Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Swtor "armory"

DarthZail

Do you think Swtor will have something similar to WoW's armory? I'd like to be able to link my in game characters to my friends to show off my gear/achievements.

I don't think they will. Especially since there will be no achievement system like there is in wow. No 'points' to show off.

The current Codex is the achievement system.

I don't think they will. Especially since there will be no achievement system like there is in wow. No 'points' to show off.

I didn't mean achivements like WoW. I just meant things like, beating flashpoints, getting gear, operations etc.

• 3 weeks later...

well, you can showw of gear then? or PVP ratings?

It's just cool to show your character to your friends innit?

Achievements were not in WoW when the Armory first launched btw.

The basic ideea is also for char inspection. Meaning, talents, gear, 'achievments' as a tool for guild recruitment not only 'show off to a friend'. Or even 'learning', to see how others have chosen their gear and talent builds.

At least in WoW that was one of the 'serious' uses of Armory.

• 1 month later...
and also in wow the main reasons why it was so hard to get into a raid because most people would just get ignore or replaced for someone with +1dmg over them... hope they dont bring it out, and i hope they dont bring out no damn stupid arse dmg meter for the kool cids...

The basic ideea is also for char inspection. Meaning, talents, gear, 'achievments' as a tool for guild recruitment not only 'show off to a friend'. Or even 'learning', to see how others have chosen their gear and talent builds.

At least in WoW that was one of the 'serious' uses of Armory.

Just what we need. Guilds rejecting members because they don't have the right gear.

well, you can showw of gear then? or PVP ratings?

It's just cool to show your character to your friends innit?

Couldn't just asking your Valor level and right-click inspecting your character serve the same function?

I can't imagine they'd want to know what kind of pants you're wearing if you weren't around or something.

• 2 weeks later...
and also in wow the main reasons why it was so hard to get into a raid because most people would just get ignore or replaced for someone with +1dmg over them... hope they dont bring it out, and i hope they dont bring out no damn stupid arse dmg meter for the kool cids...

Damage meters and combat logs are a must if TOR wants any type of high-end raiding community. My advice for you would be to not suck.

Bioware seems to have the attitude of keeping the hardcore data a mystery to promote a better gameplay environment and I personally agree with it.

I don't think we will be getting a WoW armory type of service for players, but I could see them adding more guild support for guild fan sites.

Bioware seems to have the attitude of keeping the hardcore data a mystery to promote a better gameplay environment and I personally agree with it.

I don't think we will be getting a WoW armory type of service for players, but I could see them adding more guild support for guild fan sites.

They're expressly stated that that's not their policy and implied that theys too dumb to gets it to work.

They're expressly stated that that's not their policy and implied that theys too dumb to gets it to work.

Yeah, they are too dumb...

MMO's are some of the most sophisticated and complex processing systems that mankind endeavors to run.

Yeah, they are too dumb...

MMO's are some of the most sophisticated and complex processing systems that mankind endeavors to run.

I didn't say they're too dumb, they did (via implication).

And MMOs aren't very complex compared to plenty of things, governments for example or the global monetary system.

• 1 month later...

The armory for me would serve only one purpose.. To look at my other chars what they had as crew skill and what they can make for my friends and myself.

In WoW I had the addon altoholic for this, but I really hope we can block the addons from this game.

End-raid WoW isnt PvE anymore, it is nowadays addon vs enviroment.

So, no for addons.. but some sort of armory for the alts, yes pls.

The armory for me would serve only one purpose.. To look at my other chars what they had as crew skill and what they can make for my friends and myself.

In WoW I had the addon altoholic for this, but I really hope we can block the addons from this game.

End-raid WoW isnt PvE anymore, it is nowadays addon vs enviroment.

So, no for addons.. but some sort of armory for the alts, yes pls.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character

Do you think Swtor will have something similar to WoW's armory? I'd like to be able to link my in game characters to my friends to show off my gear/achievements.

That alternate to this is aholes linking the profiles of average players (who make up 90% of the playerbase) and screaming "YOU SUCK!!!!!" and linking their profiles on public forums.

No thanks. Even when I played WOW I didn't use the armory. Who cares who has (and don't have) useless virtual shinies. That's even worse and more shallow than showing off real life "gear."

• 2 weeks later...
Other than showing off your gear, wow armory has wide range of other use cases, which would be really useful even for average SWTOR player (that includes remote auction, built-in talent calculator, sources for gear e.t.c

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.