No Knockback Ability

LifeOfMessiah

You get force camo. L2p and stop bytching.

oh yeah..wow...force camo....whoopdeedoo. 4 seconds sure is a lot of time. I probably wouldn't complain if it was bumped up to 12 seconds, and dropped aggro, like some other stealth abilities, but Force Camo in its current state is worthless.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 seconds don't get u very far lol. would gladly give camo up for the shove like a shadows got, 4 sec, plus AoE attacks equal not to good of a chance. Senti have to rely on biochem for heals in the heat of a fight, unlike merc's ability to heal/take the dmg they receive. No balance for bioware in pvp. Although they did make a kick azz theme based game.

I approve of this message LOL

Being given a knockback doesn't help if you have been knocked off?

Instead, how about giving a knockback resist based skill/talent, after all, we can't knockback but are Melee based.

I agree. Our Force Leap should have a shorter cool down so it becomes effective at becoming a good counter for a knockback. As it is though, it's as Lomerell said

1. Leap to target.

2. Be knocked off.

IS LEAP UP?

3A. No: Chase target until leap is back up.

3B. Yes: Leap to target.

4. Goto #2.

Force Leap takes so long to cooldown, that while chasing a guy today in Huttball, he was able to grab TWO heals then kill me. DPS is worthless if you can't get to the guy.

Being given a knockback doesn't help if you have been knocked off?

Instead, how about giving a knockback resist based skill/talent, after all, we can't knockback but are Melee based.

We need something that helps us escape tight situations, especially in PvP, where Sentinels are picked off left and right. An AoE knockback, or giving us a longer Force Camo that actually drops aggro, allowing us to escape, is desperately needed.

1. Walk to target; use force camo if you are worried about getting shot along the way

2. Attack soon to be dead victim.

3. They attempt to knock you off, but you use force leap in mid air and get right back in their face.

4. They stun you; you use resolute.

5. They are now screwed; completely, totally screwed.

6. Kill them.

You obviously don't play sentinel. Force Camo only lasts for four seconds, so it's worthless as a sneak attack.

You also cannot use force leap during a knockback. It never works.

Resolute has a LONG cooldown, so in PvP, they stun you, you use resolute, then they use something that lowers your speed, then you can't catch them until your force leap comes back, and by that time, their stun is ready again, and your resolute is STILL on Cooldown.

Its not really that we "need" a knockback as a Sentinel. Its more along the lines of from an RP standpoint there is 0 reason we shouldnt have it. In all honesty ALL jedi should get some form of force push...other than weilding a lightsaber, force push is like the most known ability jedi's have.

But not every Jedi could manipulate the Force through telekinesis...

They only could through absorption of either Force energy or Energy weapons and other erroneous power.

How about a Force Absorption ability that removes knockdowns and gives you Force Power (for the little bar under your health). Basically an "I AM GOD" button that lasts for about 10 seconds.

Everyclass has either a pull or a knockback, ours is just a "reverse pull" it's called force leap and it completely closes the gap.

Let me put it to you plainly.

On my team are 5 sentinels. On the enemy position are 2 Sorcerors.

Since Leap is our focus opener, standard procedure is to LEAP into the fray, to close the distance because, hey, while we're RUNNING to the target, we're useless. 100% useless. (Meanwhile, the sorcs can pound us at range.)

But suppose we don't. Suppose we take YOUR advice and use Leap as a "reverse push", meaning, let's save it for AFTER we get pushed.

AOE pushes us off. One spell incapacitates ALL FIVE of us sentinels. But that's okay, we remember your immortal wisdom: We all leap back, close the gap 100%...assuming we can each resolve Line-of-Sight in 0 seconds (unlikely).

The other Soc then burns his aoe knockback. We're all knocked off again.

Two pushbacks versus 5 closers. Who wins?

Meanwhile, both of them are ranged. All of us are melee. Who wins?

Outnumbering the enemy by > 200% our closer is STILL worthless. Savvy?

No, of course you don't.

How about a Force Absorption ability that removes knockdowns and gives you Force Power (for the little bar under your health). Basically an "I AM GOD" button that lasts for about 10 seconds.

I'm gonna have to disagree with this. Sounds too much like a pally bubble from that other MMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullwrath

1. Walk to target; use force camo if you are worried about getting shot along the way

2. Attack soon to be dead victim.

3. They attempt to knock you off, but you use force leap in mid air and get right back in their face.

4. They stun you; you use resolute.

5. They are now screwed; completely, totally screwed.

6. Kill them.

You obviously don't play sentinel. Force Camo only lasts for four seconds, so it's worthless as a sneak attack.

You also cannot use force leap during a knockback. It never works.

Resolute has a LONG cooldown, so in PvP, they stun you, you use resolute, then they use something that lowers your speed, then you can't catch them until your force leap comes back, and by that time, their stun is ready again, and your resolute is STILL on Cooldown.

I try to help you and you insult me. Nice. Let me try one more time.

Your specific problem with our class seems to be huttball, and getting knocked off the scafolding into the pits.

