Perfect fix for PVE/PVP gear, expertise...

Yutaa

Motivation.

a) Players hate "expertise" stat. They for some reason feels that it is just unfear .

I personally think there is no difference will you be killed by someone with 10% expertise or by someone with 20% more stats from PVE gear.

But still...you shouldn't make customers feel that way.

b) PVPers don't want to PVE to get PVP gear. PVErs don't want to PVP to get PVE gear.

c) Still those who do PVE should have some gear advantage over those who just started to PVP.

d) But those who do PVP only and have last PVP tier gear should have some gear advantage over those who come from PVE with last tier gear.

(as for c) and d) - personally I hate this "there should be gear difference in PVP" paradigm but seems like BW stuck with it...)

So here is what I'm thinking about:

1. Remove expertise from all gear.

2. Reduce basic stats on all PVE gear.

3. Introduce new stat, call it...well..."expertise".

This stat will increase you health in fp/ops, increase your demage and lealing done...

Basically the same as expertise now but in PVE enviroment.

4. Put this stat on PVE items.

So basically make it the opposite of what you did with the expertise now.

5. Optional. If you want you may add something like "reforging" in WOW to convert expertise to some other secondary stat.

This "reforged" stat still should work only in fp/ops enviroment.

Example.

tier 0 PVP "blue" gear piece/tier 0 PVE "blue" gear piece: 20 str, 20 end, 20 crit

tier 1 PVP gear piece: 22 str, 22 end, 22 crit (10% increase over tier0)

tier 1 PVE gear piece: 21 str, 21 end, 21 crit, X1 expertise (5% increase over tier0 in PVP _and_ 5%+x1 increase in PVE)

tier 2 PVP gear piece: 23 str, 23 end, 23 crit (15% increase over tier0)

tier 1 PVE gear piece: 22 str, 22 end, 22 crit, x2 expertise (10% increase over tier0 in PVP _and_ 10%+x2 increase in PVE)

As the result:

tier 2 PVP gear have 15% increase in stats over entry level gear in PVP and PVE.

tier 2 PVE gear have 10% increase in stats over entry level gear in PVP and (10%+X2%) in PVE.

Sry for my english, not my native language.

P.S. and not forget to fire you PVP team, close Ilum, say "we are sorry".

By doing this... you are hardcapping primary stats on gear to this tier. FOREVER.

Gear will never have more willpower, aim, endurance, cunning, etc. than this tier. Because you have to keep all the gear equal except for your "expertise" stat for flashpoints and operations.

Also, your system is basically saying that PvE'ers can get the best gear and use it for both PvE and PvP, but PvPer's are screwed when it comes to PvE.

Edited by AntoniusDelitan

so you want to screw the PvE players instead. You want them to PvP for gear in order to be viable in PvP?

It's not enough for them to have no expertise on their PvE gear for PvP right now, but you want to make it so they have less stats AND have expertise (which equates to even less stats to allocate)?

You're pretty much reversing the situation, screwing PvE players.

PvP gear is so strong and easily accessible right now that PvE players who run in full PvE gear suck in warzones, and here you are, trying to screw them even more.

By doing this... you are hardcapping primary stats on gear to this tier. FOREVER..

And this is bad because...?

Gear will never have more willpower, aim, endurance, cunning, etc. than this tier. Because you have to keep all the gear equal except for your "expertise" stat for flashpoints and operations.

1. not equal. There will be difference in base stats. As for me 15% advantage is fine, players don't like to be oneshoted.

2. So what? More willpower - more dms/healing. More expertise - same result.

3. Reforging.

Hey i think i saw you did there.

You simple took the pvp advantage and gave to PvE players.

Guess what? I dont hate expertise im a pvp player , the ones who hate it are the pve players who keep getting trashed and the people who dont want to put any effort in getting gear.

So unless you think every pvp player like me is stupid to take that in like it is a smart idea , i suggest ya begin to develop a new way to try to win with your pve gear.

Let me give you a tip , it is not the gear fault you are losing.

And this is bad because...?

1. not equal. There will be difference in base stats. As for me 15% advantage is fine, players don't like to be oneshoted.

2. So what? More willpower - more dms/healing. More expertise - same result.

3. Reforging.

dude, just go back to WoW.

so you want to screw the PvE players instead. You want them to PvP for gear in order to be viable in PvP?

It's not enough for them to have no expertise on their PvE gear for PvP right now, but you want to make it so they have less stats AND have expertise (which equates to even less stats to allocate)?

PvP gear is so strong and easily accessible right now that PvE players who run in full PvE gear suck in warzones, and here you are, trying to screw them even more.

And how exactly PVE players will be screwed? Have you even read it?

With what I propose there will be only 5% gear advantage for tier2 PVP over tier2 PVE.

You can make expertise as powerful as you want in PvE since mobs won't complain.

You should know many players are already switching from PvP gear to PvE gear for PvP because it's better... you'd know that if you ever PvP'd though.

That stat will only work in FP/ops. So nope.

So what?

i think you are able to SEE the fact that, while pve player can pvp without problem now , pvp player will have to run after pve gear so THEY CAN run ops/fps.

How is that solving anything?

That is just changing it so the PvE player have less work and can do both with their gear.

It is the same PvE players complain atm about need to gear with pvp gear to pvp lol.

You solve nothing , you just change it to make the other side complain.

You can make expertise as powerful as you want in PvE since mobs won't complain.

You should know many players are already switching from PvP gear to PvE gear for PvP because it's better... you'd know that if you ever PvP'd though.

it's only a combination of a few PvE gear (and only for certain classes where 2-piece bonus outweighs expertise hit) at battlemaster level where expertise hits soft cap that makes the combination of majority BM pieces + few Rakata pieces better than full BM.

I've seen the theorycraft, etc.

Most people don't have full BM, and people that only have a few BM pieces just re-mod them with champion enhancements for better stats allocation.