Madness Buff 1.1.2

DarthNorik

2 pts in Dark Embrace? I honestly would not invest the 2 pts for that, just don't feel like it's worth it w/o Darkswell. Outside of opening, you're looking at Blackout every minute without using Force Cloak vs every 3 minutes using Force Cloak.

I'd also very much like to not lose Lightning Recovery, the utility it provides isn't directly dps related, but it really helps with surviving fights and getting to farther targets much faster. So for me the decision is coming down to Duplicity vs Electric Execution, and to make that decision need to know if Maul > Thrash with +15% crit and by how much.

I like having 12 secs of dark embrace at start of fights, and for bosses which require bursting at certain points like the droid boss in KP or SOA.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of Force Shroud, remember that just like Backstab can be resisted, attacks like Grahj's pounce or Bonetrasher's swipe can be resisted as well because they're not melee attacks. Missile barrage from Annilhator Droid, ironically, cannot be resisted but can be deflected by Saber Ward.

missiles are considered as range attacks so need to use that 50% melee/range defense increase buff to stay in it.

but I didn't know pounce can be resisted. So If I resist it, do I 'not' get knocked back?

missiles are considered as range attacks so need to use that 50% melee/range defense increase buff to stay in it.

but I didn't know pounce can be resisted. So If I resist it, do I 'not' get knocked back?

My force shroud doesnt work on pounce at all, but I have an alternative method for that. Theres a sweet spot which is just outside pounce range but still within 10 meters to use force lightning and shock.

Tracer Missiles sure aren't ranged, that's why I said it's ironic that droid's missiles are ranged.

Pounce doesn't KB. The KB is from a different move (less damage + KB). Not sure if resisting that move prevents the KB, but I'd rather resist Pounce since it does way more damage.

My force shroud doesnt work on pounce at all, but I have an alternative method for that. Theres a sweet spot which is just outside pounce range but still within 10 meters to use force lightning and shock.

woo.. is that 9.99m away from him?:p

I'm really disliking the way they are NOT communicating changes. Needing to search all the talents for changes it a pain in the butt. Why aren't these posted in a PTS patch notes?

It was posted on the patch notes when your game was updating.... Just click, Patch Notes 2/7/12....

If you look at say, Overload, it says it knocks targets within 8m away, so I wouldn't be surprised if 8m is the distance for most anti-melee attacks. Though due to Gharj's size it's sometimes misleading how far (or close) you're to him.

Force Shroud always worked on Pounce for me though. It actually takes a while before he pounces after the warning, so you can't use it immediately.

I'm really disliking the way they are NOT communicating changes. Needing to search all the talents for changes it a pain in the butt. Why aren't these posted in a PTS patch notes?

And I'm really disliking that some people can't be bothered to click "patch notes" on the game launcher.

That link does not work for me. I read the dev tracker every day and check patch notes religiously. I am not seeing any of these changes mentioned in the notes.

Also, I am at work and can't access the launcher even if the link did work for me. All I'm asking is for the website content manager to keep up with these things. No need to get all pissy with me about it.

Edited by Rodobson

That link does not work for me. I read the dev tracker every day and check patch notes religiously. I am not seeing any of these changes mentioned in the notes.

what are you not seeing?

Sith Inquisitor

Assassin

o All Saber Charges now cost 100 Force.

o Lightning Charge's Discharge now also deals damage when applied. Overall damage dealt by this ability has not changed.

Darkness

+ Charge Mastery: No longer increases the duration of Lightning Charge's Discharge effect. It now increases the damage dealt by Lightning Charge.

+ Energize: This skill now also triggers from Assassinate. It now triggers from damage dealt (rather than ability use) such that each hit of Assassinate, Thrash, and Lacerate have an individual chance to yield the Energize buff. The chance to trigger has been reduced to 30% per hit.

+ Harnessed Darkness: Stacks of Harnessed Darkness now last 30 seconds. Using Wither now yields a stack of Harnessed Darkness.