I am telling you that one-on-one this should never happen and should result in a kill for you 100% of the time unless the ball carrier stops to kill you and succeeds.

1. You are talking about the watchman spec and yet seem not to know how freaking AWESOME force camo is, so let me explain in detail: you have a talent in the watchman tree called force fade that makes this ability a 100% damage reducer for 4 seconds. This means that if you use it as a closer against a ranged class they can't damage you while you approach. It's not to get a "sneak attack" off, it's to close distance quickly without getting shot.

2. Open up on your enemy using a combo that will get your burns going. This will vary based on how much focus and centering you have.

3 Be ready for the knockback, if possible stand so that you are not between them and the edge, it's possible that you might not even be knocked off the platform at all, *but even if you do* as long as you are able to face them (*not* below the platform),and in range, and not stunned, you *can* force leap back to them.

4. It's true that resolute has a long cooldown. If it's on CD, you might get stunned, but the ball carrier will by no means escape you during this time.

5. Your target is now unable to get you off him

6. Kill him. Again, one-on-one, in close quarters, there should be nothing to stop this.

I *do* play a sentinel. I'm sorry you are having a hard time with it. I feel like the Angel of Death in warzones. I am trying to help you and others like you who are having problems with this class.

As for the other guy who mentioned that WZs are *not* one-on-one affairs. That is a fair point, but again if 5 of you *all* get knocked off TWICE in a row by 2 inquisitors, I will still argue that you are making a positioning/teamwork error (to put it kindly) and you deserve to get scored on.

Edited by Bullwrath

I try to help you and you insult me. Nice. Let me try one more time.

Your specific problem with our class seems to be huttball, and getting knocked off the scafolding into the pits.

I am telling you that one-on-one this should never happen and should result in a kill for you 100% of the time unless the ball carrier stops to kill you and succeeds.

1. You are talking about the watchman spec and yet seem not to know how freaking AWESOME force camo is, so let me explain in detail: you have a talent in the watchman tree called force fade that makes this ability a 100% damage reducer for 4 seconds. This means that if you use it as a closer against a ranged class they can't damage you while you approach. It's not to get a "sneak attack" off, it's to close distance quickly without getting shot.

2. Open up on your enemy using a combo that will get your burns going. This will vary based on how much focus and centering you have.

3 Be ready for the knockback, if possible stand so that you are not between them and the edge, it's possible that you might not even be knocked off the platform at all, *but even if you do* as long as you are able to face them (*not* below the platform),and in range, and not stunned, you *can* force leap back to them.

4. It's true that resolute has a long cooldown. If it's on CD, you might get stunned, but the ball carrier will by no means escape you during this time.

5. Your target is now unable to get you off him

6. Kill him. Again, one-on-one, in close quarters, there should be nothing to stop this.

I *do* play a sentinel. I'm sorry you are having a hard time with it. I feel like the Angel of Death in warzones. I am trying to help you and others like you who are having problems with this class.

As for the other guy who mentioned that WZs are *not* one-on-one affairs. That is a fair point, but again if 5 of you *all* get knocked off TWICE in a row by 2 inquisitors, I will still argue that you are making a positioning/teamwork error (to put it kindly) and you deserve to get scored on.

First off, I was not insulting you. I was telling you how reality actually works.

Second, this isn't just in Huttball, but also Voidstar, Civil War, and the open-world PvP areas.

Third. All that you are saying sounds great in theory, but only in theory. When it comes to real world application, it doesn't work.

1. In ANY PvP, you are almost never in one-on-one situations. I can count on one finger the amount of times that I've managed to get another player in a one-on-one situation, and it amounted to nothing but a kill....FOR THE OTHER PLAYER! Why?

I force leap, he just hits me with a crippling ability and starts walking away. I hit Resolute, which brings me back to normal, by that time, he's grabbed health. My force leap still in CD, I do force stasis to close the gap. I hit him a few times, before he knocks me back, which AGAIN, slows me down. I force leap to close the gap again, but i'm still slowed, so he just runs away and grabs another health. ALL THIS TIME I AM CHASING HIM, he is hitting me (since he is ranged) and there is nothing I can do, because his knockback/stun/slow ability has a shorter CD than my resolute or force leap, which make them both worthless. Any other sentinel (except you obviously) could relate to this situation.

And, no, Force Camo is completely useless in PvP, even with the 100% damage decrease, BECAUSE it only lasts four seconds, which is NOT enough time to get away in any situation. Make it 10-12 seconds, and then we can talk about using Force Camo. Until then, it's a junk ability, just like Guarded by the Force and Rebuke.

2. As watchman spec, all my combos are started off with a burn and focus building abilities. Searing Saber, Zealous Strike, Cauterize usually my openers (after I force leap if I need to)

3. You can't be ready for a knockback in the heat of battle, and especially when there are MORE THAN ONE PLAYER with a knockback. Even if I position myself so that I am not knocked off a platform by the player I am chasing, it is inevitable I will be knocked back by an opponent off-screen (which happens 9 times out of 10)

4. Of course he's going to escape. What are they gonna do? stand there with there thumbs up there butt waiting for me to get out of CC so that i can kill them? You must have idiots for opponents.

