Champion geared Powertech PVP vrs Merc

Omega-one

I kinda feel sorry for you guys, I see your tracer spam over and over and over and over and over. I think it hits pretty hard, but easy to interupt.

are you guys doing well in WZs?

I have never lost to one of you, and I was regretting not going full dps merc spec long ago, now that i am Powertech, pryo it is just alot of fun with the amount of character control i have, i am a bit squishy at times, but you mercs always seem to be (sorry) bottom of the barrel.

just me? (level 53 Valor, many Wzs under my belt)

I play gunnery commando (arsenal merc equivalent.) Or maybe the term is played since I do more and more assault PvP now (BOOM says the 3.5k HIB).

Anyways, it's pretty much like this.

If a good gunnery/arsenal player is up against pugs, they will destroy. I mean, come on, even in the 1-49 PvP bracket you can get crits as high as 4k with your 31 point ability. It's even worse if you're a BM geared guy up against a new 50 in all greens.

If a good gunnery/arsenal player is up against a premade who knows what they're doing, they will get focused down. The damage they do while freecasting simply can't be ignored. I got the 300k damage medal at level 41 in a voidstar match that took the full 12 minutes. The only reason I did was because nobody focused on me. At all.

With the correct use of knockbacks, melee can be kept off of you pretty reliably (using concissive charge while surrounded by people on the bridge of voidstar anyone? :) but a good melee player who does an effective job of staying in range will smash you.

Overall, I feel like gunnery/arsenal players who are good (i.e: don't just use tracer missile/grav round) will kill pretty much anybody they get the drop on unless the other guy is better geared or knows how to use interrupts and line of sight.

Unfortunately, as players get smarter and smarter, I find myself relying on assault more and more. More consistent damage, easier to hold nodes with, even better burst if lined up right (assault plastique, HIB, And FA all going off at the same time HURTS), and more mobility.

You know what the funny part is? I've reached 300k medal during voidstar on my lvl23 gunslinger... And it was so much more easier than with my merc(if compared to when he was lvl 49).

I mean the damage is almost the same, but with no dead give away like TM and a lot more survivability.

I kinda feel sorry for you guys, I see your tracer spam over and over and over and over and over. I think it hits pretty hard, but easy to interupt.

I have never lost to one of you, and I was regretting not going full dps merc spec long ago, now that i am Powertech, pryo it is just alot of fun with the amount of character control i have, i am a bit squishy at times, but you mercs always seem to be (sorry) bottom of the barrel.

Yes we are doing very well in WZs. Its funny how you "have never lost" to a Merc. 53 alleged levels and not once lost to a Merc?

Contrary to popular belief, interrupting a tracer missile does not grant you a free kill. At the very minimum you will be stunned or Unloaded on while tracer comes back.

Even if you were lucky enough to interrupt Tracer while every other attack is somehow on cooldown, we can just PvP-Medpack > PowerSurge+Heal > Kolto Overload > Shield > Relic > Adrenal > Continue Fighting

I won't even use knockback because I don't want you to run away

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Yes we are doing very well in WZs. Its funny how you "have never lost" to a Merc. 53 alleged levels and not once lost to a Merc?

Contrary to popular belief, interrupting a tracer missile does not grant you a free kill. At the very minimum you will be stunned or Unloaded on while tracer comes back.

Even if you were lucky enough to interrupt Tracer while every other attack is somehow on cooldown, we can just PvP-Medpack > PowerSurge+Heal > Kolto Overload > Shield > Relic > Adrenal > Continue Fighting

I am sure i have lost before, just being dramatic, i was drinking at the time of this post.

I'm an Arsenal Mercenary with 2 pieces of BM gear. We get owned by a lot of classes with equal gear and equal skill level. PT's own Merc's in pretty much every aspect except crowd control and crowd DPS.

If you're an Arsenal Mercenary and you're going into PvP thinking that you can solo anyone, then you're playing the wrong class.

One does not make a free kill no, but the fact that if i get the drop on you I can stop you casting tracer for ~20s which gives me more than enough time to kill you or at the very least put you at such a severe health deficit that your not closing the gap.

Quell > Carbonize > Quell > Electro Dart > Quell. If you throw a knockback in there I can always wait till you try and cast again and grapple for an extra interrupt as well.

Without it you just lose to much damage from not only tracer itself but also the extra damage on rail shot, unload and heatseeker.

However the opposite is also true. If you get the jump on me and get even 2 casts its generally to much for me to close the gap unless I get some spectacular PPA RNG.

I am sure i have lost before, just being dramatic, i was drinking at the time of this post.

LOL nice!

I'm an Arsenal Mercenary with 2 pieces of BM gear. We get owned by a lot of classes with equal gear and equal skill level. PT's own Merc's in pretty much every aspect except crowd control and crowd DPS.

If you're an Arsenal Mercenary and you're going into PvP thinking that you can solo anyone, then you're playing the wrong class.

I go into PvP thinking I can solo anyone. Obviously I can't, but a good percentage of the time I come out on top. Doesn't hurt to think positive.

And I disagree that we get owned by a lot of classes. Maybe we die now and then, but getting owned doesn't really happen anymore once you reach a certain point.

Why does everybody lump mercs into TM spamming stationary turrets? I've been pyro since level 35 or so and LOVE it. I regularly solo TM mercs or equiv. troopers just by kiting them around obstacles, I have found even with subpar(or so) gear i can often win a 1v1, definitely not every time, but often enough for me to be happy with my dps. I only think about switching to TM spam for PVE.

Is this thread for real? I'm probably the most geared/best dps powertech on my server and I had to spec myself perfectly to get it so I can do better damage than the best dps merc on my server.

In matches where we both have decent heals, we both do insane damage. I can kill him and he can kill me but it seems like he does a little more dps with half the effort. I can tell I have much more utility than him but I've seen him instagib even decent geared players.

I'm smashing the hell outta everyone right now as a pyrotech but I don't see how I'm deadlier than a merc besides the fact I have more mobility.

i have 50 comando and 50 vanguard.

the comando go 60% rakata 40% columini(i use pve for pvp yes)

the vanguard go with 40% champion 30% centurion rest columini

with the comando as gunnery i usually have 400k-600k on voidstar

with the vanguard(i have full tank equipment so it isnt 100% acurate)i have tryed every spec and i cant go more than 200k-300k

i have 50 comando and 50 vanguard.

the comando go 60% rakata 40% columini(i use pve for pvp yes)

the vanguard go with 40% champion 30% centurion rest columini

with the comando as gunnery i usually have 400k-600k on voidstar

with the vanguard(i have full tank equipment so it isnt 100% acurate)i have tryed every spec and i cant go more than 200k-300k

The tank gear is your problem, 400-600 dps geared isnt that difficult