The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Confused about the stats on supercommando armor

gtramontelli

Hi,

So in the past few days I've been fortunate enough to get a few pieces of columi and tionese gear...but I'm confused about the stats. I have been looking for shield rating > absorb > def rating. The armor seems to favor accuracy over these defensive stats. What gives? Am I misunderstanding the way the tanking stats should be prioritized, or is the itemization funky?

Thanks

The armor itself gives no accuracy on even shield or absorb for that matter. It the mods in it.

Yep, you are gonna have to search the lands for the mods and enchantments you want.

You can replace that accuracy enchantment with another with that actually gives shield and absorb.

Good luck keeping aggro on a raid boss without hitting them due to not enough accuracy. 100% (+10%) to hit on standard attacks and 110 % (+10% too) on skills is the goal to go for.

Are you sure?

Base accuracy for tech attacks is 100%. This is most of our abilities.

Ranged attacks are 90% base but this only comprises rail shot, rapid shots and unload.

Why overcap specials when you could use those stat points on crit or surge and generate more damage and aggro for the cost?

Missing the occasional railshot or rapid shots isn't going to break your aggro hold if you've spent the points on making heat blast, rocket punch, flame burst and flamethrower crit or crit harder instead. Especially as a tank spec where railshot is only once every 15 seconds.

Now if we knew what boss resists were we could get enough accuracy to override resists on tech but no more, but no combat log makes this a pain to do.

Edited by ducksmyth

The armor itself gives no accuracy on even shield or absorb for that matter. It the mods in it.

Yep, you are gonna have to search the lands for the mods and enchantments you want.

You can replace that accuracy enchantment with another with that actually gives shield and absorb.

I have been doing this. I guess what I was asking is if I should be getting the dps stats vs. the mitigation stats. I'm at approximately 11% avoidance, 46% shield chance, and 43% absorb, with 18k health. I haven't had difficulty keeping aggro for the most part. But I'm getting "upgrades" that reduce the defensive stats when I initially equip them and I have to replace the lvl 56 enhancements in them with epic lvl 50 enhancements to avoid losing mitigation. Is bioware telling me something? Is accuracy more important than shield/absorb?

Good luck keeping aggro on a raid boss without hitting them due to not enough accuracy. 100% (+10%) to hit on standard attacks and 110 % (+10% too) on skills is the goal to go for.

You have no idea what you are talking about, I tank ops bosses no problem and I have no +Accuracy stat beyond some of what is provided by unmoddable equipment.

Don't take the stats on our set pieces as gospel for that role. I tried that with my OP and had a misserable time of it. I finally figured out that Alacrity is an awful stat for Medic once I started swapping out for Crit and Surge. A bit later I came to understand BW doesn't really know 100% what they are doing and trust my own gut on stats.

Don't take the stats on our set pieces as gospel for that role. I tried that with my OP and had a misserable time of it. I finally figured out that Alacrity is an awful stat for Medic once I started swapping out for Crit and Surge. A bit later I came to understand BW doesn't really know 100% what they are doing and trust my own gut on stats.

Yeah, I hope they fix it then. It kinda sucks that I'm getting this "tiered" gear and it's really only a mild upgrade after I put in the stats that make sense.

********..... i have 3*27 Accuracy and have no Problems to hold my Aggro...... For all our Special Attacks we still have 100% Hit...... no need for Accuracy as a Tank!

@TE

Yeah that sucks, i had to replace my Rakata Mods with Columi to get off this F....... Accuracy from my Gear.

Edited by Ellnassil

Yeah, I hope they fix it then. It kinda sucks that I'm getting this "tiered" gear and it's really only a mild upgrade after I put in the stats that make sense.

Yep. Not to be overly dramatic but it really undermines the whole "carrot on a stick" PVE end game model when you know the drops from the next level of difficulty are only minor upgrades at best.

You think, whats the point, I pretty much have the best gear I am going to get, why spend a whole night running EV for a token I am just going to slam in my bank.

Please know what you are talking about before you open your mouth. Bosses are lvl 50, your lvl 50. Same level, so all special attacks have 100% chance to hit. Your ONLY attack that doesn't is rapid shots, and how often do you use that?

The only people that need accuracy are DW people, and in PVP against tanks. Otherwise Accuracy is a wasted stat right now. Maybe in future they will make bosses lvl 51-53 or actually make the armor pen side of accuracy work (it doesn't on OPs bosses ATM).