5 & 6. See the situation in 1, which happened exactly that way just the other day, and it ticked me off something fierce, because finally I had someone in a one-on-one situation, and I couldn't touch him, because of all his stinking CC, and I had nothing to counter his CC with, except one ability that has a two minute CD (not sure what actual CD is, just know it's long)

BTW, there is no such thing as close quarters in PvP. It's all wide open, even if it doesn't appear to be. The other player ALWAYS has a way to escape, period.

Again, this is not an insult to you. Your words all sound great on paper, but fails in real-world application.

I play a Sentinel too, but i feel the game is quite balanced, for me i'm Combat spec, and what i will do is always pick off the weaker targets, we have a lot of rooting abilities, for example statis, saber throw, and master strike, those can be quite effective if you ask me, and PVPing is not about solo kills, not to mention that we have a few aoe attacks, and a aoe stun, yes its 6 secs but in that 6 secs we can deal major damage. Its a team effort in PVPs, if they are all aiming the sentinel means they know how dangerous we can be. and our team members can kill.

I do agree that the sentinel will need some minor buff or something, the knockback immunity ability would be a good start, but when it comes down to it. we are quite capable of dealing massive damage.

Force push sucks. There is a slight delay on it because it is actually a projectile that you throw at an enemy. Because of said delay, your target has to be standing still in order for u to push them to a specific area like the fire traps.

I would give up force push in a second to get a vanish. You have no idea how many times I've almost killed maruaders to have them vanish on me and escape. Then since I can't see them but they can see me, they can reopen our fight with a leap which gives them a huge advantage.

I get knocked off bridge and ramps all the time in WZs. Having force push makes no difference.

1. In ANY PvP, you are almost never in one-on-one situations. I can count on one finger the amount of times that I've managed to get another player in a one-on-one situation, and it amounted to nothing but a kill....FOR THE OTHER PLAYER! Why?

I force leap, he just hits me with a crippling ability and starts walking away. I hit Resolute, which brings me back to normal, by that time, he's grabbed health. My force leap still in CD, I do force stasis to close the gap. I hit him a few times, before he knocks me back, which AGAIN, slows me down. I force leap to close the gap again, but i'm still slowed, so he just runs away and grabs another health. ALL THIS TIME I AM CHASING HIM, he is hitting me (since he is ranged) and there is nothing I can do, because his knockback/stun/slow ability has a shorter CD than my resolute or force leap, which make them both worthless. Any other sentinel (except you obviously) could relate to this situation.

And, no, Force Camo is completely useless in PvP, even with the 100% damage decrease, BECAUSE it only lasts four seconds, which is NOT enough time to get away in any situation. Make it 10-12 seconds, and then we can talk about using Force Camo. Until then, it's a junk ability, just like Guarded by the Force and Rebuke.

I somewhat agreed with you until this point, not even going to read the rest. You got to be awful to get knocked around that much in pvp and lose every 1v1. The only class that can take me 1v1 is a sniper in cover with higher ground or op that gets to unload on me, which hasnt happened in a long time. And i consider myself a decent-good player. Even full geared battlemasters i barely lose, they often are 5% when i die.

Here is what I would do if this really does happen to you, force leap, get kb away from them, vc and then transcendence, get a slow on them asap. I only use statsis when someone can get away from me and my dots are ticking away for the kill. I only use resolute when my resolve bar is full or if I need to immediatley get out of a stun, I never use it to get rid of snares.

To the other guy: Why would you need stealth and 100% dmg reduction to close distance? 4 seconds isnt enough to close a gap unless someone is sitting at a point and you would still have to force leap to get to them before they saw you.

In most instances force camo to close distance is a waste of a great tool. It is best used to stay alive by shaking so you can re-engage in a fight.

Force push sucks. There is a slight delay on it because it is actually a projectile that you throw at an enemy. Because of said delay, your target has to be standing still in order for u to push them to a specific area like the fire traps.

I would give up force push in a second to get a vanish. You have no idea how many times I've almost killed maruaders to have them vanish on me and escape. Then since I can't see them but they can see me, they can reopen our fight with a leap which gives them a huge advantage.

I get knocked off bridge and ramps all the time in WZs. Having force push makes no difference.

Not to mention like 70% of the time force push pushes them in the complete opposite direction you intended. I force leaped someone who was running for a med pack in huttball and went to force push him away from it, ended up pushing him into the med pack even though he was in front of me and the med pack was behind me. easily one of the clunkiest abilities in this game.

sentinels don't need a force push, it would only be useful near cliffs/acid/etc not in general open field combat and as a pure dps, not a tank who may want to knock a target away from a team mate. it just wouldn't fit the role. I get very annoyed when people punt my targets away from me.

an ability that gives immunity to push/pull for a short amount of time (other than waiting for resolve, which allows 2-3 pushes or pulls in a row) would be worth something and fit the class a lot better.

that said we don't need any buffs, heck after our last "buff" I guess we should hope BW attempts to nerf us.