[Video] New Ability cooldown effects

Libertine

judge for yourself ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXRS1dsPsvQ&feature=youtu.be

EDIT:

heres a direct comparsion between old and new, makes it clearer to understand where the problem with the flashing lies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiVvUFBCBlw

personally i feel its crap for the least to say, in the heat of a warzone its really hard to tell which abilities are available and which arent...whoever came up with that and approved it needs to get slapped imo...

just add a gosh darn timer and be done with it...

CLARIFICATION:

since everyone is crying "the flashing is not so bad".

i wonder if you ppl even look at the comparsion or youre just a bunch of clickers who takes 3sec from one ability to the next...

OLD UI: Buttons DO NOT get greyed out during GCD, you could tell what abilities you could use once GCD ends

NEW UI: ALL buttons get greyed out during GCD so you cannot tell which abilitiy is greyed out because of GCD and which is greyed out because of lack of power/too much heat.

This makes it impossible to plan ahead.

Edited by Libertine

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never know if an ability is ready to use such as the reactive abilties that require slow/stun.

Also, doesnt this defeat the original intent for BW changing the UI?!

They said they first changed the GCD UI so players could tell the difference between an ability that was unusable and an ability that was ready to be used WHILE THE GCD WAS TICKING DOWN. This is not the case anymore. Playing a Focus/Rage class is nearly impossible now unless you memorize procs and focus/rage costs.

This new UI is worse than all iterations before it.

Edited by GrimMage

Awful, out of all the things that needed changing this wasn't one of them. Worthless update

Weren't people complaining about not being able to see if or not abilities with long CDs on them were ready or not? I think this solved that particular problem didn't it?

I'll have to try it myself and see, but I'm confused as to why the flashing? Rows upon rows of the flashing, whats it for? I think I better understood my cooldowns before the "fix". Like I say though, I'll need to try this weekend and see. I'm fairly adaptable though, so I might get used to it, not sure.

So Bioware, how am I supposed to tell if my target is in range of my abilities while the GCD is active?

#DumbChangIsDumb

By looking at the screen and judging the distance to the player you are healing, it's bit old school but it used to be that people that wanted to be healed stayed in range of the healer not the other way around.

Meh don't see what all the fuss is about really.

try playing a class with mostly instants like a powertech and youll see ... the constant flashing every 1.5sec is annoying and its impossible to tell at a glance which abilities are available and which arent.

it really hampers the fluidness of combat since you need to take a close look to tell if something is available or not.

as it is right now both old versions worked better for me then this.

might not be a huge issue for classes which have very little instants but that doesnt make it any better for me ...

try playing a class with mostly instants like a powertech and youll see ... the constant flashing every 1.5sec is annoying and its impossible to tell at a glance which abilities are available and which arent.

it really hampers the fluidness of combat since you need to take a close look to tell if something is available or not.

might not be a huge issue for classes which have very little instants but that doesnt make it any better for me ...

GAH I have a powertech that I adore playing and I will be SO dissapointed if I feel I can't cope with the flashing... Ugh, this is like the first thing I have actually been apprehensive about as far as any patch/fix goes. I'm not going to test/try till the weekend so, heres hoping..

I don't complain much - at all really. I tried it this morning and you can't tell if you have the resources to use an ability or if you are in range to use an ability. It looks like they were on the right track, but stopped 75% of the way.

It really needs fixing!

Aren't the ones that flashed the ones that are available. It seems that way from the video.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.