why isnt Manaan planet in this game?

quezcotl

Manaan! My favourite planet in all the KotOR series. It was so peaceful and beautiful. Ahto City, would love to see it again. Or whatever is left of it.

One reason I can stand Hoth in this game is that they use the music from Manaan. I immediately feel peaceful and calm when listening to it.

There's really no reason they should not have this planet in the game. It has:

• Connection to Knights of the Old Republic
  • Would be a water biome planet, which we do not have yet in TOR and could give unique exploration possibilities
  • The TOR timeline has established that Manaan was bombed, there's a conflict right there for its significance
  • Selkath models are already in the game

This seems like an obvious choice, to me. :mon_cool:

EDIT: There's also a ton of other planets that really should be added into the game with relevance to the TOR timeline and iconic KOTOR, movie, or EU status, such as Geonosis (Geonosian models in-game, Mandalorian importance and importance to TOR history, unique biome, different from any planet in the game so far).

Edited by Ravager

EDIT: There's also a ton of other planets that really should be added into the game with relevance to the TOR timeline and iconic KOTOR, movie, or EU status, such as Geonosis (Geonosian models in-game, Mandalorian importance and importance to TOR history, unique biome, different from any planet in the game so far).

See, that way you could make an argument for virtually any planet in the galaxy. And we obviously can't have every planet in the galaxy.

According to Wookieepedia

"During the Great Galactic War, the Selkath attempted to maintain their neutrality as a supplier of kolto to all who would buy. But the reconstituted Sith Empire refused to accept their neutral stance, and destroyed Manaan's surface cities. The Selkath fled beneath the oceans in a mass exodus from the surface."

I loved Manaan - I can't explain, but Alto City had such a nice ambient atmosphere....They can rebuild :)

I guess I just like extreme worlds......

extreme desert (Tatooine)

extreme cold/ice (Hoth)

extreme water (Manaan)

However, If not - (for my water world fix) how about Glee Anselm with the intro of Nautolans as a new playable Race? :)

• 1 year later...
Played the Flashpoint last night. Seeing familiar Manaan sights in SW:TOR was amazing. I loved Manaan in KOTOR and I always dug the Selkath. That Flashpoint is no joke, either - bring a good team. ^_^

Ditto. Played it for the first time Monday night. Absolutely loved it. Manaan was my favorite place in KOTOR - beautiful tranquil, and the music was fantastic. And I loved the Selkath - an original KOTOR race. They did a lot without having to lean on established canon.

I'll tell ya this. I have a Stronghold at 100 percent on Coruscant, all 350 hooks filled. I'd empty the thing in a heartbeat, deactivate it, and happily buy a Manaan SH if they had one. Instantly.