Post patch balance pvp

Kooxy

Hey everyone, so I just respeced to balance after patch just to give it a try, and I have to stay I was pleasantly surprised with the results I got in the 12ish wzs I played. here is what my spec looks like :http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601McMcZZcMfRrMkrfz.1

Force breach w/o a cooldown is amazing : you can switch targets easily, and dot several persons for added pressure and healing. Ramp up time is a bit slow but once you have breach, FiB and sever force on the target + project buff, you will destroy that person thanks to mind crushes that are procing at a crazy rate and hard hitting double strikes.

I personally believe that the spec can compete with 31/0/10 and most importantly It feels much more complex than infil and kinetic spec.

What do you think ?

I'm looking forward to trying it out. Doubt I'll stick to it because I love Guard a LOT, but it looks pretty fun.

I'd like to add that I don't think Kinetic's any simpler than Balance or Infiltration if you're actually playing control and support (because you are a tank) and not just as DPS.

Edited by AstralFire

I might actually try balance one day. I find the challange of Tank spec pvp to be alot more fun than infil spec. I like throwing guard on a guy long enough to keep him alive, taunting snipers and pulling people off ledges in hutt ball.

The changes to Balance make it alot more attractive. I like the idea of a melee dot based dpser. Before it seemed like it was just a weaker sage that had no range.

Edited by Uppercase

I've been playing Balance Shadow for a bit now and wrecking in WZs. I was unaware that we needed to be buffed lol.

IMO this will make us OP straight up. We shall see though, I look forward to none stop force breaching to reach 300k dmg with my eyes closed.

FiB + FB x 3 = infinite force?

FiB + FB x 3 = infinite force?

Indeed. I am never running out of force and reaching the 300k dmg is much easier than before.

As for complexity, what I meant is that there are much more abilities I'm using in this spec which I find enjoyable. Another advantage over infiltration is that the dmg is constant, whereas infil burst relies too much on cds and if you stay alive after that you'll be force starved sooner rather than later.

Edit: for clarity

Edited by Kooxy

Well, it is very frustration when you get the jump on someone, loaded them up with your DoTs and have them shrug it off. XD

Definitely need to evaluate my tactics. What do you think is a good balance rotation in pvp? CUrrently I do this. opening from range(Surge stim, Force Potency) - FiB - (crit relic) Force Sever - Force Breach - project - DS - mind crush - DS. Stun/lift as needed.

So against other shadows and assassins, about right after Force breach, they pop resilience and procceed to carve me up. Toe to toe, even with the damage boost to meelee, I hardly want to be in melee being squishy as I am.

Hey everyone, so I just respeced to balance after patch just to give it a try, and I have to stay I was pleasantly surprised with the results I got in the 12ish wzs I played. here is what my spec looks like :http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601McMcZZcMfRrMkrfz.1

Force breach w/o a cooldown is amazing : you can switch targets easily, and dot several persons for added pressure and healing. Ramp up time is a bit slow but once you have breach, FiB and sever force on the target + project buff, you will destroy that person thanks to mind crushes that are procing at a crazy rate and hard hitting double strikes.

I personally believe that the spec can compete with 31/0/10 and most importantly It feels much more complex than infil and kinetic spec.

What do you think ?

have you re done your enhancments on you champion gear? if no i suggest it. ditch all the accuracy enhancments and put in crit surge.

i'm champoin set gives me 33% crit and 79 % surge and before the patch my dots were crushing people and my FiB would crit for 3.2 k

have you re done your enhancments on you champion gear? if no i suggest it. ditch all the accuracy enhancments and put in crit surge.

i'm champoin set gives me 33% crit and 79 % surge and before the patch my dots were crushing people and my FiB would crit for 3.2 k

I'll definitely give that a shot. With champion gear being easier to get I can get those crit surge mods easier now.

Well, it is very frustration when you get the jump on someone, loaded them up with your DoTs and have them shrug it off. XD

Definitely need to evaluate my tactics. What do you think is a good balance rotation in pvp? CUrrently I do this. opening from range(Surge stim, Force Potency) - FiB - (crit relic) Force Sever - Force Breach - project - DS - mind crush - DS. Stun/lift as needed.

So against other shadows and assassins, about right after Force breach, they pop resilience and procceed to carve me up. Toe to toe, even with the damage boost to meelee, I hardly want to be in melee being squishy as I am.

For the rotation that's pretty much it (altough you're better off starting from stealth instead of 30m) as for when you are facing other shadows sever force is ur friend. After he removes your dots try to kite him as much as you can until resilience wears out (sprint or cloak ). after that you can use sever force to root him and reapply all the dots without him reaching you. Most importantly if he's infiltration you should know when he's about to burst you so use resilience right before that project/breach combo hits you. should be cake after that.

No I haven't redone my enhancement on gear yet, mostly because I don't have the full champion set yet and my server is dead so it's hard to find good enhancement/mods

But FiB is criting around 3k 3.2k with relics since im sitting at around 80% surge already.

just windering how does force breach not have a cd. i play inf spec and was interested in switching to balanced

Force focus (tier 1 talent in the balance tree) now reduces the cooldown of force breach (in force technique) by 100%

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.