Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

JovethGonzalez

What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2  

3,457 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2

• They're good!
    • They're terrible!
    • I don't care either way.

Ah well, I cancelled my account... I guess I'll have to wait until March for the fix. It's not playable for me. All I do now is crew skills.

Well, sometimes off the game is good for my health I guess. Too bad I was enjoying this and my guild starts raiding this week. I was looking forward to join the operation on Sunday, but I can't now...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem is that he uses very loaded language and implies things he later denies. If you look throughout this thread and the original thread most of his posts spawn arguements because of this.

The issue arises due to the fact that I frequently post like I would if I were to talk with you in person. The problem is that all tone, gestures, and body language go out the window via internet dialog. What I say should be taken at face value, you don't need to try and read into my posts. :) I don't imply things, if I mean something I'll outright say it.

Edited by GamewizX

For a sentinel, this is bad, horribly bad. I just did my first WZ since patch and paid special attention to the bars - there were times when the ability was definitely available and up, and it was black on the bar. So it's unintuitive and also broken.

It's so bad, even though I have a full night of freedom from kids/work, I'm turning off the game and going to do something else.

I'm pretty much treating my Jedi Knight Sentinel as a World of Warcraft Paladin and facerolling. Additionally, there are so many freaking abilities, they won't all fit on the bottom bar, and because I play widescreen on 3 monitors and I can't adjust the !#@$%@!#$% UI because of the ARROGANCE of the devs, it's impossible to get to items in the side bars during combat. Unreachable or always greyed out/flashing/glowing, it doesn't matter. Punch everything and see what fires off, because the global cool down means you don't lose anything by hitting things in quick succession if they're not ready, though they *might* be ready, and just not showing it.

To say nothing of the server delays I've noticed that are STILL present, especially in low health situations. When a mob has me down to 9% health and doesn't do anything special, why do I go from 9 to 0, when I've been slowly whittled down the entire fight? Perhaps a combat log can shed some light on the situation on what's really going on, because my medpac sometimes won't fire off.

Which developer playtested this new UI Cooldown Effect and said, "Hey this is really good?!"

Why does my entire ability bar (s) flash when I enable my speeder?

I can only imagine what it's like as a Sith Warrior or Jedi Knight...ugh.

What wrong with putting a number (that counts down) for abilites that are "cooling", and simply grey out those that are unavailable due to range or target?

As a Jedi Sage, several of my power have a short recharge time and during a battle it is like:

Flash / Scrolling Effect

Flash / Scrolling Effect

Flash / Scrolling Effect

.... (You get the idea).

Highly distracting, annoying, and hard on the eyes as they keep getting drawn away from the action on the screen to the UI bar!

This poll is stupid. Most of the people voting on it probably believe the poll is:

"Do you think its easy to tell whats on CD?" Hence the 30% who like it. Thats not even the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the poll should say is:

"Do you like that ALL your abilites are black during GCD so that you dont know whats available to queue next?"

BW can not even do a simple polling of the forums correctly, yet alone design UI, and not have a dozen servers every single night with 15 people on the fleet at 9 pm.

Edited by Ushela

Let 3rd parties take care of the UI....

Support of end-user client modifications is something that must be built in to the game from the ground-up. HeroEngine is NOT designed for end-user modifications, something that BioWare AUSTIN obviously failed to account for with their initial design, or arrogantly decreed that they wouldn't allow it... either way, this is why we're having the issues we're having, because the devs decided that they wanted it their way, and no other way. Now, there is talk that they may be looking into what's reqiured to support end-user client mods... but I'm betting that's something that's going to take serious work and a major redesign.

This poll is stupid. Most of the people voting on it probably believe the poll is:

"Do you think its easy to tell whats on CD?" Hence the 30% who like it. Thats not even the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the poll should say is:

"Do you like that ALL your abilites are black during GCD so that you dont know whats available to queue next?"

BW can not even do a simple polling of the forums correctly, yet alone design UI, and not have a dozen servers every single night with 15 people on the fleet at 9 pm.

Yes because that wouldn't be a biased poll question at all. :rolleyes:

I want the GCD to get fixed as well, but this nonsensical.

I logged in..did 2 quest,got a minor headache.

very annoying flashing on my skillbars,all i do now is send my crew on missions then log out.

if this isn't fixed sooner than later,i might actually have to unsub for awhile even tho i enjoy the game. :cool: *sunglasses on*

Yes because that wouldn't be a biased poll question at all. :rolleyes:

I want the GCD to get fixed as well, but this nonsensical.

How is "Do you like that ALL your abilites are black during GCD so that you dont know whats available to queue next?" nonsensical? That is exactly how the game is right now for everyone, regardless of your opinion of the current UI.

I love it. I was getting tired of thinking my force stasis was up and a few other abilities to realize that it still has 5-10 seconds on it. this has eliminated that completely. please keep it :)

also I can't vote for it :(

Edited by baskynn

The flashing doesn't effect my health at all...no headaches after playing for about 3 hours last night. However, it is freaking annoying and ugly as all get out. Flashing constantly all the time? Wow. Who really sat down and thought hey this is a great solution? Really?