Deception

+ Induction: Now requires the Surging Charge skill to be purchased and requires that Surging Charge is active in order to trigger the Induction buff. This skill now also triggers from Assassinate.

Madness (Shared Tree)

* Crackling Charge: Now additionally lowers the cooldown of Discharge while Lightning Charge is active.

* Raze: Now triggers from activating melee attacks that hit a target affected by Lightning Charge's Discharge effect. This effect now triggers more easily but cannot trigger as frequently.

* Death Field: Heals the caster for 1% of maximum health for each target struck. This healing effect can no longer crit and no longer consumes Recklessness charges.

* Devour: Now doubles the amount of healing generated by Death Field and Parasitism.

Thank you sir. Those notes are quite different from what was outlined 3 days ago. They have added several large changes. These updates were never announced however.

urg...

1. they have a link on the launcher

2. 'NEWS & UPDATES' > Patch Notes

are the ways to get to them.

and the 3 days ago, i'm assuming PTS patch notes, are never a complete set of things that will go on live.

Edited by Jabtangs

Well before this patch I was playing the Madness/Deception Hybrid (0/13/28) but with the changes to Induction that is no longer possible because you would have to use Surging Charge unfortunately. While it's still not a bad spec even if you use Surging Charge I would definitely think full Madness would trump it for PvE DPS now. Surging Charge just really isn't that strong if you don't go deep into the Deception tree for Static Charges.

Now based on the math, if you take Charge Mastery and Electric Execution, Lightning Charge does a total of 27% more damage which puts it's total damage at 165.1. Where without Electric Execution the damage is increased by 18% which puts total damage at 153.4. SO it's 3 talent points for 12 extra damage essentially. I don't feel like that's exactly worth it, but if you do I would recommend going with a build similar to this 8/2/31

I'm probably going to go with something more like this due to the fact I really don't feel that 12 damage is worth 3 talent points. 5/5/31 that way you still get the stealth bonus regen so you have Force Cloak to get some regen in combat when needed and the extra 10% chance on to proc Exploit Weakness seems better than 12 damage.

Ideally I just wish they hadn't changed Induction in the first place because I rather enjoyed the 0/13/28 build, but oh well. That change probably lowered the DPS potential of Madness due to the fact you can't spam Shock every time it's off cooldown, but at least taking Creeping Terror makes up for that damage loss a little bit.

I like having 12 secs of dark embrace at start of fights, and for bosses which require bursting at certain points like the droid boss in KP or SOA.

Doesn't using Force Cloak drop a global cooldown? You're also really hurting yourself to do that at the start of a fight and possibly pull aggro and have no way to drop the aggro, I mostly save Cloak for the oh-sh.it moments.

Thank you sir. Those notes are quite different from what was outlined 3 days ago. They have added several large changes. These updates were never announced however.

Yes, they were. They were announced on the PTS forum in the 1.1.2 patch notes thread, which has since been removed, as the changes are now live. You saw the changes in the patch notes when you patched the game today.

Just because you didn't pay attention doesn't mean the information wasn't there.

Also, I am at work and can't access the launcher even if the link did work for me. All I'm asking is for the website content manager to keep up with these things. No need to get all pissy with me about it.

Then stopping acting like its their fault that you can't click links and read.

well.... i was deception when i reached lvl 50 and did some pvp. I thought it was quite good but decided to go pve in tank specc. Since i red the patchnotes yesterday i decided to try madness and holy cow my dmg ouput is beyond living.... its kinda fun to play and selfheal/survivability is awesome. I end up every warzone with 300k+ dmg (sometimes 380k) and nearly no deaths. My gear is okay, i dont have much expertise (about 140) mostly pve epics and 3 items are still tank gear so im running on 32% crit, 83% surge and 310 melee power atm. honestly i cannot understand anyone saying madness socks... try it out - i can send some screens if you want, just answer me ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.