The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tanking survivability undocumented change?

Daltin

Yellow post said to talk about stealth tanking nerf in the hybrid spec nerf thread. These issues are completely different from that, so I will be posting in a new thread dedicated to figuring out what happened with survivability. I'm posting from mobile atm, so I will just paste my ignored concerns from the other thread.

I too notice a incredible increase in damage. 3 silver mobs would knock me dangerously low, and i'm talking 10% HP. 3 silver mobs in Directive 7's first 5 minutes are knocking a tank with 25k HP down to 2k as of today. Before, I'd never get knocked down below 15-20k.

Responses such as, "your healer is bad", "l2p" etc, are not warranted. The 4 of us run together on a nightly basis, clearing every HM we can in 5 hours. Been doing this for 2-3 weeks now, and tonight felt like I was tanking with greens on back in the beginning of January. I had to blow a Relic, cooldowns, and a rakata health potion just to stay alive.

I wasn't going to post on the forums today because I thought it may just be my imagination. However, others seem to be having this issue.

Nothing in the patch notes said anything about Sin tanking survivability taking a decline, only the improvement with Wither/Harnessed Darkness.

Will a yellow care to elaborate on any stealth fixes or unintended changes since the 1.1.2 patch went live? Thank you!

I might just be they upped the damage output of Hard Mode Flashpoint mobs. The first fight in BT with the 3 silvers and 1 elite, I (Madness Assassin) was downed in less than 2 seconds after using Death Field and pulling aggro on the 3 silvers, the Elite stayed on the tank.

I think the damage output of the Silvers in FPs are turned up to make the FPs more challenging and give healers some work to do as well as making us plan CCs before just pulling everything in sight. It also makes us have to focus fire and make sure the Silvers are never focusing on 1 squishy for long.