Future content, LESS but more INTERESTING quests

SiEDeN

By the time I hit the mid 30's the world quests became very dull in context. There are just too many quests that really don't deserve voice overs, and actually gets in the way of gameplay. The idea of incorporating story into an MMO is a fantastic idea, but I feel that future content should maintain the same level of "tasks" but have fewer, more epic quests.

If you are designing 10 quests with voice over sequences that involve my character standing in front of each NPC and exchanging some well voiced dialogue, throw them all away and focus on making one quest that has multiple tasks to complete.

So you're saying same amount of content itself, just chains under the same name?

Yeah I can go along with that. It's like the chain nature of class quests. I usually find myself looking forward to and finishing parts of my class quest for that reason. More invested in it.

I'd settle for a) losing the multi-stage "bonus" quests. Just give me the job to start with so I know how big it is... when I complete an objective, I don't wish to have that hoverdroid drop on me like someone collecting for charity in the street. I tend to throw AOE damage at it now, just to relieve stress, but it'd be nice if there were a 'reject quest by attacking droid' option there ;D

b) The 'bonus quests' on a planetary storyline should perhaps be numbered. It'd be nice to have some idea how far one had got through it. The way they're introduced is unfortunate, you're racing back to the spaceport, having completed your reason for being on the planet... and oh, there's some nuisance hanging round in the spaceport lobby with a triangle on his head.