Mouse Acceleration

Brainstormz

Mouse acceleration and hardware mouse options have been a very big issue for PC games lately, mostly ports.

Developers are having a hard time understanding us or they are completely blind for some reason. We want mouse movement to be the same it has always been.

Raw mouse input. We DO NOT want our mouse cursor tied to FPS.

1/1 ratio for movement.

No deadzone(mostly ports acting as if there is a analog controller still)

The ability to adjust sensitivity

All mouse buttons recognized in the settings.

If we could get what I typed in every PC game the internet would be missing 1 billion post right now.

PLEASE FIX THE MOUSE MOVEMENT ASAP.

Note this is mostly for ports, but I did notice sluggish mouse movement in the beta.

Edited by Remidi

it is insanely frustrating to play in indoors at the moment because of this "mouse acceleration" issue. its not unplayable outdoors but its significantly worse once you move into close quarters..

Seriously takes a lot of the fun away when I don't feel like I can control my character at times

• 2 weeks later...
setpoint does not diable accel in the game i have a g9x, g9x mw, g400 and g1 the program does not disable accel in game they have to fix this. I honestly couldnt believe that this game had this kinda issuses when i paid 60 dollars and another 15 for sub please fix this if you dont its pretty much a shame of a game, next time please look into what people say on the forums cause most likely then not its true.

I'm using Logitech's Setpoint software, and it overrides everything in SWTOR, including acceleration

Same here.

Everyone else can try this in Windows 7:

Go to the mouse properties window.

Go to Pointer Options

Untick Enhance pointer precision

Edited by Daemonjax

Is there really something like mouse acceleration in this game?

Sure, the mouse/camera in this game feels really weird, but I can't put my finger on it. Yet, it's so annoying that I'm going to unsubscribe, if they don't fix this in the coming patches. Though I actually like this game...

Well, and if they really force us to use mouse acceleration (IMHO the most useless invention ever made for the mouse, actually, twisting the notion of a mouse), I'll rage quit :mad:

It's mouse smoothing or acceleration or something. It's horrible, horrible, horrible.

It's usually the sign of a bad console port, and I don't understand why they have it in this game as it's not a console port.

The game is certainly playable, but if anybody could find a solution, or preferably if BioWare would give the option to turn it off, I'd be much happier.

Hmm, I'm using a Razer Diamondback 3G and its latest driver 1.01. I suffered heavy mouse lag and possibly mouse acceleration as well. To be honest, I can't tell, because it felt like playing SWTOR with a tiny touch pad. And I was unable to use mouse buttons other than the left and right button. (This was somehow related to my graphics card and its awful drivers to a certain degree, but this is another topic.)

So I gave my mouse driver software (razerhid.exe) administrator rights for all users. The result is the mouse/camera movement feeling much, much better in this game and I can bind my others mouse buttons too...

I can only guess what's going on there, but it seems, that SWTOR may have trouble with using specific mouse (driver) software, and possibly defaults to something with mouse acceleration enabled...

Edited by Kejadyr

• 3 months later...

I found that the camera lag (mouse dragging) increases dramatically when using:

Shadow detail - high

Bloom

V-sync will lag the camera even with Low setting, just by limiting the FPS to 60.

Disabling them almost completely removes the lag.

Apparently when I'm above 100 fps I get no camera lag.

- i7@4k, GTX460 (296.10), 8GB RAM, G9, Win7x64 SP1, SSD

PS: anyone here with a GTX 570/580 having similar camera lag issues?