timer it incurs now...

Someone who understood my point! Thank you!

Almost all the games I've played had some kind of corpse running, except SWG... then you would appear on the clinical center (ouch!)

The thing is, this game HAS the probe and the medical.

I just think the times should be different if you've been killed by a person instead of by a mob.

Ah, sorry I missed the part where you commented on mobs vs other PCs. My bad. Not being one for open world PvP myself I can't really form a valid personal opinion, but I can see your point about wanting it different.

I love trolls! :D

They comment without even understanding, they just vomit whatever goes through their brains.

I'm complaining about the times, THE TIMES. The part where I said I didn't care if they killed me?

Nah, you didn't read that; you read two lines, grinned and start trolling.

P.S. Yeah, I know, don't feed them. I just can't keep it quiet...

You always have the option of instantly rezzing at the medical droid. Not much fun and maybe it is a short speeder hop back but it means you are less likely to be camped. The times also mean that there is no point camping you on a pvp server because who wants to wait for 10minutes for someone to be able to rez on the spot.

Death has almost no penalty in this game. Having to wait or rez at the driod isn't much of an issue.

Perhaps it might be better if you had made a suggestion about having no penalty if you are killed by another player or something. Just saying.