[Video] New Ability cooldown effects

Libertine

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Large improvement in terms of visibility. Protip for PvEers: Memorize your cooldowns so you dont have to constantly stare at the action bars. For any classes that have reactive procs, state dependent skills, etc. sorry you're screwed

fixed

Looked at the first page only, didn't bother reading the rest.

You guys are really complaining about a non-issue here. So they changed some colors, big deal. I think it's much clearer now what is on CD and what's not.

You seriously made a video, posted it on Youtube and then made a thread here on such a trivial issue? You guys sure work hard to beat on a game you hate.

Looked at the first page only, didn't bother reading the rest.

You guys are really complaining about a non-issue here. So they changed some colors, big deal. I think it's much clearer now what is on CD and what's not.

You seriously made a video, posted it on Youtube and then made a thread here on such a trivial issue? You guys sure work hard to beat on a game you hate.

Quoted for emphasis.

I actually LIKE the change.

Worst possible change they could have made.

The ICONs go very dark blue for 3/4 of the GCD and then immediatly go very Dark again if you click anything else.

You have .25 of a second to spot the right darkish ICON and then hope to find the next one.

How the HEll did this make it through testing ?

For me its damn near unplayable like this...my eyes are burning after 30 minutes....:mad:

Three strikes your OUT !!

THIS:

OLD UI: Buttons DO NOT get greyed out during GCD, you could tell what abilities you could use once GCD ends

NEW UI: ALL buttons get greyed out during GCD so you cannot tell which abilitiy is greyed out because of GCD and which is greyed out because of lack of power/too much heat.

This makes it impossible to plan ahead.

Edited by lightyearbuzz

Yeah the new cd has took a shart on my action bars.... At times all my abilities are blacked out and I find myself just guessing that it's off cd. I hate looking down at my bars at all, sinc this thing dropped today I spend more time looking to see if something is off cd... Why in the world do all my abilities have to get creamed on when I use just one. Then the blinking....

The warhammer team is really making a name for themselves.....

Oh sweet Warcraft it was the little things you did....

Edited by Irishbrewed

When the GCD ends the whole bar flashes, that's just stupid.

Developers, your working too hard. You don't even see what's needed and appreciated anymore. Take a break and some distance and you'll see clearer again, what is a good game.

The stupid flash....

Did you guys watch the VERSUS trailers they did. Where two classes would square off and the devs would each talk how this class would beat that. Well the whole time the fights are slow, and they back pedal.

I think these guys are Noobs at the games... How they thought this GCD was a good idea is beyond me, don't they have testers?

How in the hell does this stuff make it past QA/Testing. Graying out all icons during the global cooldown is not a fix, it further hinders the players ability. Just remove the global cooldown graying out everything and you're good.

I never post on the forums but I had to for this one. Yikes. Wish there was better communication during test phases between testers and developers. :mad:

I agree!, in its current state it's pretty difficult to gauge what ability is available which for my self leads to a bit of frustration and confusion. However I do feel they're on the right track, I think a hot fix will resolve this fairly quickly.

hate it....why mess with something that was not broken to begin with. Too confusing and i cant tell which ability is ready or not....I hope they do a fix on this like NOW.....

It needed a fix because with 10sec left on a cd it looked like it was off cd, but this was not a proper fix and really made the entire hot bar a pain now....

There should be an option to switch. Or if push comes to shove, keep the old one but put tiny countdown numbers in the corner of each skill slot. As a marauder the only thing keeping me able to play is knowing well... how to play? A newcomer to the class would have a fit playing like this. I'm sure other classes are suffering with adverse effects, but on the whole it's a step backwards.

When the GCD ends the whole bar flashes, that's just stupid.

The best(worst) part of this is that the flashing animation doesn't even start until after the GCD has fully expired.

People better just get good at anticipating what they'll be able to use, because if you're waiting for any meaningful feedback from the UI, you can expect to delay everything you do by an additional half a second.

It really is startling that a designer came up with these changes, actually believed they were good, and that they made it though any sort of QA process.

Edited by Xerel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.