Still hate it, none of my abilities ever become live, I'm contantly guessing. Back to either of the last two iterations..

Also fix the abilities swapping, always end up with 7 of my lowest abilities in PVP as I'm a clicker not a pusher and in the heat of battle...

At the moment the game is the least appealing to me, I have to deal with these two newly introduced bugs.

STOP MESSING AROUND AND BREAKING THINGS!

I love it. I was getting tired of thinking my force stasis was up and a few other abilities to realize that it still has 5-10 seconds on it. this has eliminated that completely. please keep it :)

also I can't vote for it :(

You still have to guess (or mouseover) how much time is left. Numbers would be more effective. But this is not the issue people are having with the UI right now. Everything is constantly greyed out and there is an annoying flash all over your bars every 1.5secs.

Changes are definitely going to be made to the UI in response to initial feedback we received after the patch was deployed. (Very little feedback was received on the PTS Forum before the patch was deployed to the live servers, otherwise changes may have been made before the patch's deployment.)

The primary purpose of this poll is to get more accurate numbers on player sentiment. Threads are very helpful for us to get an immediate idea of areas that need attention, but accurate numbers as opposed to post counts help us present a more accurate picture of those affected (threads/post counts can easily be inflated by multiple posts from the same person, opposing points of view, and so on).

If you'd like to give us constructive feedback on changes to the UI and the global cooldown animations, we'd welcome that in this thread. Discussions about the poll or other aspects of development aren't appropriate.

Nobody wants to play on the test server. We are paying to play the game live. It's a new game. You will receive very little, if any feedback on your test forums.

All that said, the changes don't bother me at all.

Edited by Kourage

Things are too dark now. the outline is good.. highlighting that is. I like that part but most abilities are too dark.

Also, abilities are still suffering from overlap-cooldowns... which is to say that if I have a long cooldown on actionbar 5, my instant-ability or 4-second-CD ability on actiobar 1 will often show the wrong cooldown shading on it. That's always fun.

Ah well, I cancelled my account... I guess I'll have to wait until March for the fix. It's not playable for me. All I do now is crew skills.

Well, sometimes off the game is good for my health I guess. Too bad I was enjoying this and my guild starts raiding this week. I was looking forward to join the operation on Sunday, but I can't now...

This is completely irrelevant to the thread, subject and poll.

It's really a "Yes or No" sort of thing.

Support of end-user client modifications is something that must be built in to the game from the ground-up. HeroEngine is NOT designed for end-user modifications, something that BioWare AUSTIN obviously failed to account for with their initial design, or arrogantly decreed that they wouldn't allow it... either way, this is why we're having the issues we're having, because the devs decided that they wanted it their way, and no other way. Now, there is talk that they may be looking into what's reqiured to support end-user client mods... but I'm betting that's something that's going to take serious work and a major redesign.

Um... none of that statement is particularly correct.

Hero Engine has a trial, go try it out. The whole idea with the hero engine is the client is the world builder, with hero script you create content in the game while you're looking at it (and multiple designers can work on the same thing at once). That's sort of the definition of moddable. Now those are 'developer' versions of the client, not 'user' version of the client, but it's the same principles.

The trick is knowing what they need to keep turned off. Implementing LUA, which is the way EQ did this and sort of started the parade is another option. Actually implementing LUA in the source wouldn't be all that hard, you just have to write all your elements for it. The problem isn't implementing LUA or hero script particularly. It's knowing what you need to *disable* of those, and even a short exploit/bot could seriously break the game. When they were developing, as they've said in interviews, they actually have automated tools to play the game (sort of). Guess how many problems it would cause if you could do that on the live client?

Even completely rewritting the UI isn't as much of a project as it sounds like. They have all of the art already, most of the UI elements are fairly boring. But exposing a language to the playerbase... that comes with some risks. There are probably also legal issues, what if people copy author's wow mods? I'm sure lawyers are drooling at that one.

(Very little feedback was received on the PTS Forum before the patch was deployed to the live servers, otherwise changes may have been made before the patch's deployment.)

People gave up trying to help you patch this game when you don't take anyone's feedback seriously. Why you would have put in pts without giving level 50's or a vendor npc with the gear to test with.

Edited by JJJShmidt

You still have to guess (or mouseover) how much time is left. Numbers would be more effective. But this is not the issue people are having with the UI right now. Everything is constantly greyed out and there is an annoying flash all over your bars every 1.5secs.

Don't know what you're talking about, I don't have to guess anymore.

Poll closed, but here's my 2 cents.

I hate it.

When the bars are flashing on the global cooldown, I can't see what to cast next. Did my rocket punch (single highest threat ability) talent proc and finish the cooldown? If so, I want that next. With the flashing I have to wait until my screen stops puking before I can see that it's no longer on cooldown.