A Shared Bank for all your Characters on the same server

DeathFirewalker

I would like to see a Shared bank for your Charcters. This way you don't have to log on and off just to send your other Character stuff or to see if he can use it..I think this would same time and give you more play time and make it funner. Because logging off and on all the time is no fun... Thank you for your time in Reading this......

Lord of the Rings does this as well.

Given that this game is heavily focused towards having multiple characters with 8 on a server, It seems utterely stupid not to have shared storage and even shared functionality between them.

I.E Being able to remotely send the companions of your other characters on missions or even your other player characters.

THe one fun thing I liked in LOTRO was the ability to buy your own house and have chests which could be accessed by any of your characters because that house was for EVERY character on the server. Do that in this game except make it a frigate / capital ship the player owns which all the player characters can dock too and use to share companion, gear etc.

Could even turn this into a whole new expanion with the ability to upgrade your capital ship, send it on new space missions and do an RTS style crew management system.

Also agree and it was in EQ2 which is 6 years old!

November 2004 and it was a launch feature. Mentoring was in by March '05. Whatever bugs can be complained about, EQ2 launched with a very robust feature set.Surprised at how many game launches haven't followed suit.

shared bank would drastically decrease ability to save up materials etc....i think sufficient would be to make BIND function of schematics and items that can be broken down to materials/reverse engineered implement on account, not character...since in-game mail allows to send things....

though- adding a mailbox in own star-ship would be welcome under such conditions..

Edited by xPyro

I would tie this idea to Legacy . . . once you have a Legacy, you get a shared mailbox. Not only does it implement something functional, it is another reward (Carrot) that acts as incentive, and it'll fit in with the RP aspect of things too. If they all have the same last name, why not share?

-

true..legacy bind would be better..

i would not agree that all character mail i bound thou..however how about if like this:

1) BOP type schematics and materials: bound to legacy on completion of main story line chapter 1 displays as [bound to [legacyname]] instead of just [bound]

1a)Mail all characters on same account added to autofill (like it is woth friends and guild memebrs). BOP schematics can be sent.

2) "friends" bound to account ( if a player has a "friend" (toon A) and after he ads another of the friends toons to friend list (toon B), then they display aproximatelly like this:

added toon A, then added toon B (online with toon A) : friends online:->: [Toon A]

(online with toon B)-> [Toon A] (as [toon B])

3) BOP items- still BOP to character to not brake gameplay

Yes to shared bank, but only so far as the same faction on the same server.

The economy on each server can vary greatly between the two factions, and eventually players able to transfer items to the other faction would be able to exploit the market for their own personal gain.

Example: A crafting material costs 100 credits per piece on one faction, but, due to other players being more ambitious about gathering the same material, it only costs 50 credits per piece on the other faction's GTN. A "clever" player with a cross-faction shared bank would promptly buy out the cheaper faction, reposting on the more expensive side, and eventually corner the market for that particular material.

no..bound storage is not ok- imagine just how much place will be taken with crafting materials if each of your chars has different crafting skill....no place for anything at all

(well- atm it is not an issue, but in time it will)

that is - if schematics get bound to legacy...and in fact- if bound items stay as they are- shared storage is pretty much useles

ability to send mail to OWN OPOSITE FACTION TOON-soso, but might feel nice, though not a must...

Yes please, for non-bound items. Bound items seems a bit to powerful and would lead to a lot of messed up loot situations in flashpoints. If you think people rolling on loot for their companions is bad, think about if we could roll on loot for our alts. :eek:

Yes to shared bank, but only so far as the same faction on the same server.

The economy on each server can vary greatly between the two factions, and eventually players able to transfer items to the other faction would be able to exploit the market for their own personal gain.

Example: A crafting material costs 100 credits per piece on one faction, but, due to other players being more ambitious about gathering the same material, it only costs 50 credits per piece on the other faction's GTN. A "clever" player with a cross-faction shared bank would promptly buy out the cheaper faction, reposting on the more expensive side, and eventually corner the market for that particular material.

Nar Shadda broker is cross faction. Once people figure that out and the market settles, the point fades.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Also agree and it was in EQ2 which is 6 years old!

It started with EQ1, I loved it, I would load a bag of goodies drop it into my universal bank slot, log onto anothe character pull bad out and take wha i needed put more stuff in bag then put it back in the unversal slot for another character. I beat having to find a safe spot in the world, move your character to the same spot, drop your stuff log out and back in before someone came along and grabbed it or it deterioated.