So Much Running

Phantu

I realize at lvl 25 you get a chance to jump on a speeder. How much difference in travel time is there and how does it work when you're driving through enemy filled zones? Or does it just teleport you to anther zone? The amount of running I've been doing and the fact that you can only use that shuttle skill once every 30 min is beginning to drive me nuts.

The speeders give you a chance to get away from enemies when you agro them by making you go faster (90, 100, and 110% faster for the 3 ranks of speeders). The higher the rank of speeder you have the easier it is to get away from enemies without getting knocked off. The strong, elite, and champion enemies have a greater chance to knock you off. With my rank 1 speeder it meant I could go past regular melee mobs without really worrying a lot (so long as I wasn't running right over them). Ranged enemies were still a problem and would almost always knock me off my speeder. My rank 3 speeder can easily go by groups of ranged enemies who open fire without getting knocked off. Elites will still knock me off on occasion, but I don't usually have a lot of problems with strong enemies.

it's not bad...the running that is. I've had plenty of other games where the areas are much much much much much bigger, and you cant have a mount until much later. Take AOC for example, you cant get a mount until 40 I think.

getting a speeder is nice, it does cut down on getting about. Just be mindful of the costs ( more so if you are the type who is typically low on funds) as training costs get just plane silly for those with low credit counts.