The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cant change guild ranks

Soldatay

Hey guys,

Ok i have submitted in games tickets but no reply :( so maybe you guys can help

There are a few members in my guild that i cant change ranks on...

i am the Guildmaster why cant i change their ranks i can change on some of the characters some i right click the name and all i see is set member note or set officer note anybody know why this is ?

• 4 months later...

I sent in a ticket for this and the reply was to make sure I didn't have the security key option on. I don't have that turned on so I sent in another ticket because the first was closed after they replied.

I'm still waiting.....

Are those guild members by chance ones who had to rename their character names? Renamed characters seem to be buggy in more than one aspect. A friend of mine had to change his name, and I couldn't add his new name to my friends list. Also, he's listed on our guild page as lvl 0 (he's lvl 50). On the other hand, how many people can boast that they tanked Denova (as he did tonight) as lvl 0 ;) Edited by Sauska

You have to adjust the ranks settings which is somewhere in the guild panel. Once u create a guild, certain ranks are locked. You then have to open that panel and sort it out. Same place where u change the rank names and what not.

Thats why its greyed out. -.-

np.

EDIT : That can only be sorted out bu the guildmaster if i wasnt clear

Edited by JahDux

• 2 weeks later...

In reference to ranks being grayed out when attempting to change a players rank to that; You cannot assign a rank that has the "Security Key" verification flag toggled on, to a member that is offline. You can when they are online and it will persist even after logging off.

In reference to ranks not appearing on the list when trying to assign a member to that rank; You cannot assign a member to a rank that is equal to or above your own rank.

In reference to renaming ranks; To my knowledge, you cannot rename ranks. You must create new ones, and delete the old ones (which must contain 0 members before you can delete it).

In reference to ranks in general; Ranks are ordered from highest to lowest, from top to bottom. New members will automatically be assigned to the lowest ordered rank.

Hey guys,

Ok i have submitted in games tickets but no reply :( so maybe you guys can help

i am the Guildmaster why cant i change their ranks i can change on some of the characters some i right click the name and all i see is set member note or set officer note anybody know why this is ?

I never had that issue as a guild leader, but I could solve it instantly. Kick the person out of the guild, re-invite them and then change their rank.

I bet what I wrote would work without a hitch.

• 1 year later...
Hey guys,

Have the same problem. I am guildmaster too.

Have 1 lieutenant, can`t change his rank to member. It's my old friend, but now he left SWTOR.

Why I can't change his rank? Guild Tlen, The Red Eclipse, republic. Nickname of that lieutenant - Nebhtet.