Artifice, Cybertech and the rest...

Excerebrose

Dear developers,

I have rescently gotten my Cybertech to 400 and got a bit disappointed that the highest my trainer could give me is lvl 49 schematics. I have read a bit around the forum and been told that lvl 50 schematics can be obtained from daily quests/commendations.

All this is fair enough and very well thought of, but... There is a but, what about Ops. do they drop schematics yet? Is it on the drawing table to have bosses drop schematics or do they already have a chance to drop these?

I havn't been able to find anything that states Ops. bosses drop schematics and if thats true its a bit disapointing to be honest, because, why bother spend money on a skill where the stuff you can learn is easily outmatched with what you can get in an Ops.?

All in all I hope you have a plan for this (or if I have missed this "plan" already coming to play/being in play, I am truly sorry).

So I beg of you to think about why to have Crew Skills in the game, if its a trade that renders completely useless for end-gamers, which will in the end, dominate the population... (sorry for the harsh words) =)

Sincerly,

a big fan.

why bother spend money on a skill where the stuff you can learn is easily outmatched with what you can get in an Ops.?

Crafting in a theme park raid-oriented mmo is not meant for gear progression at the end-game. Love it or hate it, that's the way it has to work. Otherwise, what would be the point of raiding?

I'm not saying I like it. In fact I despise raiding and think it's a terribly boring and outdated mmo mechanic. I'm just saying that's the way it is in this game.

Edited by Marlaine

Crafting in a theme park raid-oriented mmo is not meant for gear progression at the end-game. Love it or hate it, that's the way it has to work. Otherwise, what would be the point of raiding?

I'm not saying I like it. In fact I despise raiding and think it's a terribly boring and outdated mmo mechanic. I'm just saying that's the way it is in this game.

A viable solution to this would be to have specific crafting materials drop/appear in raids only and the schematics requiring a good amount of those.

That way you can craft potent gear and you'd still have to do the more or less tedious and repetitive raiding part that everyone loves so much. not.

And if these materials are NOT bound on pickup, one could go and give them to their favorite and trusted crafter (alt) to process into something useful.

Or sell them. $.$

A viable solution to this would be to have specific crafting materials drop/appear in raids only and the schematics requiring a good amount of those.

That way you can craft potent gear and you'd still have to do the more or less tedious and repetitive raiding part that everyone loves so much. not.

And if these materials are NOT bound on pickup, one could go and give them to their favorite and trusted crafter (alt) to process into something useful.

Or sell them. $.$

If the items produced are bind on pickup, I don't even consider that crafting. Might as well just have the item drop from a boss rather than making you go through the hassle of collecting the schematic and components.

If the items produced are bind on equip, then the raiders will throw a fit as you could get equivalent gear without stepping into a raid.

Bottom line is crafting is just simply incompatible with raiding.

And what would be the issue of allowing crafters to obtain said raid loot schematics and have them require rare ingredients that only drop in raids? Someone still has to raid to get those gears, just doesnt have to be the person that actually uses it.

This still allows for viable crafting to compete with raiding without requiring everyone to raid to obtain that gear.

Rakata stims/adrenals for Biochem are a prime candidate. If Exotechs took crystal allows to make and were reusable or had limited reuses (like say 50 uses) then the "need" people feel to roll biochem would be greatly alleviated, those items would be accessible to all and they can go back to add in some BOP implant for the actual biochem perk along the lines of other crafting professions.

Bottom line is crafting is just simply incompatible with raiding.

I still would like to see a game that actualy put their crafting skills to good use... Why bother really if you can get better either from PvP or PvE. because lets face it, no matter how you play the game you will end up doing either or both of these and then whats the point really with the crew skills?

I dunno, for soloing content or perhaps in small heroic groups, like say maybe 2+ or doing a heroic + 4 with 3 players + companion, being able to craft stuff that gives you augmented gear to put presence augments into, or making gear with presence.

Just yesterday I got rly lucky, I RE about 5-10 blue strength implants and recieved the leadership one which added +50 presence. It's not unthinkable to think that a full augmented player with presence gear and augments could make a very strong if not godlike companion in whichever role you may require. Especially if same said companion also has relevant augmented gear. I have no idea for how much I could sell them, considering my server is rather low pop, but I can always sell/give them away to my alts/companions on alts, friends and guildies.

I'll admit though artifice and cybertech in that regard is rather meh, you could make purple enhancements and mods eventually I suppose, but the augment stuff are on the gear making crew skills.